BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Group Rides (scheduled, w/date in the title)

Notices

Old 04-29-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
matjam
Crusty old UNIX engineer

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 2014 Ducati Panigale 1199s, 2019 Ducati Multistrada S
Name: Nate
5/2 Sunday East to South Excursion

Cancelled; going to ride berryessa instead.

Last edited by matjam; 05-01-2021 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: update route, add second meet point, images are too huge
matjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:22 PM   #2
FZ1MinesRdRipper
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 09' FZ1 - 17' FZ10 Street/ Trackdays
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjam View Post
What: Testing a new (to me) route from Livermore to Alice's with a finish in Los Gatos.
When: Sunday May 2nd, 10am KSU.
Where: Start at Starbucks, 223 S Vasco Rd, Livermore, CA 94551
Why: Because I'm vaccinated and need to ride
Who: Anyone is welcome to ride with us. I'm going to be taking it pretty easy as I either have never ridden these roads or am riding roads that I haven't ridden in a while.

Route (click the map for the route in Google Maps):

Route has plenty of fuel stops, and it may be a little ambitious but I like to do at least 200 miles on a Sunday or I am bored. I have NFI how long this will really take. It says 7.5 hours on Google Maps but I've never had a ride take the time google maps says on a motorcycle, even with stops. So, we may ride most of this then bail if it's getting late. It's an adventure!

I've minimized the amount of slab as much as possible.

This post is for FZ1MinesRipper who has been nagging me to ride for 2 years and I hate the south bay.

Please:
  1. Post if you're coming. If you don't, I won't know.
  2. Get a full tank of gas. There's a gas station at the starbucks.
  3. Make sure your bike works.
  4. Wear a mask around others if you're not vaccinated.

Wouldn't mind some feedback on some of the back roads I've chosen. I picked them because when I dropped the maps guy on the map the road looked nice.
Yes...I've been nagging Nate to do a ride do South a little ways. One thing Nate...this is the first round of Moto America and MotoGp. Can we move it to the next Sunday. I have a few good ideas on slightly adjusting your route as we approach hwy 17 and start heading into the real nice roads in that area. I think everyone would love this ride. Later

RIP Kody...truly the best dog...missing my little buddy.
God Speed Nicky #69...we'll miss you.
RIP Eric...my little brother 1964-2019

[B]09' Yamaha FZ1 (Trusty Mines Rd Steed) - Yamaha 17' FZ10 - Latest Mines Rd Ripper.
FZ1MinesRdRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 01:18 PM   #3
FZ1MinesRdRipper
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Sunday ride

Yes, I have it recording. It's just that a bunch of fellow motorcyclist from Santa Cruz are having a BBQ from 1pm to 6pm on 5/2 to watch the season opener of MA...it's going to be great to see if our guys can handle the frenchman Loris Baz...he's quick for sure. I think B. Fong & J. Herrin will hound him through out the season.

[B]09' Yamaha FZ1 (Trusty Mines Rd Steed) - Yamaha 17' FZ10 - Latest Mines Rd Ripper.

Last edited by FZ1MinesRdRipper; 04-30-2021 at 07:08 AM..
Old 04-29-2021, 03:11 PM   #4
glooey
gloobie

Motorcycles: Street Triple R, FJR
Name: Greg
Am interested in joining for a few hours during the S. Bay leg - probably Los Gatos gas stop.

I don't think I can keep up with you guys but I can ride sweep. I know these roads well.
glooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 06:27 AM   #5
Tom G
"The Deer Hunter"

Motorcycles: BMW R1200GSA
Name: Tom
Hwy 236 is still closed, you can use Hwy 9 instead. Or go down to Hwy 1, Swanton, Stage ...
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:17 AM   #6
FZ1MinesRdRipper
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
Hwy 236 is still closed, you can use Hwy 9 instead. Or go down to Hwy 1, Swanton, Stage ...
Nate can we move it to 5/9. I'm working on a new map with most of the roads you currently have...I hate the slab too.

I will send you the route that looks good for you to look at. I'm going to see if we can get KTM Ken and some other experienced riders out for a real ride. I've ridden PV & Berryessa...not bad roads. The reason I like Mines is there's not a shit load of cars and you can really let it rip on this road. Not a lot of shadowing from trees. Old San Jose Rd down to Soquel from Summit is a road I ride all the time. Great little run.

I hope we can put together a great group for 5/9. If not I'll catch up with you for a ride soon. Have a great weekend barfer's.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #7
matjam
Crusty old UNIX engineer

Contributor ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
Good to know. Will figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glooey View Post
Am interested in joining for a few hours during the S. Bay leg - probably Los Gatos gas stop.

I don't think I can keep up with you guys but I can ride sweep. I know these roads well.
Might just be me :P Unless some other people join us. I'd have to figure out a meet place and time & Los Gatos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1MinesRdRipper View Post
I hope we can put together a great group for 5/9. If not I'll catch up with you for a ride soon. Have a great weekend barfer's.
I'm riding sunday. Its the one thing I get to look forward to every week. Watching people having fun on motorcycles on the TV I can do when it's dark. During daylight, I want to be on the bike.

Feel free to post a ride for 5/9, if you start it in Livermore then I'll join. I just am not interested in 2h of slab to south bay to "start" a ride. :-) I can deal with the slab on the way home.
Old 04-30-2021, 10:22 AM   #8
matjam
Crusty old UNIX engineer

Contributor ++

have update the route. If anyone just wants to do the skyline/alice/south bay stuff then meet at Los Gatos and make sure you're gassed up there before 12pm. I may get there way before that time but I actually have no idea how long it will take me. It's been a while since I've done Mt Hamilton.

I may end by riding back up skyline past alice's so I can hook up with the 92 and cross the bay that way to get home. But I'll see.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #9
FZ1MinesRdRipper
Veteran

Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by matjam View Post
Good to know. Will figure it out.

Might just be me :P Unless some other people join us. I'd have to figure out a meet place and time & Los Gatos.

I'm riding sunday. Its the one thing I get to look forward to every week. Watching people having fun on motorcycles on the TV I can do when it's dark. During daylight, I want to be on the bike.

Feel free to post a ride for 5/9, if you start it in Livermore then I'll join. I just am not interested in 2h of slab to south bay to "start" a ride. :-) I can deal with the slab on the way home.
Sounds good Nate.

Old 05-01-2021, 06:56 PM   #10
glooey
gloobie

Motorcycles: Street Triple R, FJR
Name: Greg
Sorry, going to have to pass on this one.
glooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 08:24 PM   #11
matjam
Crusty old UNIX engineer

Contributor ++

Quote:
Originally Posted by glooey View Post
Sorry, going to have to pass on this one.
No worries looks like you were the only one interested.

Going to cancel this and go ride berryessa with my normal group of idiots instead.