Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner

Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #46
duh_ave
Veteran

Motorcycles: xr250l, cr250r, Ex AFM 933, 532, 49
Name:
well, that last link/ section states it is code/law as of this year, so enclosed trailer or not, ya gotta do it (or something in parallel).

Ya, those brake pads get pretty expensive. That's part of what I meant about racing vs. just doing track days. Why waste a perfectly good brake pad if you aren't trying to win a trophy.

"It's frustrating if you're a microbe that's been wandering the Universe for a million years to then die striking the surface of Europa," --Dr Gladman
duh_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:51 AM   #47
Mr.Pink
Float

Contributor

Motorcycles: yep
Name:
I spent over 2 hours at the Oakland DMV before they could come up with a print out of Form 712. They did not have the actual permits on site. The lady took my completed 712, phone number, and said she would call me when they got the permits in. Been over two weeks, I'm not holding my breath.
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:13 PM   #48
DucatiHoney
Ride only user

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
I went to Walnut Creek (always do) for registration of the FZR. I came with the relevant vehicle code stuff printed out for them. I even corrected them on the amount that I owed--they only asked for $3 and I told them that the amount was actually $15 or $16...forget now. Anyway, I basically walked them through the process. I've done that with a couple of things with them. Go in like you know what you're doing and be friendly.

Meanwhile...I went into Oakland DMV once after I'd been mugged and had my purse stolen. Naturally, every piece of i.d. I had was in my bag. I slowly explained this to the woman at the counter and the first thing that comes out of her mouth is, "Well, OK, I'm gonna need to see some i.d." Last time I ever went there. I walked out and went to W.C. where they told me how sorry they were about me getting assaulted and after being in there for about 20 minutes, I left and about 10 days later I had a new driver's license. The 'burbs are good for something after all.

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #49
myap
is back in black.

Contributor

Motorcycles: Kwak
Name: Mike
Claremont DMV (Oak) has the paperwork and the stickers.

Set up an appointment and you can be in and out under an hour.

"Hating is just an easy way to divert attention away from your own shortcomings." --Rob Gonzales

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Ignore list is bliss.
myap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #50
Mr.Pink
Float

Contributor

Motorcycles: yep
Name:
Well I am a celebrity down there are claremont now, since my originial 2 hr episode did indeed get the stickers in stock. (you're all welcome) They charged me around $15. The sticker looks like something from an old monopoly set, and they said I have to put it physically on the bike somewhere.

Ta Da
Mr.Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #51
krongsak
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: XT 500, Dax
Name: J.bond
I have tried that yesterday at the San Mateo DMV and although it took them some time to figure it out, I eventually got my Transportation Permit Sticker. A nice DMV collectible is nothing else.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #52
smoothkneedragr
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2005 RC51 RVT1000
Name: Jason Cox
All I know is I hate the track...once I learned how to ride on the track street riding was boring...and its the result of 8 speeding tickets
smoothkneedragr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #53
jorbar1551
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2017 CRF1000L Africa Twin
Name: Jordan
I just did this last week. I went to the hegenberger DMV and it took them 30 min to get me the form. Once I took the completed form to the Claremont DMV it took them an hour to figure out what they were supposed to do with it and finally gave me the sticker. It's still the same old sticker but it costed me 17 dollars this time

Can someone go to the DMV and copy the form into a PDF file?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:41 AM   #54
Lovedoc
That's COLD, Brrrr

Contributor + BB

Motorcycles: 5
Name: Biff
712 and other DMV forms are available for download at DMV.CA.Org.
http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg712.pdf

If you google, watch out for commercial lookalike sites that are banner ad festivals.
Lovedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #55
escay
Rookie

Motorcycles: yamaha R6
Name:
What if you're bringing in a bike from another country? like Japan? I have the title but would that even matter? I'm not riding this bike on the road at all...it will be straight up track bike...
escay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #56
duh_ave
Veteran

Name:
you can get a title only, or a "race title".
They will make you get VIN verifications, which are easy to have done, and you'll need either the Japanese title documents and or the shipping documents to show legit possession / ownership.
if you don't have any of this paper work, they will make you get a "tile bond" for the amount you state the bike is worth. the cost of the bond parallels this value as well.
not hard to do at all.

Ya, those brake pads get pretty expensive. That's part of what I meant about racing vs. just doing track days. Why waste a perfectly good brake pad if you aren't trying to win a trophy.

"It's frustrating if you're a microbe that's been wandering the Universe for a million years to then die striking the surface of Europa," --Dr Gladman
Old 02-20-2009, 02:00 AM   #57
escay
Rookie

Motorcycles: yamaha R6
Name:
u got a PM...thx
escay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #58
jorbar1551
Veteran

HELP!!!!!

I filled out the 712 form, payed my 17 dollars and got a sticker a couple months ago, but now the DMV still wants my registration...what should I do? I've gone to the DMV, and they all still say, you need to non op or pay registration, but i respectfully tell them that having this permit allows me to waive the forms.

What should i do?
Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #59
duh_ave
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorbar1551 View Post
HELP!!!!!

I filled out the 712 form, payed my 17 dollars and got a sticker a couple months ago, but now the DMV still wants my registration...what should I do? I've gone to the DMV, and they all still say, you need to non op or pay registration, but i respectfully tell them that having this permit allows me to waive the forms.

What should i do?

the transpo permit doesn't waive anything. I have no idea where you got that impression.
If the bike was registered for the street, you either have to surrender the reg, non op it, or pay it.
If you pay it, you dont need the transpo permit
if you surrender the plate, you then probably have to go "title only" or "race title" which probably means it can never go back on the street.
Non-oping is your best bet. This will let you put it back on the street later, but the permit still allows the transport while it is non oped for the street.

Last edited by duh_ave; 04-29-2009 at 06:42 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #60
jorbar1551
Veteran