• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

So I just got a text from Pat and he's swearing and cursing and happy and mad at the sametime cause he found his positive battery terminal was loose. Once tight the bike started right up!:laughing:thumbdown:thumbup:wow

Can't wait till next month :party


Ugg....
 

Attachments

  • troll fuuu.png
    troll fuuu.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 159
So I just got a text from Pat and he's swearing and cursing and happy and mad at the sametime cause he found his positive battery terminal was loose. Once tight the bike started right up!:laughing:thumbdown:thumbup:wow

Can't wait till next month :party

Glad he got this sorted. :thumbup

While he was working on it at the bridge I was saying to someone (Not Pat) that I had an incident with my 450 a few years back that was really similar to his, and it turned out to be a loose electrical connection (coil) not a fuel issue. Guess I should have piped up...
 
I haven't messed with too much of the video yet, but here is what I have from our gate bypassing (sorry, Sid :laughing)

[youtube]QrcfnaqkgyM[/youtube]
 
:twofinger:thumbup:teeth:rofl Yeah you and Eldrick made it look so easy, how could I resist ? Once I get my GoPro up and running and some dirt tires and wheels I'll get you back.:cool I suggest we do a street tire adventure thru Stonyford.:wtf
 
:twofinger:thumbup:teeth:rofl Yeah you and Eldrick made it look so easy, how could I resist ? Once I get my GoPro up and running and some dirt tires and wheels I'll get you back.:cool I suggest we do a street tire adventure thru Stonyford.:wtf

No way, Jose. Considering you were capable of leaving me in the dust on your street rubber, there is no way in hell I'm going up against you on anything remotely resembling a level playing field (unless it's street riding). :laughing
 
hahahaha yeah Aaron got you alright Sid. When I saw you approach I thought for sure you were going to knack knack that ridge..... the funny part is not what happened, since I see myself doing that all the time, it was Aaron's response that was hilarious...... hahahaha.
Sid how about doing the Sheetiron on supermotos?

Street tires through Knoxville! I am IN! It's gotta be next month since the Sheetiron is in May, ok? April supermoto knoxville here we come. Would like to go on a street sumo ride with you and Trevor sometime too Sid :ride
 
Last edited:
hahahaha yeah Aaron got you alright Sid. When I saw you approach I thought for sure you were going to knack knack that ridge..... the funny part is not what happened, since I see myself doing that all the time, it was Aaron's response that was hilarious...... hahahaha.
Sid how about doing the Sheetiron on supermotos?

Street tires through Knoxville! I am IN! It's gotta be next month since the Sheetiron is in May, ok? April supermoto knoxville here we come. Would like to go on a street sumo ride with you and Trevor sometime too Sid :ride

:laughing

I would love to tag along on your street sumo ride. Can I go on knobbies or do I need to pick up some trail tires?

I just realized that I am not going to be able to do the Sheetiron. :thumbdown I'm stuck going to a fricking wedding. :|
 
:laughing

I would love to tag along on your street sumo ride. Can I go on knobbies or do I need to pick up some trail tires?

I just realized that I am not going to be able to do the Sheetiron. :thumbdown I'm stuck going to a fricking wedding. :|

Better yet Aaron, pick up some 17s for your 690 and rail on the street.
Bummer about the Sheetiron, I imagin it must be YOUR wedding to keep you away from the sheetiron :laughing
 
Better yet Aaron, pick up some 17s for your 690 and rail on the street.
Bummer about the Sheetiron, I imagin it must be YOUR wedding to keep you away from the sheetiron :laughing

I don't need 17s to rail on the street. Silly Dean. I may suck on dirt, but I'm a pretty competent street rider. :thumbup

As for the Sheetiron, I'm super bummed. Given that I've got a Death Valley ride in April, Quincy in June and Pakistan at the end of July, I can afford to miss one ride. It does bum me out to miss it, though.
 
Ray,

Thank you for sticking with us and making sure pew got safe through it!! It was great fun!

Morten
 
I don't need 17s to rail on the street. Silly Dean. I may suck on dirt, but I'm a pretty competent street rider. :thumbup

As for the Sheetiron, I'm super bummed. Given that I've got a Death Valley ride in April, Quincy in June and Pakistan at the end of July, I can afford to miss one ride. It does bum me out to miss it, though.

Dang you have nothing to be sad about for missing the SI300 this year, carry on... As for a street ride, sounds great, let's do it :thumbup

Morten, kudos to you for making it around the gate unassisted on the 1200gs. I would be at the bottom of the ridge if it were me :laughing
 
Thank you for sticking with us and making sure pew got safe through it!!

You're quite welcome.

Everyone needs a bit of assistance the first time through this ride. Now that you know what to expect, it's not so daunting.

The things that I have to remember are:

On the first off-road section through Knoxville, go RIGHT at every intersection or "Y".

