Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 08-20-2017, 01:38 PM   #76
velazcod
'15 S1000RR

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW S1000RR 2016 Yamaha FZ-07 2015 Honda Grom
Name: Daniel
Sweet! More novices on Open classes

Congrats on the race license!
AFM #986

Sponsors: Sidi, Shoei, Racer Gloves USA, Hustle Hard Racing, Carbonin, SBS, Vortex, Catalyst Reaction, GoPro, Pedro Point Brewery, SJ BMW, 02creation
velazcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #77
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybocc2 View Post
I'm looking forward to getting out to THill for a ken hill 2 day school this month and seeing how i progress from there and i will probably sign up for the NRS after some additional feedback from PTT/KW coaches on my preparedness for racing (fact: im not prepared) and some (successful i hope) negotiation with the wife.
were you able to attend a 2 day ken hill school? what did you think about it?

how have negotiations with the wife been impacted, considering recent events?
Smash Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #78
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Motorcycles: 05 zx10r (street), 11 zx10r (track), 13 zx10r (race)
Name: Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Allen View Post
were you able to attend a 2 day ken hill school? what did you think about it?
I thought the 2 day school was great. Tons of 1:1 time, 45 minute on track sessions with alternating classroom sessions with Ken Hill.

My only complaint was that it was 112 degrees out and we couldn't get more than 3~4 laps in without tempting fate with extreme heat exhaustion. It was, however, really good at finding out where my weak points were as during the excessive heat i would do things like fade in and blow my apexes.

The next time i went to thill east i shaved off 9 seconds from my pre-school laptimes.

Quote:
how have negotiations with the wife been impacted, considering recent events?
Yeah, i manage to even secure a new ride for next year. The wrecked bike is now a spare parts bike.

And i'll be picking up an alpinestars gp suit with the A* air vest for next season since i planned on getting a hit-air this winter but they cut my suit off me before they loaded me up for my 'copter ride.

I will race next year again for sure. I just hope i don't lose too fitness and progress from this injury.
jaybocc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #79
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
I thought the 2 day school was great. Tons of 1:1 time, 45 minute on track sessions with alternating classroom sessions with Ken Hill.

My only complaint was that it was 112 degrees out and we couldn't get more than 3~4 laps in without tempting fate with extreme heat exhaustion. It was, however, really good at finding out where my weak points were as during the excessive heat i would do things like fade in and blow my apexes.

The next time i went to thill east i shaved off 9 seconds from my pre-school laptimes.
that sounds amazing, minus the heat of course

Quote:
Yeah, i manage to even secure a new ride for next year. The wrecked bike is now a spare parts bike.

And i'll be picking up an alpinestars gp suit with the A* air vest for next season since i planned on getting a hit-air this winter but they cut my suit off me before they loaded me up for my 'copter ride.

I will race next year again for sure. I just hope i don't lose too fitness and progress from this injury.
nicely done re: negotiations! and good idea about the airbag suit, that is def on my list

i am looking to do nrs, what is the best way to do it?

stay up with your PT and ken hill podcasts and you'll be charging out of the gate...or at least do better than 2k bog starts (that will be me next year )
Old 10-02-2017, 04:52 PM   #80
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Quote:
that sounds amazing, minus the heat of course

nicely done re: negotiations! and good idea about the airbag suit, that is def on my list

i am looking to do nrs, what is the best way to do it?

stay up with your PT and ken hill podcasts and you'll be charging out of the gate...or at least do better than 2k bog starts (that will be me next year )
Imo, pick your favorite trackday org and do their NRS. You can do it on a AFM NRS race weekend of course, but for my first race weekend there was a lot going on and not having to worry about passing NRS definitely took some of the pressure off.

Haha i didn't bog too bad on my actual race start at least, though i did give up all my position by being a bit too timid! Lol

youtu.be/ZYqZ8YWLMwQ
Old 10-02-2017, 05:08 PM   #81
easter bunny
Amateur Hour

Motorcycles: Pink Huffy, yo.
Name:
Quote:

I can commiserate. I just missed buying a hit air and had what I thought was an easy off at THill last round. Busted my collar bone and ended my weekend. X-rays showed I basically shattered it and had to go for surgery.

Look into a tech air or D air suit versus a vest. The suits will protect your collarbone better. Vest is more made for head and chest impact from what I see. I'm not sure they would have saved me but it sure as hell would have helped.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:39 PM   #82
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter bunny View Post
I can commiserate. I just missed buying a hit air and had what I thought was an easy off at THill last round. Busted my collar bone and ended my weekend. X-rays showed I basically shattered it and had to go for surgery.

Look into a tech air or D air suit versus a vest. The suits will protect your collarbone better. Vest is more made for head and chest impact from what I see. I'm not sure they would have saved me but it sure as hell would have helped.
Yeah mine didn't break cleanly either. I think i broke my collar bone because i reached out to the ground, and if i did then an airbag wouldn't have helped, but i don't really know and nobody got video of the crash so we will never know

Alpinestars claims no motogp racers have broken a collar bone since being equipped with their air bag suits. I read that somewhere but i can't find it again.

http://www.alpinestars.com/tech-air-suit
Old 10-02-2017, 06:24 PM   #83
easter bunny
Amateur Hour

Motorcycles: Pink Huffy, yo.
Name:
Get well soon brother. See you out there in the spring when we're both healed up.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #84
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
Imo, pick your favorite trackday org and do their NRS. You can do it on a AFM NRS race weekend of course, but for my first race weekend there was a lot going on and not having to worry about passing NRS definitely took some of the pressure off.

