Old 10-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 2016 S1000RR Motorrad aka TaZ
Name: OuttaCtrl
16th Annual Helimot Tahoe Ride

Ahhh, just returned from an Awesome but freezing ride to and from South Lake Tahoe. Leaving from Helimot HQ on Sunday the trek lead us through JamesTown through Sonora and Monitor Pass. There was approximately 11 riders with varying 2 wheeled machine from a vintage-like Triumph to Aprilia Mille RSV to my "Das Boat" yacht. To their surpise I was able keep up with their spirited pace ride, though I do suffer with an angular deficiency . There were a few times I'd scrape the centerstand and reluctantly had drift the bike wider, which was dangerously close to either going off the cliff or the side of the rock face.

Returning back from So. Lake Tahoe you just can't beat the images of fall leaves turning gold against the green pine trees. And on that morning it was cold. So cold that all of our seats were covered in ice. So we left a little later to hopefully defrost the ice over Ebbets Pass. While gassing up we met a group of Harley riders that were friendly enough to chat with us when we said hi to them first (to no surprise) . There was a sense that we were all were going to ride together but we were glad we didn't they were so slow and uninspirational I would have found knitting more exciting . And gladly they decided to turn right, away from Markleeville to Ebbets Pass. I guess it was too much excitement for them .

So running through Ebbetts Pass was still cold, that I could have sworn I saw penguins on the side of the roads . Though I have to admit I had to slow "Das Boat" down a bit to prevent from loosing the rear per the afore mentioned scrape. Leading over to Alpine Lake and down to Angel's Camp to have lunch.Then head over to a secret fun road that was discovered by Helmut and Linda while ago. This road is secretly called the 2nd "whoop-dee-do" road. And I tell yeah after their repavement it is alot better than I have remembered it. It was so much fun I didn't care of scraping "das boat" at all and there were hardly any other vehicles that travel through it . I'd say it is a little narrow Skagg Springs road and the only hint I would disclose is it drops you into Valley Springs . Any how I'll be posting some the rides pics for y'alls enjoyment and entertainment and I can't wait for next years run. BTW if you are interested it is an invite only ride with people they know that are fun, safe, and courteous (sort off) .

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

"Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me."..."Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – “Life”." Steve Jobs

motorcycling is for everybody, but not everybody is for motorcycling

Last edited by Outta Control; 10-04-2005 at 08:32 AM..
Outta Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:06 AM   #2
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Rider gathering...

At breakfast...

Gotta Represent... homie

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

"Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me."..."Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – “Life”." Steve Jobs

Last edited by Outta Control; 10-04-2005 at 08:13 AM..
Old 10-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #3
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Sonora Pass...

Monitor Pass... Some members huddled together to stay warm.

Gotta love scenes like this...

This was an odd moment, like all UFO sighting Helmut caught this unexplained, rare (blurry) photo of a riderless bike. You be the judge .

More to come...

Last edited by Outta Control; 10-04-2005 at 01:04 PM..
Old 10-04-2005, 08:22 AM   #4
EC70
jrace fan club member

Motorcycles: Ellesworth
Name:
great shots looks like fun.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
tuxumino
purrfect

AMA #: 249288
Chief Beer Mooch
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: my butt on a duc
Name:
oooooohhhh
I'm jealous.
I rode through yosemite a month ago, gotta love them hills.
T.M.U. Local 510 Rabbit Deployment Farce
tuxumino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:10 AM   #6
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

More Pics...

Monday Morning

Alpine lake

Chris poses

Walking tall

Ice Ice Baby

Old 10-05-2005, 06:16 AM   #7
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Tommy Hayden? or Markie Mark? You decide

Markleeville

Yours trully..."Someday I wish this could all be mine"

Got Traffic?

Traffic 2: The Sequal

The Usual Suspects

Follow the Leader...

2x

Old 10-05-2005, 08:32 AM   #8
antipathy
Lurks for the lulz

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 250/650/1050
Name: Alicia
Cool photos! That ride must have been a blast.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:40 AM   #9
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by antipathy
Cool photos! That ride must have been a blast.
Thanks. It was a blast! I met some great friends new and old. But I did loose $60 on the Craps table . Anyways you just couldn't beat the scenery at that time of the year.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #10
antipathy
Lurks for the lulz

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 250/650/1050
Name: Alicia
Is this ride an invite-only thing or open to all willing to brave those temps? And is owning a Helimot suit a prerequisite?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 AM   #11
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by antipathy
Is this ride an invite-only thing or open to all willing to brave those temps? And is owning a Helimot suit a prerequisite?
Nooo. You don't have to have a Helimot suit to participate, but it is an invite only ride. If I ever meet you and hang out to know you better then we could invite you. Just to give an idea of every Helimot ride is that you go at your own pace, have lots of fun joking and laughing, respect other riders, ride safe, and have a great time.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #12
eddiemcrider
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: NCV30
Name: Eddie
damn I missed out. Looks like a blast except for the 32F temp..brrrrr
Old 10-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #13
Leanit
Veteran

Motorcycles: Triumph Daytona 955i, Aprilia Caponord
Name:
If the cold was bad, the wind was worse! I went up to Tahoe Saturday morning, via Carson (88), then home Sunday over Ebbets (4). Only saw 51 degrees for a low over Ebbets, at about high noon.

Also ate lunch in Angel's Camp, but I expect we were an hour or two behind you.

Can't beat the scenery and the roads up there this time of year. Thanks for the pictures.

My wife wore her new Helimot gloves and loved them. Not great defense against the cold wind on a dual sport, but very comfy.

- Leanit
Old 10-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #14
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Leanit
If the cold was bad, the wind was worse! I went up to Tahoe Saturday morning, via Carson (88), then home Sunday over Ebbets (4). Only saw 51 degrees for a low over Ebbets, at about high noon.

Also ate lunch in Angel's Camp, but I expect we were an hour or two behind you.

Can't beat the scenery and the roads up there this time of year. Thanks for the pictures.

My wife wore her new Helimot gloves and loved them. Not great defense against the cold wind on a dual sport, but very comfy.

- Leanit
Ahhh... We did miss you. We went up on Sonora on Sunday and came back on Monday via Ebbetts. Glad you also had fun. I thought the Buffalo 365 worked well in the cold. That is of course having heated grip helps.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #15
weasel
Eradicator

AMA #: 2815972
Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor ++ BB

Motorcycles: 03' RVT1000
Name: jim
I love those rowadds