When your back on Hwy 16 going to Reiff, it's the first marked road to the right...and it comes up awfully fast if your not paying attention.

Once on Reiff/Rayhouse....just keep going straight.

When riding the "big" bikes, its always easier with at least one friend. They get difficult to pick up more than 2 or 3 times by yourself.


Great decision to stop at Guinda Commons for food. I'm certainly going back just for lunch. People are telling me that it has the Casino food beaten by a mile.

Looking forward to April's ride.

I'll scout out the gate status on Rd 41 in a week or so.
 
Last edited:
:twofinger:thumbup:teeth:rofl Yeah you and Eldrick made it look so easy, how could I resist ? Once I get my GoPro up and running and some dirt tires and wheels I'll get you back.:cool I suggest we do a street tire adventure thru Stonyford.:wtf

hummm, an excuse to get the xrl going again...sounds fun to me. :teeth Except I'll video you and Aaron going at it..:laughing

I haven't messed with too much of the video yet, but here is what I have from our gate bypassing (sorry, Sid :laughing)

Awesome...ha ha. :thumbup
 
Awesome ride today guys, the weather and traction was perfect we had a blast sliding the street 17's on Reiff and dicing back down Berryessa Rd with Trevor. This was his first group BARF ride, I think we broke him in properly:teeth. Can't wait for the next time.

Arggh!! I was thinking about you guys all ripping it up Sunday while I slaved away at home...was indeed a perfect day - really bummed I missed the ride...:cry


Great ride and great folks as usual. I hope no one hit their heads on the big fallen tree we had to go under coming out of Berryessa.

When we left Pat on the KTM at highway 16 he was in good spirits with a big fat juicy burger from Guinda Commons :thumbup fries, 3 large cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon and a book of matches with 5 sticks in it from my tire repair kit.

By the time we got back to Starbucks and loaded up it was 6pm. I headed up up 80 to 505 and cut off onto 16 to retrieve the "broken" ktm and Pat. By the time I punched through all the slow traffic it was just getting dark. I pulled into the parking lot, saw the bike leaning up on the post but no Pat. I looked around and honked the horn a few times thinking he would pop out of a bush or out house but no Pat.

I then turned into the gated parking lot and saw a big fire burning in the back corner with a guy with a spear (big stick) over his head bobbing up and down, poking at imaginary buffalo or squirrels (depends on who you ask). Remember the scene in Dances with Wolves where Kevin Costner is prancing around the bon fire? yeah like that. Good thing he wasn't naked or I would have driven off and left him.

Once I stop laughing I hand Pat his ex large coffee and start to load up his bike while he tells me about all the cool wildlife he made friends with in the past 4 or 5 hours.

On the way home we speculate, postulate, regurgitate, all the things that could be wrong with his bike.... armchair mechanics at it's best and we finally make it home around 10 oclock, not too bad.

So I just got a text from Pat and he's swearing and cursing and happy and mad at the sametime cause he found his positive battery terminal was loose. Once tight the bike started right up!:laughing:thumbdown:thumbup:wow

Can't wait till next month :party
Dean - great story! and clearly a great job taking care of Pat while you went to fetch the truck...burger, fries, beer, and survival gear...what more could a stranded rider want...love the visual of the dancing with the wolves :teeth


Sounds like a great ride. :cry

Someday, someday...
Hey Chris - how ya doin' :teeth Hope your still mending well and fixing up or replacing the DR...don't forget there is the stonyford 2 barf campout last weekend of March...hope to see you out there soon!


I haven't messed with too much of the video yet, but here is what I have from our gate bypassing (sorry, Sid :laughing)
:rofl:teeth
AWESOME video Aaron :teeth - Eldrick flipping that big 990 like its a twofiddy....poor sid...but at least you fell uphill into the bush :teeth
Now I've got a little bike (te610) and can practice falling down just like Sid.


You're quite welcome.

The things that I have to remember are:

On the first off-road section through Knoxville, go RIGHT at every intersection or "Y". THIS...ROLF...can't remember how many times I've gotten lost in Knoxville :teeth

Great decision to stop at Guinda Commons for food. I'm certainly going back just for lunch. People are telling me that it has the Casino food beaten by a mile.

Looking forward to April's ride.

I'll scout out the gate status on Rd 41 in a week or so.
Hey Ray - So where is this Guinda Commons located? Before the Casino on Hwy 16 somewhere?? Hungry riders need to know!! And yeah absolutely agree about adding Rd41 into the mix...another awesome & beautiful backroad to ride up there.


Hope to see some of you crazy guys out at Stonyford Mar 28-30...and yeah, time to start thinking about application for the sheet iron...looking forward to trying some of the hard splits this year:thumbup

FYI - I am officially looking for a set of 18" SM wheels for my Husky!


T
 
Tim, I conveniently left out all of the video that showed Sid disappearing off into the distance on his street tire-shod moto. Yup, I suck. :loser
 
Back
Top