Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Sport Touring / Cruising

Old 10-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
Motorcycle Mayor

Motorcycles: Yamaha FJR-1300ES
Name: Mark
Someday I'll Get to Mount Hamilton...

Earlier this year I did my first multi-day road trip, through some beautiful but not well-traveled countryside near the Bay Area. I thought others might find the posts I wrote about it interesting.

https://pursuit.olbert.com/2018/04/0...-trip-1-day-0/
https://pursuit.olbert.com/2018/04/0...-trip-1-day-1/
https://pursuit.olbert.com/2018/04/02/road-trip1-day-2/
https://pursuit.olbert.com/2018/04/0...-trip-1-day-3/

Last edited by Motorcycle Mayor; 10-03-2018 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: add info
Motorcycle Mayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
Maddevill
KNGKAW

AMA #: 542337

Motorcycles: ZX14,GS750E, RM250
Name: Steve
I like your write ups. Next time, just do them on here. I love Hwy 25, especially in the spring when everything is green.
There are also some secondary roads down there that allow you to mostly avoid going through Hollister.

Mad
Old 10-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #3
rrrdbw
Veteran

Motorcycles: 07 Gsxr 750, 2003 KTM 450 EXC- tarded, 2010 690 SMC, 2017 BMW R1200 GSA
Name: Sassy
Curious why you chose your route? Yosemite and the National Forest are better suited for your bike, lots of twisties and historical sights up there. Would have only added about 100 miles or so to your trip. More accommodations for overnight stays.

I am thinking of doing a multi day ride to, not sure where yet on my GSA. I have panniers/top box and a overnight bags. Maybe to Idaho visit some friends or do the camping/fishing thing to get away from it all for a few days. Not sure if I am nomad material. I get bored on freeways, but i can ride all day in the twisties.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #4
Orindarider
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2018 r1200gsa KTM 450EXC
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrdbw View Post

I am thinking of doing a multi day ride to, not sure where yet on my GSA. I have panniers/top box and a overnight bags. Maybe to Idaho visit some friends or do the camping/fishing thing to get away from it all for a few days. Not sure if I am nomad material. I get bored on freeways, but i can ride all day in the twisties.
You should check out www.bmwnorcal.org. We have an overnight camping ride once a month to great locations around the state. Every year on Labor Day we have a 3 day gypsy tour on great roads. Almost no highway.
Orindarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
rrrdbw
Veteran

Motorcycles: 07 Gsxr 750, 2003 KTM 450 EXC- tarded, 2010 690 SMC, 2017 BMW R1200 GSA
Name: Sassy
I see that Ozzie's a sponsor. I was asked to go to the last camp out/ride/scavenger hunt, unfortunately it was during the holiday weekend and I went to Idaho to ride instead.

I don't see too many adventure riders over my way. I can do the dirt adventure thing, but I prefer the fast twistie riding on my GSA.

I should sign up at Ozzie's ride board.