Haha i didn't bog too bad on my actual race start at least, though i did give up all my position by being a bit too timid! Lol

youtu.be/ZYqZ8YWLMwQ
hope all is well jay

Last edited by Smash Allen; 02-20-2018 at 02:09 PM..
Old 02-20-2018, 08:04 PM   #85
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Quote:
hope all is well jay
Thanks Smash, Doing better. Recovery is very slow, It is taking a long time to heal 13-14 bones without surgical intervention, clavicle is still healing, next set of Xrays in march. It has been 3 months at least since nov 1 and the accident with the car. I will be at Sonoma w/ PTT learning how to ride again and shaking off some fear.

You racing this year? Going to be at any trackdays soon?
Old 02-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #86
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
Thanks Smash, Doing better. Recovery is very slow, It is taking a long time to heal 13-14 bones without surgical intervention, clavicle is still healing, next set of Xrays in march. It has been 3 months at least since nov 1 and the accident with the car. I will be at Sonoma w/ PTT learning how to ride again and shaking off some fear.

You racing this year? Going to be at any trackdays soon?
I can only imagine what a pain all that is but you have to be amped up to ride Sonoma again! I wish it wasnít so expensive otherwise Iíd be there this weekend with you guys. Have a blast, thatís the point right?

Yea, Iím racing this year. I was at Buttonwillow yesterday for the first time and so I guess Iím ready for NRS at round 1 lol. After round 1 Iíll probably be back at Buttonwillow before round 2 and then Thunderhill before round 3, a west day or two, then Sonoma before round 6. I could do more track days if I skip Saturday practice... decisions decisions...
Old 02-20-2018, 08:34 PM   #87
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Quote:
I can only imagine what a pain all that is but you have to be amped up to ride Sonoma again! I wish it wasn’t so expensive otherwise I’d be there this weekend with you guys. Have a blast, that’s the point right?

Yea, I’m racing this year. I was at Buttonwillow yesterday for the first time and so I guess I’m ready for NRS at round 1 lol. After round 1 I’ll probably be back at Buttonwillow before round 2 and then Thunderhill before round 3, a west day or two, then Sonoma before round 6. I could do more track days if I skip Saturday practice... decisions decisions...
I will not be racing buttonwillow. I don't have a lot of experience there, my pace there is slow and my pace right now is VERY slow. And i can't crash.

If i crash i will be back in the hospital with very bad injury even with my airbag right now. So i will probably be waiting until the summer rounds at the very least. Not even sure if i'll race round 3 or 4.

My friend has a sonoma saturday pass for sale for $200 maybe less if you sweet talk him

Don't skip practice, lol it helped me a lot with line and consistency. Its a good chance to find/run race pace!
AFM #705 | youtube | instagram | facebook
Old 02-20-2018, 08:59 PM   #88
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

Contributor ++

Quote:
I will not be racing buttonwillow. I don't have a lot of experience there, my pace there is slow and my pace right now is VERY slow. And i can't crash.

If i crash i will be back in the hospital with very bad injury even with my airbag right now. So i will probably be waiting until the summer rounds at the very least. Not even sure if i'll race round 3 or 4.

My friend has a sonoma saturday pass for sale for $200 maybe less if you sweet talk him

Don't skip practice, lol it helped me a lot with line and consistency. Its a good chance to find/run race pace!
Iím the same way in that not crashing is pretty much my number one goal. I want to complete all seven rounds this year and I donít have a B bike, so everything I do is towards that goal.

Yea youíre right I should not skip practice... what I should do is get a second job...asking a control rider for lines didnít work yesterday lol
Old 07-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #89
partakrider14

Motorcycles: tricycle
Name: waltz
Quote:
My goal is to ultimately start racing. I was wondering how many of you found you were "ready" and started racing?

glad to hear your back to race again jay. i have some question, how was your nrs school from ptt before? coz i was thinking of taking it too this coming weekend the 29th but iím a bit scared but excited at the same time. i start riding in the A group this year and iím not the fastest or the slowest in group A. do you think iím ready?
partakrider14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:32 PM   #90
Honey Badger
...iz a girl

BARF Moderator: Racers Corner BARF Racer
1% Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: 2017 ZX10R (race); 2016 ZX10R (street); 1978 CB750-4
Name: AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by partakrider14 View Post
glad to hear your back to race again jay. i have some question, how was your nrs school from ptt before? coz i was thinking of taking it too this coming weekend the 29th but iím a bit scared but excited at the same time. i start riding in the A group this year and iím not the fastest or the slowest in group A. do you think iím ready?

Do eet!!

I have another friend who's new to A group this year and he'll be doing his nrs this next Sunday. Join in!

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2018 sponsors and supporters!!
RiderzLaw; Kawasaki USA Team Green; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; MCTech; DareDevil Motorsports; Fast Franks Racing; Catalyst Reaction; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs

BARF TOS
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote