• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

2000 RC51, upgrades, salvaged

augustiron

A firm member
Joined
Mar 5, 2003
Location
Truckee
Moto(s)
All of them eventually.
Name
nope
SOLD ! ! ! ! 2/28/09 :teeth & :cry

I hate to throw another RC on BARF right now as it's crazy that the existing ones haven't been scooped up yet, but I have to and this will appeal to a slightly different crowd :cool:cool

2000 RC-51 for sale ***salvaged title*** 24k Miles

I bought it in 2004 with cosmetic damages, I took it down to the frame and engine and replaced or upgraded anything that was broken, bent or worn and remodeled the look to make a functional clean streetfighter/semi naked bike. I had thoughts of taking it furthur with a custom nose and tail, renthal fatbars, etc but it's time to let it go. It's also WAY more bike than I need to commute to work and I don't have time to track it or joyride it anymore. This bike gets a LOT of attention and positive feedback if you want posuer points.

Here's a list of what was damaged and (replaced)
- rear wheel was dinged too far to repair. (F&R SP2 wheels were bought as a pair), SP1 front wheel sold.
- the plastics and tank were beat up, (used plastics and tank bought and installed what I wanted of plastics)
- one clipon broken (used helibars installed)
- 1 radiator was smushed (replaced w/used spare from BARF racer (forgot name)

- the frame is absolutely spotless and this is VIN # ....00013, this is the thirteenth US RC-51 !!! :devil:devil

other work performed at time of rebuild:
- The forks and trees were checked by Aftershocks
- valves checked

Current setup and Upgrades:
- Ohlins rear shock setup for 180#
- Aftershocks forks revalve and resprung for 180#
- Sato ti highmount exhaust slip ons
- hotbodies undertail w/led brake and turn signals
- CRG black shorty clutch and brake levers
- new Honda air filters
- Helibars clipons
- SP2 wheels F&R
- new Pirelli Diablo tires (180/60 in rear)
- Jim Ahlman speedo healer
- PC3 USB w/Dan Kyle mapping
- Galfer dual front brake lines
- -1F +1R AFAM sprockets installed with DID gold chain
- flapper and PAIR mods
- new battery in 2008

spares and stock parts
- rear shock
- exhaust cans
- second look seat and tank bra
- levers
- stock sprockets 530
- 1 stock clipon, 1 stock helibar
- all brackets to attach stock bodywork (yuck, why would you)
- factory Honda service manual
- dinged up tank, no pump
- K&N air filters
- some other bits I can't remember, maybe some body pieces

The bike runs and rides perfectly, ready for trackdays or urban assaulting.
Do you want a badass reliable low buck Duc eater?
I would like to sell as is with all the upgrades in place as anyone who knows RCs is going to know this is how this bike should be anyway and will have to source these parts at some point.
Bike As is w/all upgrades and spares - $4800

if it doesn't sell as is by 3/1/2009 I may part out the bling and sell it as follows (I will update this page as they are claimed):
bike w/stock shock, cans, levers, no other extras - $3700
have an RC for the price of an older Superhawk!!!!
to sell seperately:
sato ti highmounts - $750
ohlins rear - $700
PC3 USB - $120
CRG levers - $120
speedo healer - $75
= $1765 of bling seperately

note:
older picture does not show Satos or CRG levers.....

new recent pics added a few posts down!!!!

PM me for more info
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0005_2.jpg
    IMG_0005_2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 58
  • rc hill2.jpg
    rc hill2.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 48
  • during sm.jpg
    during sm.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
That's a lot of bike for not a not a lot $$.
 
I remember when you built this. I sold you those helibars! :)

Great looking bike, and well worth the money for something setup well.
 
thanks guys
It hurts to sell it and it hurts even more selling it at this price. I am pensive about letting it go so cheap but there are some really clean near stock RCs on here without as many upgrade$ I have to compete with that have been sitting a long time.
If I don't sell it quick and forget about it I won't be able to sell it at all. Unfortunately the salvage title thing scares people and sometimes unjustly lowers the comprable sale value versus a clean title, as you all are aware.

I can show the bike in SF evenings or Foster City m-f during the day weather pending and with a day or two notice
weekends I can show in SF or maybe twist my arm to meet at Alices or Pescadero...


BTW : no trades for any bikes, I AM looking for a newer 06+ Tacoma 4x4 though....
 
Last edited:
does a windscreen still mount to that cowl? and do you have any pics with the new exhaust stuff?

sweet looking bike, by the way!
 
..neeeeeeed ......tax...........return............gah!
 
yes, a windscreen can still mount to the cowl, but the cowl has the vertical extensions cut off above the mirror/support mounts so it would be on it's own above there. The lower 4 holes are still there but currently filled with spikes. :cool
I did cut down a red iridium windscreen that was on the bike when I got it but I like it without one, cut down clear would look good though.
 
Last edited:
what a hell of a start, sorry to hear it pains you to let her go.... GL!
bum for a clean RC
 
thanks
this isn't the cleanest RC on BARF but it's a well set up beast.

BTW I can show it at Benders any evening ... ;-)
 
bumpdated with recent better pictures by requests...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 25
smores
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 28
I can vouch for the bike and the seller. BOTH ARE TMU APPROVED>
 
i'll consider parting it later possibly next month if it doesn't sell whole.
SP1 stock cans are easy to get, I think there's a set on CL or in the parts section here right now if you need them now.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top