Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Community > Kitchen Sink

Old 06-14-2018, 08:18 AM   #1336
mikev
»»───knee───►

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: .
Name:
To even qualify for a supermax he has to either win DPOY, MVP, or 1st Team All-NBA next year.

He's basically gambling on himself and trying to maximize his earnings, which I totally understand and am all in favor of. The realization though is that makes him the most likely to be let go.

lying on the stones on the shore. in the dark. muscles torn. bones broken. heart aching. waiting for the tide to rise and take you into sweet oblivion. and then dawn breaks. and the glow flows over you. and you open a swollen eye, and cry at the beauty of the sun on the horizon. and think maybe...maybe you can pull yourself up - and make it one more day. maybe. one more day. and you rise.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:19 AM   #1337
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM74 View Post
yeah, I don't see the Warriors paying Draymond Super Max money.

I don't see why Kestrel would object to Draymond, I mean, Dellavedova IS a dirty player and he loved him.
He hasn't changed with the Bucks... that is when he can play.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:28 AM   #1338
Mike95060
Figured it out!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 2004 CRF 250X
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
To even qualify for a supermax he has to either win DPOY, MVP, or 1st Team All-NBA next year.

He's basically gambling on himself and trying to maximize his earnings, which I totally understand and am all in favor of. The realization though is that makes him the most likely to be let go.
I don't think Green will ever pull in endorsement money like a Curry or Lebron can. To me it makes sense then that he is trying to the super max deal.

Quote:
Green, 27, was a second-round pick in the 2012 NBA draft. His first contract was for three years and $2.6 million. It was a huge sum of money for someone who grew up poor, but not something he could retire on. “My first year, I didn’t hire a financial advisor. I said I’m going to do this on my own. I want to learn how to pay bills. I want to learn how money works and if I screw it up, I screw it up,” says Green. “I can’t live the rest of my life off this 400 grand I’m going to take home anyway, but I can teach myself about money.”

Green’s rookie deal turned out to be a bargain for the Warriors as he developed into one of the NBA’s top players. Green’s big score came in the summer of 2015 after helping the Warriors win their first NBA title in 40 years and finishing runner-up for defensive player of the year. Green inked a five-year, $82 million contract extension with the team. His salary is $15.3 million this season, plus an estimated $4 million off the court, including endorsements with Nike, Verizon and others.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad.../#704f5df65f90

He seems generous too.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe.../#3520d8166278
Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 AM   #1339
mikev
»»───knee───►

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Curry or Lebron?

No, but he does have 4-5 endorsements with Nike, Verizon, etc.

I mean, I get it. I'm sure someone will give him a max deal, but I don't think it will be GSW and I think that will also hurt his potential earnings when he's not winning rings every year.

lying on the stones on the shore. in the dark. muscles torn. bones broken. heart aching. waiting for the tide to rise and take you into sweet oblivion. and then dawn breaks. and the glow flows over you. and you open a swollen eye, and cry at the beauty of the sun on the horizon. and think maybe...maybe you can pull yourself up - and make it one more day. maybe. one more day. and you rise.
mikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #1340
Kestrel
CAPTAIN VOLVO

Contributor

Motorcycles: DR350-SM/Dirt, Ninja 250 & Volvos
Name:
Quote:
yeah, I don't see the Warriors paying Draymond Super Max money.

I don't see why Kestrel would object to Draymond, I mean, Dellavedova was a dirty player and he loved him.
It's more like... You played against them in the finals for the last four years.. Bad blood isn't the right description.. or maybe it is? I don't think he'd ever want to go there, and I don't think they'd send him there. A good front office tries to respect a player's wishes to some extent.

Supermax? Ehhh. Can he pull in more money than he's making right now? Absolutely. He is in some weird way the glue that makes the Warriors function... but it's going to be tough to hold that roster year after year.

It's a cycle every dominant team goes through. Players get good, they succeed, they receive (and have earned with those championships) more money. But you start to lose out on draft picks, and the long term is sacrificed to be competitive for 3-5 years. Eventually your star players get older, the ratio of on the court value vs. pay check starts to slide, and suddenly.... you're the Miami Heat.

At some point, high value low cost rookies show up and kick your ass, and the cycle starts all over again. That was GSW in 2015.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 AM   #1341
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
^^ Which why the Spurs 15 years span of winning 50+ games and making the playoffs is amazing. David Robinson to Tim Duncan, to Parker and Ginobli then signing Lamarcus. If they can figure out the Khawi thing they'll continue a run.

A salary cap is designed to even the playing field, it kinda works that way. Teams like the Patriots and possibly Warriors become anomalies for many reasons; selfless players, great coach, timing of draft, increase in salary cap, and some luck with drafting.

If Damian Jones and Jordan Bell become all stars, not super stars, but all stars, Warriors will get a couple more because the starting 4 wont have to be perfect.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. … I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Dubbington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #1342
Kestrel
CAPTAIN VOLVO

Contributor

Motorcycles: DR350-SM/Dirt, Ninja 250 & Volvos
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbington View Post
^^ Which why the Spurs 15 years span of winning 50+ games and making the playoffs is amazing.

Yea, it's really one of the few outliers in modern sports. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next 5 years or so. Lots of young teams with some serious talent.
Kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:33 AM   #1343
Dubbington
Slamdunk Champion

Contributor

Motorcycles: EX Street Triple ;(
Name: Dubs
Kawhi officially wants to be traded.

Lakers could possibly get him, Lebron and Paul George with the amount of cap space they have. Probably have to trade Ingram or Kuzma though.

Safe to say Lebron not going to spurs now.

Wonder how even healthy Kawhi is.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

Quote:
Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey. … I've got two, if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. -Biden
Dubbington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:49 AM   #1344
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor ++++++1%

Motorcycles: Gixxus | Husky
Name: Dan
That's too bad. I like Kawhi...would hate to see him in a Lakers uniform.
DTM74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #1345
Nick

BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: make vroom noises
Name: .
Quote:
Dug Steph paying homage to the old school guys with the hat...

And I also have that same Quiksilver straw hat!
Old 06-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #1346
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
The League needs the Lakers to be relevant....