Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: Thefts :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors   BARF Store   Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > BARF Love of Community > Riders On The Mend

Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
two wheel tramp
STFU and ride

AMA #2771957
Rally Junkie who needs another fix
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + + + + + 2% + GOP
Roadside Angel Alumni

Motorcycles: Trinity 6fiddy race bike & Steffi
Name: Triple R
You should feel bad for NOT taking it.

I'm kidding... but if anyone knows this stubborn guy's name and address please PM. :P
IBA #66001

R3 alone
two wheel tramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #32
carries an axe
meat bone meat meat meat

BARF Moderator
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +++++
The Roast in the Shell

Motorcycles: bone meat meat bone
Name: meat
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayDave View Post
Thank you for the kind offer; I'd just feel bad accepting money from anyone as I just....well...you know...

UPDATE: New issues, "Trigger Finger" has now spread to 3 fingers on both hands. Doc says I now have "Rheumatoid Arthritis" in finger knuckles as well. Oh brother. Getting these things fixed is financially out the window, as limited income I just can't do it.

Because of this I haven't been checking in on the biking boards as much as I have been online in the last 30 years last few weeks. It's getting hard to type now; so I'm cutting back a bit & my hope for riding is almost gone. Now getting pushed from da wife to sell bike to pay collectors.

I'm extremely grateful for all the kind offers folks, I just don't know where this is going now. I may have to give it all up after 50+ years of riding. The sad part is even though I'm still extremely fanatical/enthusiastic about riding/racing, physically it's becoming an impossibility.

I REALLY appreciate the multi-offers for help, I'm just very embarrassed by all of this crap. I haven't had a "wrench-day" here because frankly I'm too embarrassed by our messy house & garage. W/both the wife & I disabled, & a couple rotten teen-agers who ain't helping much, our place is a total mess/filthy...

I'll still be around the site; but as I say, it's getting painful to type now, so I sadly will be cutting back...:

Dave
EBD, I am so very sorry to read this. Losing a passion, especially one held for so long is truly tragic and leaves one without a piece of oneself.
If I could ask something of you though, it would be that you keep an open mind to what is possible. This may not be my place to say as we do not know each other, and I apologize if this is insensitive, but why not just take the plunge and except the good will of those who offer it? So your place is a mess? Ok, I would bet your not the only one. How many cluttered hoarder, parts-bike, project collecting tinkerers do you think we have on this forum? I would bet ALOT! and we havnt even considered the amount of cat ladies .

What would you give to ride again? Pride is the only thing you stand to lose and pride is the most harmful thing to your chances of riding again. Believe me I get it. Charity hurts, but in the end it can only help.
All the best,
-Adam
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms - Thomas Jefferson
carries an axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
packnrat
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2004 FZ1 1993 klr 650 1978 xl 350
Name:
Smile

get a squeeze ball. kinda like a tennis ball but smaller and not round it has a jell of some sort in it and the outer skin looks like a colored balloon.
it is for improving the mussels in the hand, can not hurt.....
....except for the pain.

get into pt if you can. and burch to the Dr about this, get a mri if you can.

30+ years back my left leg was in a cast for 14 months (let out to get fitted for a leg brace) then a year in that. but now the foot (ankle) can not rotate up correctly..can be hard to shift at times with out lifting the leg to do the ankles job.

sad but broken parts do not always mend up right.

packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 AM   #34
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
Ok, I'm not too concerned about people getting my addy & stealing/whatever as we got nothing worth stealing really. All our stuff is old/out of date. Even the bike is 10 years old.

So, here you go/it's exactly as you see it:

Dave Wright
17451 Via Carmen
San Lorenzo, CA

If anyone wants the phone number or e-mail addy PM please.

Thanks!

-ebd
Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #35
two wheel tramp
STFU and ride

AMA #2771957
Barfie Winner 2017
Roadside Angel Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayDave View Post
Ok, I'm not too concerned about people getting my addy & stealing/whatever as we got nothing worth stealing really. All our stuff is old/out of date. Even the bike is 10 years old.

So, here you go/it's exactly as you see it:

Dave Wright
17451 Via Carmen
San Lorenzo, CA

If anyone wants the phone number or e-mail addy PM please.

Thanks!

-ebd
: thumbup

Thanks EBD.
IBA #66001

R3 alone
Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #36
O.T.
Veteran

Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: Yes Please
Name:
Let me know when you want to get that bike fixed. I got lot's of free time and have tools and will travel. No charge on the labor and I can make these big carb bikes run good.
O.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #37
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.T. View Post
Let me know when you want to get that bike fixed. I got lot's of free time and have tools and will travel. No charge on the labor and I can make these big carb bikes run good.
Soon man...

