Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Sport Touring / Cruising

Old 09-26-2018, 02:23 PM   #31
norcalkid
Veteran

Motorcycles: DL650
Name:
Update, There is a second gate a couple miles after the slide I didn't get too before. I didn't get a pic, was easy to get around on my bike. I imagine it might be a challenge on a Goldwing or big bagger.

Went past the slide all the way to Quincy, came down on 70 today. Only saw 3 or 4 cars between the slide and Bucks lake!! Hope they never get the slide fixed.
IMG20180926104337 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Bucks lake (be careful on Bucks lake road, lotsa gravel and small rocks)
IMG20180926111831 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Coming down 70 I checked out this dudes ride. The VStrom might be the greatest bike ever but I must admit, he had the cooler ride.
IMG20180926124601 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

IMG20180926131710 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

IMG20180926134041 by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Last edited by norcalkid; 09-26-2018 at 02:32 PM..
norcalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #32
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Thanks for the update and making me jealous!!!!
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #33
norcalkid
Veteran

Name:
Here is a pic from yesterday of the second gate 6 or 7 miles past the slide you have to go around if riding to Bucks Lake or Quincy. (there are actually 2 slide areas but the second only took out one lane) Fine on my bike or a sportbike. Might be challenging on a big bike (Goldwing or something) but the detour is well packed gravel.

IMG20181008122941 by Norcalkid, on Flickr
Old 10-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #34
89fj
late braking

Contributor +

Motorcycles: yamaha FJ-09 S1000RR
Name: John
^^^
damn, makes me want to go back up there this weekend
89fj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:56 PM   #35
rrrdbw
Veteran

Motorcycles: 07 Gsxr 750, 2003 KTM 450 EXC- tarded, 2010 690 SMC, 2017 BMW R1200 GSA
Name: Sassy
Norcalkid- is that your bike on your avatar? I might have seen you on 162 or someone on similar bike. I ride the big red/white R1200 GSA with full panniers. I'm usually zooming around pissing off sportbikes. I got the SuperMoto back on the road, I usually trailer to Madrid Lake or something like that after the second bridge then ride back and forth to Quincy back roads and back again. I bring 5 gallon gas. It's my personal trackday. No worries about LEO after Oroville.

The week before I hit 70 to Quincy, knocked out some trout at Bucks lake then took 162 home. The roads are clean, a little dirty at closed section but nothing to worry about.

The week after, hit 162 again fished at Bucks then headed back to 162, Cherokee Road through Table Top Mountain enjoyed the miniature horses and headed back home.

I usually do quick rides on the weekend unless I want to fish at Bucks Lake.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:58 PM   #36
norcalkid
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrdbw View Post
Norcalkid- is that your bike on your avatar? I might have seen you on 162 or someone on similar bike. I ride the big red/white R1200 GSA with full panniers. I'm usually zooming around pissing off sportbikes. I got the SuperMoto back on the road, I usually trailer to Madrid Lake or something like that after the second bridge then ride back and forth to Quincy back roads and back again. I bring 5 gallon gas. It's my personal trackday. No worries about LEO after Oroville.

The week before I hit 70 to Quincy, knocked out some trout at Bucks lake then took 162 home. The roads are clean, a little dirty at closed section but nothing to worry about.

The week after, hit 162 again fished at Bucks then headed back to 162, Cherokee Road through Table Top Mountain enjoyed the miniature horses and headed back home.

I usually do quick rides on the weekend unless I want to fish at Bucks Lake.
I remember waving to a GS just before the washout? Was that you? I ride 162 a lot weather permitting. Did see a cop up there that same day. I won't be up there for a couple weeks though. I'm in Manila, Philippines right now. Dropped the bike off for a valve job and picking it up the day after I get home. Let me know if you want to meet for a ride up there or 36 one of these days.

I took Cherokee home that day too.

Last edited by norcalkid; 10-18-2018 at 09:02 PM..
Old 10-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #37
rrrdbw
Veteran

Motorcycles: 07 Gsxr 750, 2003 KTM 450 EXC- tarded, 2010 690 SMC, 2017 BMW R1200 GSA
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalkid View Post
I remember waving to a GS just before the washout? Was that you? I ride 162 a lot weather permitting. Did see a cop up there that same day. I won't be up there for a couple weeks though. I'm in Manila, Philippines right now. Dropped the bike off for a valve job and picking it up the day after I get home. Let me know if you want to meet for a ride up there or 36 one of these days.

I took Cherokee home that day too.

Yeah that was me. Yes on LEO. PM me when you return from my homeland , we can swap stories. I was back there 2 years ago. I haven't hit 36 yet, but have read up on it , on my do ride list.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #38
bluegixxer600
Rookie

Motorcycles: 01 GSXR 600,86VFR750
Name: brian
I attempted a run up there Sunday afternoon. It was mostly sunny in Oroville. By the time I got to the washout it was raining pretty hard.
bluegixxer600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:01 PM   #39
rrrdbw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegixxer600 View Post
I attempted a run up there Sunday afternoon. It was mostly sunny in Oroville. By the time I got to the washout it was raining pretty hard.
I was up there the previous weekend. On a Friday and then Saturday, it was sunny and clear. The best part is after the washout, towards Buck's Lake. I might be hitting it this weekend.

Didn't know there are quite a few rider's on BARF on my neck of the woods. Do you ride 162 alot? I ride the GSA now, but last year I went every weekend on orange Supermoto 450 EXC KTM. Maybe I have seen you. I usually trailer to Madron Lake and ride up and down to Bucks/Quincy.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:50 PM   #40
bluegixxer600
Rookie

Motorcycles: 01 GSXR 600,86VFR750
Name: brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrdbw View Post
I was up there the previous weekend. On a Friday and then Saturday, it was sunny and clear. The best part is after the washout, towards Buck's Lake. I might be hitting it this weekend.

Didn't know there are quite a few rider's on BARF on my neck of the woods. Do you ride 162 alot? I ride the GSA now, but last year I went every weekend on orange Supermoto 450 EXC KTM. Maybe I have seen you. I usually trailer to Madron Lake and ride up and down to Bucks/Quincy.
I used to ride it 3-4 times a year, but have been doing more mountain biking lately and not as much motorcycle riding. My body does not appreciate the longer rides on my GSXR these days. Being 6 feet tall and almost 50 years old isn't working very well on that bike. I like the idea of transporting my bike up there, may have to do that next time. It's about an hour ride from my house to the Lakeside Market taking the backroads. I'm looking at getting a more sport touring oriented bike soon. I'll keep an eye out for you next time I'm up there. I hope to get a run in before the winter weather arrives.
bluegixxer600 is offline   Reply With Quote