Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 03-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
ann987

Motorcycles: Ninja 300, Daytona 675r
Name:
Registering Used Transponder

Hey all. I just got myself a used transponder, and I'm running into a problem when trying to register it online. When I log into my MYLAPS account and try to search up my transponder I keep getting the message that says: The transponder such and such is already registered to another account. It cannot be registered to this account.
Is there any way to get around that since the previous transponder owner does not know his account information? How would I go about trying to register this transponder under my own account?

Anyone have any experience or insight on registering a transponder they bought used would be great help.
ann987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Honey Badger
...iz a girl

BARF Moderator: Racers Corner BARF Racer
1% Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: 2017 ZX10R (race); 2016 ZX10R (street)
Name: AJ
I'd just try getting a hold of MyLaps. I take it it's a newer one that you need to register with them in order for it to work?

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2018 sponsors and supporters!!
RiderzLaw; Kawasaki USA Team Green; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; MCTech; DareDevil Motorsports; Fast Franks Racing; Catalyst Reaction; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs

BARF TOS
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
stangmx13
not Stan

Contributor
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 04' 600RR, 09' 600RR, 15' R6
Name: Robert
MyLaps used to charge a $40 transfer fee to switch accounts on the non-subscription transponders.

the only thing u are missing by not registering a non-sub transponder is the "My Results" page on speedhive.mylaps.com that shows all the races u participated in. its an ez way to find past results, but thats about it. u can still find all your results manually since the race org will have put your name on them.
WERA #513 / AFM #513R / MotoAmerica #513
Follow me on IG @rwpierce13
Thanks to: RiderzLaw Vortex OptimalRacing

Last edited by stangmx13; 03-12-2018 at 03:46 PM..
stangmx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
mulcibre
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2007 CBR 600 RR
Name: Sam
to clarify, if I purchase one of these newer subscription transponders, will it work with AFM timing even if I don't have a subscription?

I asked the AFM folks and they said you just have to give them the transponder ID, but I'm not sure if that's true for the newer ones too.
mulcibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250F
Name: Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulcibre View Post
to clarify, if I purchase one of these newer subscription transponders, will it work with AFM timing even if I don't have a subscription?

I asked the AFM folks and they said you just have to give them the transponder ID, but I'm not sure if that's true for the newer ones too.
from my understanding the subscription has to be current for the transponder to be able to push out a signal, which is synced using the usb charging dongle and the mylaps x connect program
Smash Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 04:27 PM   #6
jtiisto
Rookie

Motorcycles: Street: Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Touring 2014 Race: Triumph Daytona 675R 2014
Name: Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Allen View Post
from my understanding the subscription has to be current for the transponder to be able to push out a signal, which is synced using the usb charging dongle and the mylaps x connect program
This is correct info.
jtiisto is offline   Reply With Quote