I got the itch last weekend & decided to at least run the bike as the gas is from last July (I start it monthly & do a complete warm-up.) I was scared of water & crap in the gas & should have known better as I been thru this half-a-dozen times. I poured a bit more Stabil in it, & hit the choke & cranked her over.

Uh-oh, running on 2. 1st time this bike has done that. Well maybe it will clear once warm. I let it run a bit against my better judgment. Never clears out & I don't like "dry-firing" cylinders for any length of time. So I give up figuring I have just trashed the carbs w/bad gas due to pure lazyness not to drain the tank & replace w/good gas. Now must do a remove/clean job on them which is a nightmare on stock carbs w/the airbox. @%$!%&(*

Now I'm really fu_ked. Grrr. Give up, put it back on the Batt. Tender & go inside overnight. Come out the next day & the gas fumes seem bad enough to explode. Can't even breath in garage. Shit......stuck float & petcock BOTH?!!?? i bang on carbs & petcock a little w/rubber mallet & notice the gas leak is now only a drip. But I lost almost 1/4 tank overnight. the carpet under bike is drenched w/gas. Remove outside to dry; hopefully it won't leak much more. Gas fumes somewhat reduced....(sigh)....

Now I have gained new problems not to mind the old ones. I'm so bummed on this it's unbelievable. i thought all i needed was a tire, brake bleed, & scheduled maintenance. Now it's 100 times worse...

Last edited by EastBayDave; 05-02-2012 at 09:14 AM..
EastBayDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #38
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcootz View Post
I'm old school and can mail a check. Not instant gratification like PayPal but I could get you a couple of bucks that way.
Thank you so much for your kind donation!

Now I'm that much closer to a new front tire!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #39
two wheel tramp
STFU and ride

AMA #2771957
Barfie Winner 2017
Roadside Angel Alumni

I wish it could have been a little more.

Sometime again soon!
IBA #66001

R3 alone
Old 05-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #40
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: A few here and there
Name: Budman
Dave,

Will drop a check in the mail to help out a fellow X racer passionate moto man.

Sorry to hear life is throwing stones at you. Not as easy to dodge as when we were young. Keep the head up man.. really. Don't by in to the sadness.. rekindle the memories of the good times.. and find a way to

It will help.
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Group Rides-The info you need to know
Godspeed Mom
Godspeed Pit Ho
Godspeed Nicky #69
AMA #: 203453
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #41
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Dave,

Will drop a check in the mail to help out a fellow X racer passionate moto man.

Sorry to hear life is throwing stones at you. Not as easy to dodge as when we were young. Keep the head up man.. really. Don't by in to the sadness.. rekindle the memories of the good times.. and find a way to

It will help.
Thanks Dennis. I'm hanging in there; the hand/fingers are my biggest issues right now as it even impedes typing...thus haven't been saying too much lately. Going to ortho doc tues....

-ebd
Old 05-14-2012, 08:08 PM   #42
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
Toilet Paper Warrior
Contributor++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++2%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Hey Dave
Name your tire. Might be something we run at the shop, if so I can pick it up at cost, or see if I can get one at a greatly reduced price.

District 36

CORVA

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #43
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Hornet View Post
Hey Dave
Name your tire. Might be something we run at the shop, if so I can pick it up at cost, or see if I can get one at a greatly reduced price.
Cool! I've been primarily a Dunflop guy since the 70's; I've also run Pirelli's & Michelin's occasionally. Recently I was given a BS BT016 for a rear tire for a Xmas present. I like to match brands on both ends, so would like something in the same brand/ballpark handling quality for the front. This is my 1st experience w/Bridgestones ever.

My only concern about tyres is that they are good in the twisties; as that's the only riding I do these days = relaxed riding up in the hills. I ride the street to get to the curves. I can adjust riding style a bit for other areas. I wanted a Q2 but now that i have the band new Bridgestone mounted to the rear, I'd like to get a matching "front."

-dave
Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #44
ThumperX
Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
Toilet Paper Warrior
Contributor++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++2%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
I will see about a front. I run the BT 023 and like em

District 36

CORVA

Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #45
Saul Goode
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 05 600RR
Name: luke
Hey Dave, if you change your mind about the Bstone, I'm going to have a 120 / 70 Q2 with some track and little commute on it, available after next weekend.

I'm just up in road in Oakland if you need a hand with wrenching, or any puter/IT needs

Last edited by Saul Goode; 05-18-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Saul Goode is offline   Reply With Quote