Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Sport Touring / Cruising

Old 07-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #31
Mario
Veteran

Motorcycles: KTM/Triumph/GSXR
Name: Mario
Thanks for the feedback, the Sierras are out...

Yesterday we did Hwy 9, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Hwy 1 to big sur, Laguna Seca, back to Alice's, Skyline, etc. It was a good ride, though did not expect to be stuck in traffic in Hwy 1 on a Thursday!
Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #32
haituyen133

Motorcycles: none
Name:
If she just wanted twisties then hw9 - big basin - hw1 - pescadero - 35 - alice then head around any direction from alice would be fun too
haituyen133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #33
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: 2017 Alta Shiftless, 06R6, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406, 05 TM530 Black Dream plated
Name: Butch
Are there pics?

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:20 PM   #34
Mario
Veteran

Sorry for the delay... as soon as I was done with the trip, I had to hop on a plane and go to the other side of the world for a business trip

Day 1: we ended up riding Hwy 9 through Big Basin Redwoods to Santa Cruz, ride along the coast, then Hwy 1 all the way to Bixby Bridge. Turn around, up Hwy 1 to mandatory stop at Laguna Seca, drooled at the corkscrew for a bit, then 101 back to San Jose. Back to Hwy 9 > Skyline > beer at Alice's and back home. LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of traffic! Hwy 1 sucked for this (minus pretty scenery)

Day 2: Hwy 9 to Skyline till the end, left to go to Hwy 1. Plan was to go north to SF through Hwy 1 but the fog didn't let us... it was wet and cold and we had textile gear, so we decided to go inland. Waited in line for about 15 minutes to go through Lombard street (the whole time we were telling each other how stupid that street is... worth it!), then drove through Chinatown, Financial district, to SF-Oakland bridge, north through Embarcadero all the way to Fort Point, picture session with the bridge. Lots of questions were asked about the bridge (e.g. why is it called Golden while it is red colored), went to wikipedia and learned a lot about the bridge. Did you know the Navy wanted it painted black with yellow stripes for visibility? Anyways, continue through GG bridge north, back to Hwy 1, loop back through Panoramic Hwy. This loop was fun! Not much traffic and fun twisties. Continue back on Hwy 580, cross the bridge and beer at Heart and Dagger. Boring slab back to San Jose.

Day 3: Mt Hamilton to Patterson (FUN FUN FUN!!), traded bikes at Patterson and returned to the Junction for a beer. Continued through Mines (more fun) and into Morgan Territory Rd... this was a nice road but not a road to haul ass. Great scenery! Continued till Walnut Creek and here I effed up. I planned to go through Alhambra Valley to Bear Creek to Wildcat Canyon to Grizzly Peak, but forgot to set the GPS correctly and slabbed 24 all the way to Grizzly peak... We got an OK pic at the overlook of the bay area at Grizzly Peak (should have taken the telephoto, not the wide angle), continued south through Grizzly peak to Pinehurst to Redwood Rd all the way to hayward (Grizzly was lots of twisty fun) then slab back to San Jose for beers at Rock Bottom.

Day 4: this day got cut short because of my trip, so we decided to do again Mt Hamilton to beer at Junction, then back home. She really liked riding Mt Hamilton!

She had a blast! Thanks all for the feedback. Some pics below. Good to see you again, Butch!

More pics in the fartbooks:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=6b0c48ff20
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=fd6515beb3
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=acaaa46318

Last edited by Mario; 08-05-2018 at 07:27 PM..
Old 08-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #35
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: 2017 Alta Shiftless, 06R6, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406, 05 TM530 Black Dream plated
Name: Butch
Sweet.
Ebbett’s Pass next time.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #36
Mario
Veteran

I was hoping I could get a ride around the Sierras but I keep reading the smoke up there is insane... I'll wait till fall/winter for that.

This trip made me miss all the weekend moto trips I've been doing in the past. I'll try to go to Garberville/Eureka/Lost Coast this coming weekend. Need to get on a BARF rally again!
Old 08-05-2018, 10:03 PM   #37
deathbug74
owns 99

Contributor +++++++

Motorcycles: ex500 (mine), ex250 (hers), gs500f (project)
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
I was hoping I could get a ride around the Sierras but I keep reading the smoke up there is insane... I'll wait till fall/winter for that.

This trip made me miss all the weekend moto trips I've been doing in the past. I'll try to go to Garberville/Eureka/Lost Coast this coming weekend. Need to get on a BARF rally again!
depending where you are, yes, pretty smoky. yosemite valley is currently closed, and even down to fresno the air reeks of smoke. it was okay this morning, but i guess the wind changed.