Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 01-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #31
Med23
Goin' Gorilla

Motorcycles: 2015 R1
Name: Mike
Like Ernie said, I get some but apparently not all emails. I didn't get the election email this time around.

Why not just send out a mass Survey Monkey to make this much easier and clear of SPAM filters?
AFM #85 - Racer on Vacay
Med23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #32
thedub
Make good choices.

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800
Name: Wiles
Receiving a reminder via email is not a requirement to vote. We have elections every single December and June. If you care to vote (which obviously most people don't anyway), just log in to MSR about mid-month and cast your vote. You're all adults, you shouldn't need an email to remind you of something that happens the same time, every year, twice per year. Mark it on your calendar if you are concerned about forgetting because your life is so busy.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Dunlop|Sidi|Motion Pro|K@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:25 AM   #33
Corey
GPz550 Addict

Contributor

Motorcycles: '03 SV650 (Race Bike) '85 GPz550
Name: Corey
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
I'm not surprised no one has asked that, because it's a dumb question.
Don't know what you meant by this, but the first post says it all
"Only 52 members voted, out of a total of 668." How many of those actually received the e-mail about the election, and how many did but didn't care to vote? Now we find out not everyone is getting the e-mails, so that is a problem. Don't sweep this under the carpet, because there was only 1 choice for each position.

Quote:
Receiving a reminder via email is not a requirement to vote. We have elections every single December and June. If you care to vote (which obviously most people don't anyway), just log in to MSR about mid-month and cast your vote. You're all adults, you shouldn't need an email to remind you of something that happens the same time, every year, twice per year. Mark it on your calendar if you are concerned about forgetting because your life is so busy.

Wow! Really? Wouldn't you want people to vote rather than just assume they know about it? Why vote at all then, just let the board choose. If you want people to know about something that is coming up, send out that information.

So, there is a problem here with not everyone getting the e-mails. What's going to be done about it?
AFM #44
Motion Pro, TWF Racing, CT Racing Pirelli, Fastline Cycles, Racer Gloves USA, Race Image Graphics, Galfer, CRS Tuning, TWELV51 Racing, Driven, Zero Gravity, Oxymoron, Dynojet, K&N, SPEEDMOB.
Mater: You know, I once knew this girl Doreen. Good-looking girl. Looked just like a Jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her just so I could speak to her.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #34
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor +

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250F
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
So, there is a problem here with not everyone getting the e-mails. What's going to be done about it?
I assume that the email issue stems from the mal-registered domain name of the email address belonging to the clerk who sends out the emails on behalf of AFM.

I also assume this issue has been relayed to the clerk who, if unsure of how to fix the issue, has been in contact with MSR support on how to resolve this likely common setup issue.

Lastly, I assume the lack of communication in the past two weeks is likely related to 2017 year end.

We all know what happens when you make assumptions, so yes I am a huge ass
Smash Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #35
Moose
Veteran

Motorcycles: RZ350, XS650, TZ125
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Med23 View Post
Like Ernie said, I get some but apparently not all emails. I didn't get the election email this time around.

Why not just send out a mass Survey Monkey to make this much easier and clear of SPAM filters?
The MSR system should be able to do this properly, but as I noted earlier when the emails are sent the subject line needs to be clearly defined as from AFM, Reply To email address needs to be set for an AFM domain specific email address and invalid email addresses need to be culled from the database before sending e-blasts as number of invalid recipients is a very important factor in whether email is classed as spam or not. All of these items are not being dealt with properly at the moment. IMHO fixing what is presently being used would be best way to go rather than adding a 3rd party system into the mix.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #36
Corey
GPz550 Addict

Contributor

Motorcycles: '03 SV650 (Race Bike) '85 GPz550
Name: Corey
Thank you for looking into this.
AFM #44
Motion Pro, TWF Racing, CT Racing Pirelli, Fastline Cycles, Racer Gloves USA, Race Image Graphics, Galfer, CRS Tuning, TWELV51 Racing, Driven, Zero Gravity, Oxymoron, Dynojet, K&N, SPEEDMOB.
Mater: You know, I once knew this girl Doreen. Good-looking girl. Looked just like a Jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her just so I could speak to her.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #37
Moose
Veteran

Motorcycles: RZ350, XS650, TZ125
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Thank you for looking into this.
BTW, I did indeed let the person handling most of the e-blasts (AFM Secretary) know that they need to always use an AFM domain specific reply to address and include the word AFM in all email subject lines.

As for fixing the address list at MSR to cull invalid addresses, that is something MSR may need to deal with for the AFM. Most good bulk mailer systems do this automatically (MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc...) but I am not sure the MSR interface culls dead addresses automatically. If a member does not update their account info at AFM MSR when their email address changes, then nothing can easily be done, and even if a bulk mailer detects an invalid address, it can only remove it from the mailer specific database, updating the AFM on address changes is something the member has to do. Members should also make sure the MSR domain is added to their email address book, or whitelisted in their junk mail settings to prevent spam classification at the receiving end.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:22 AM   #38
fortyonethirty
Rookie

Motorcycles: 05 zx-10r
Name: Ian Tanner
I vaguely remember getting the email about the election. But, since I don't really know anyone that well all my votes would just be guesses. So I chose not to vote. I imagine there were others that felt the same.

I get a lot of emails from motorsportsreg. Most of them do not apply to me, so filtering out the important ones can be tricky. I would suggest putting "AFM Racing" as the first two words of every subject line.
#718 AFM Sandbagger
fortyonethirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #39
velazcod
'15 S1000RR

Motorcycles: 2015 BMW S1000RR 2015 Honda Grom
Name: Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post
No, not everyone knows this as a fact of life or has been racing with AFM for many years, some of us haven’t.

If we want to get more members in the club we need to be friendly about being part of it. If it’s reminders, cool, if it’s setting scheduled dates for voting as well as giving clear instructions on the Rulebook, bylaws or somewhere else that the members have to read, that works too, but we can’t assume that everyone SHOULD know and guess when it’s going to happen. Especially when we are using different systems every year (isn’t the use of MSR fairly new?)
AFM #986

Sponsors: Sidi, Shoei, Racer Gloves USA, Hustle Hard Racing, Carbonin, SBS, Vortex, Catalyst Reaction, GoPro, Pedro Point Brewery, SJ BMW, 02creation

Last edited by velazcod; 01-14-2018 at 04:43 PM..
velazcod is offline   Reply With Quote