Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 10-19-2016, 09:34 AM   #16
AFMBud
Veteran

Motorcycles: BMW S1000rr
Name: Bud
Thanks for your comments Eric. I'm sure you are several year away from 60 though. So far I've had 9 or 10 60 year old racers that have contacted me. I don't know if this enough to request a grid for next year but, I know there are a couple of classes that have less than 10 racers already. Hopefully the board will support this request.
Bud Anderson AFM #37
Thank you very much to the following people: *Dan Kyle Racing, *Pacific Track Time, *Helimot Racing Leathers in Fremont Ca., *Munroe Motors S.F. *Pit Stop Store, *EDR Performance, *CTRacing Pirelli, *Joe Hittner, Doug Wakefield, Keith Ketchum and my sweetie Roni Elliott !!!!!!!
AFMBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:53 AM   #17
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++ ++++++++++++++2%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Beelzebub
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMBud View Post
Thanks for your comments Eric. I'm sure you are several year away from 60 though. So far I've had 9 or 10 60 year old racers that have contacted me. I don't know if this enough to request a grid for next year but, I know there are a couple of classes that have less than 10 racers already. Hopefully the board will support this request.
I will come out and race again for F60. Not all the events, ain't going to Bwizzle to guarantee a grid spot in a 10 person class, .
Old 10-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #18
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
Quote:
Dave, I'm sure you would at least need a release from your cardiologist before AFM would consider you for racing again. It would be great to get you out there though.
Sure would eh? Despite all the injuries & issues I face; I've never lost the desire to ride. I still think of myself as an enthusiast even after a long absence from riding (~2yrs.) I've already (barely) started working meself back into shape & am hoping to ride again someday. It's going to be a long haul but getting back aboard is one of the things that keeps me going...

I'm more worried about getting the bike fixed...needs lots of stuff...
Old 10-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #19
Gawernator
Read only user

AMA #: 3223595

Motorcycles: 2015 ZX-6R 636; 2009 250R; 1999 KX125
Name: Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayDave View Post
Sure would eh? Despite all the injuries & issues I face; I've never lost the desire to ride. I still think of myself as an enthusiast even after a long absence from riding (~2yrs.) I've already (barely) started working meself back into shape & am hoping to ride again someday. It's going to be a long haul but getting back aboard is one of the things that keeps me going...

I'm more worried about getting the bike fixed...needs lots of stuff...
Where there's a will there is a way man!!!
Gawernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #20
rob linders
Veteran

Motorcycles: 97 Kawasaki KX250,
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afm199 View Post
I will come out and race again for F60. Not all the events, ain't going to Bwizzle to guarantee a grid spot in a 10 person class, .

Pretty Cool I hope they do the class for you guys.
rob linders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #21
Michael Moore
Rookie

Motorcycles: whatever I can get running - dirt/track/street
Name: Michael
What about F60 and slow as molasses?

Actually, I'd be more interested in not getting lapped and having someone to race with of any age. Always missing a lap because of those darn fast people (of any age) gets old (like me).

Is there anyone else holding a current license who started in AFM South like I did in 1978?
Michael Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #22
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
What about F60 and slow as molasses?

Actually, I'd be more interested in not getting lapped and having someone to race with of any age. Always missing a lap because of those darn fast people (of any age) gets old (like me).

Is there anyone else holding a current license who started in AFM South like I did in 1978?
Come on out. If there are only nine riders, you can score ninth. I took a fourth in a televised event once! (Four competitors as well)
Old 03-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #23
AFMBud
Veteran

3/9/17... Ok, as of last nights AFM board meeting, there will be a test F60 race at the season opener at Buttonwillow and at round 2 at Sears Point. This will be run as the F50 race on Saturday afternoon but, separate points will be scored for riders 60 and older. Also, you are eligible to race in F60 if you will be turning 60 anytime during 2017. If there are enough racers that show up to these events then the AFM board will decide whether to make it a permanent race for the rest of the year. If you plan on racing the F60 class, please post your name, bike brand and engine size here asap to confirm how many racers will be there. We need 10-12 racers to make a go of it. Come on geezers, spread the news. Lets see if we can make this happen !
Bud Anderson AFM #37
Thank you very much to the following people: *Dan Kyle Racing, *Pacific Track Time, *Helimot Racing Leathers in Fremont Ca., *Munroe Motors S.F. *Pit Stop Store, *EDR Performance, *CTRacing Pirelli, *Joe Hittner, Doug Wakefield, Keith Ketchum and my sweetie Roni Elliott !!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #24
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster

afm199. Ernest Mon#####. Suzuki GSXR750 I'll race F60 cuz there ain't no F70.

Not planning on Buttonwillow but Sears.

Thanks, Bud, for doing all the work.

Last edited by afm199; 03-09-2017 at 08:34 PM..
afm199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:28 PM   #25
AFMBud
Veteran

Cool Ernie. You and me make 2. Ha Ha. keep them coming guys and gals.
Bud Anderson AFM #37
Old 03-09-2017, 08:33 PM   #26
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster

Quote:
Cool Ernie. You and me make 2. Ha Ha. keep them coming guys and gals.
Bud: I am removing my last name and will PM it to you. Already have had a problem with one BARFER using my last name for illegal purposes.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:56 PM   #27
rugbydawg13
MoreTitaniumThanMyBikes

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 2010 848, 2015 R3, 2007 CRF250, 2003 SV650
Name:
Looking forward to seeing this
AFM #771
"I wear a normal guy costume all the time. I take it off when I get to the track with the rest of you nuts."
rugbydawg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:52 PM   #28
wfo439
Ex AFM 439

Motorcycles: S1000RR, HP4 Track bike and a KTM 500 EXC Sumo
Name:
Really? Really? Why are you guys doing this to me? I went 28 years without a bike because I knew I was an adrenaline junkie that could not be cured.

I get my first bike since an '85 RG-500 Gamma in 2014. It's an HP4. I waited a full year before succumbing to the urge to mod. And then it started... race ecu, full pipe etc. etc. The bike was like a caged lion on the street. A few track days wouldn't hurt. I had to know what it was capable of. Right? 4 track days later, I read this thread. WTF? You had me looking for NRS dates, thinking about what bike prep would be needed. You are killing me! Back in the day, you had to race. It was the only way to get track time and explore your limits and the bike's. No promises but the black hole seems to be pulling me in.
wfo439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:47 PM   #29
SonoraMike
2StrokeAddict

Motorcycles: R1 AFM 187, GS1100G, RZ350, YZ250, CR500, CB550, GSXR750, GT750, 125 shifter kart, Tank Scooter, wi
Name: Mike
I'll be one of the youngsters next year
Old 03-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #30
KazMan
2012 Fifty is Nifty Tour!

Barf Racer / BARF Moderator
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: anything I can throw my leg over
Name: Eric
to my hero's blazing trails in front of me!!
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote