Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Net-Moto   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 01-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #31
NCSM
Air Cooled

BARF Sponsor

Motorcycles: 996 Superhawk, CBR600RR, CRF450SM, VF750, XR120, XR650L CRF230's
Name: B rok
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeek View Post
Here's how I see it. If you sign up for a Sunday race, you get a practice session. Why is the same not true for a Saturday race?
seems simple and fair to me
NCSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:01 PM   #32
2wls4ever
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2007 Yamaha R6 2015 honda nsf250r
Name: FITZ
Does anyone know if this has been resolved? If I have to sign up for practice in order to race the one class that is designed for my bike on Saturday, they may lose one more AFM participant.

The rule isn't logical and contradicts Sundays rules and entry fees.

It's too bad nobody at the AFM will respond and or have a conversation about it.
2wls4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #33
Honey Badger
...iz a girl

BARF Moderator: Racers Corner BARF Racer
1% Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: 2017 ZX10R (race); 2016 ZX10R (street)
Name: AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wls4ever View Post
Does anyone know if this has been resolved? If I have to sign up for practice in order to race the one class that is designed for my bike on Saturday, they may lose one more AFM participant.

It's too bad nobody at the AFM will respond and or have a conversation about it.
I'm pretty sure post #16 addresses the issues. If you have solutions, talk to the board, not BARF.

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2018 sponsors and supporters!!
RiderzLaw; Kawasaki USA Team Green; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; MCTech; DareDevil Motorsports; Fast Franks Racing; Catalyst Reaction; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs

BARF TOS
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #34
thedub
Make good choices.

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800
Name: Wiles
Quote:
Does anyone know if this has been resolved?
What have you done to resolve it?

Surely you must have been at the January meeting to present your idea. How did it go?

EDIT: Speak of the devil, I just now got the January meeting minutes. Funny, I didn't see your name under 'members in attendance' nor did I see any discussion of your issue. So I assume you expect to just bitch about whatever is bothering you on BARF and then expect someone else to do something about it on your behalf? See how well that works out.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Dunlop|Sidi|Motion Pro|K@TT|Vortex|Shoei

Last edited by thedub; 01-17-2018 at 04:11 PM..
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #35
frozenuts
Loin Frother

AMA #: 2860804
Barf Racing Photo Guru
Contributor + Barf Brick

Motorcycles: A revolving stable of press machines.
Name: Other Max
Quote:

I have been responding. I have explained why, I have explained how it can be addressed by the members.

Since that information seems to not have been read before I will once again type it out.

It is an insurance issue, and unless the insurance policies have changed you will need to pay for Saturday practice in order to go out and run Saturday practice.

Unfortunately we did have someone who was unable to maintain the control of his machine and crash at Sears Point while they were not supposed to be on track. This is not something that impresses anyone, especially our insurance provider.

Again, this is something that you could have brought to the board meeting.
Again, this is something that can probably not be changed for the season as we already have negotiated with our insurance provider for this season's rate.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:15 PM   #36
Corey
GPz550 Addict

Contributor

Motorcycles: '03 SV650 (Race Bike) '85 GPz550
Name: Corey
So we can enter Sunday Races only, right?
AFM #44
Motion Pro, TWF Racing, CT Racing Pirelli, Fastline Cycles, Racer Gloves USA, Race Image Graphics, Galfer, CRS Tuning, TWELV51 Racing, Driven, Zero Gravity, Oxymoron, Dynojet, K&N, SPEEDMOB.
Mater: You know, I once knew this girl Doreen. Good-looking girl. Looked just like a Jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her just so I could speak to her.
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:34 PM   #37
frozenuts
Loin Frother

Barf Racing Photo Guru
Contributor + Barf Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
So we can enter Sunday Races only, right?
You can enter any race your bike is eligible for with the exception of those races that you need to be old enough to participate in.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #38
rjbrittain11
923 Track Junkie

Motorcycles: 2010 KTM 690 SMC - Street, 09 R6 - Track
Name: Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post

Surely you must have been at the January meeting to present your idea. How did it go?

EDIT: Speak of the devil, I just now got the January meeting minutes. Funny, I didn't see your name under 'members in attendance' nor did I see any discussion of your issue. So I assume you expect to just bitch about whatever is bothering you on BARF and then expect someone else to do something about it on your behalf? See how well that works out.
So passive aggressive
rjbrittain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:43 AM   #39
Corey
GPz550 Addict

Contributor

Motorcycles: '03 SV650 (Race Bike) '85 GPz550
Name: Corey
If you don't pay for Saturday Practice, you just grid up for your Saturday Races you have entered. Your race out-lap is your warm-up.

Just asking, but are there any changes to the practice sessions on Sunday Morning, before the Sunday Races start?
AFM #44
Motion Pro, TWF Racing, CT Racing Pirelli, Fastline Cycles, Racer Gloves USA, Race Image Graphics, Galfer, CRS Tuning, TWELV51 Racing, Driven, Zero Gravity, Oxymoron, Dynojet, K&N, SPEEDMOB.
Mater: You know, I once knew this girl Doreen. Good-looking girl. Looked just like a Jaguar, only she was a truck! You know, I used to crash into her just so I could speak to her.

Last edited by Corey; 01-18-2018 at 07:45 AM..
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #40
frozenuts
Loin Frother

Barf Racing Photo Guru
Contributor + Barf Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
If you don't pay for Saturday Practice, you just grid up for your Saturday Races you have entered. Your race out-lap is your warm-up.

Just asking, but are there any changes to the practice sessions on Sunday Morning, before the Sunday Races start?
You can also go out for the warm up lap of any other race on the day(s) that you are racing.

To my knowledge there is nothing changed for Sundays race practice.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:55 AM   #41
2wls4ever
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2007 Yamaha R6 2015 honda nsf250r
Name: FITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedub View Post

Ok, whatever dude. You are so right.
2wls4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:04 AM   #42
SonoraMike
2StrokeAddict

Motorcycles: R1 AFM 187, GS1100G, RZ350, YZ250, CR500, CB550, GSXR750, GT750, 125 shifter kart, Tank Scooter, wi
Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenuts View Post
You can also go out for the warm up lap of any other race on the day(s) that you are racing.
for those lurking/following along who didn't know that you can do this - if you are going to take a hot lap on a warm up lap this isn't your race just to get the jitters out or confirm a last minute change it's considered "best practices" to be on the grid ready to go when everybody is released.

Then go out as close to the last person as possible.

Reason: so that when others who are actually in that race are apexing the final turn at race pace you won't be holding them up as you signal your intent to come up, so that you won't be a roadblock, so that you won't interfere with the riders who have paid for this race.

/That is all
Old 01-18-2018, 11:46 AM   #43
easter bunny
Amateur Hour

Motorcycles: Pink Huffy, yo.
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoraMike View Post
for those lurking/following along who didn't know that you can do this ...
Thanks I didn't know that. Most helpful. I usually skip morning practice on Sunday since my races are usually after lunch. I don't gear up and go out just to feel like I've gone cold again by the break. Good to know I can sneak out at the back a race or two before I'm up.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #44
frozenuts
Loin Frother

Barf Racing Photo Guru
Contributor + Barf Brick

It would be the pre-race out lap, not first lap of the race so most people are not at full race pace around the final corner but good suggestion none the less.

Participating in a race that you are not entered in will empty your wallet into Barb's margarita fund pretty quickly.

Out lap? OK!

More than out lap? NOT OK!

Last edited by frozenuts; 01-18-2018 at 04:51 PM..
frozenuts is offline   Reply With Quote