Notices

Old 06-09-2003, 05:03 PM   #1
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: 750cc
Name:
SF-->LA-->SF trip One awesome ride!

OK here are the details to my trip from SF„³LA„³SF.

So I started to head out on Friday (6/6/03) @ 5:30am to Modesto to meet up with an uncle that wanted to follow me on his car. Met up with him around 7:00am or so. Waited for him to get ready and we headed out around 8am from Modesto on S-99. I pulled over in Tulare to gas and again in Bakersfield so that my uncle can gas up and get something to eat @ Carl¡¦s JR. We hit traffic a couple of times and I was able to continue but not him so I decided it to proceed without him because I need to be in Ontario by 1pm to pick my son from school and surprise him before he got out. He was cool with that. I then proceeded without him and reach Pasadena around 12pm and gas up again. I finally made it to my destination by 1pm. I spend some time with my Son and headed to Paramount (my Grandma¡¦s house to meet up with family and uncle). This was about 6pm. We relaxed @ grandmas and head out for the nightlife¡K. End of Friday

Saturday I had to be @ my son¡¦s b-day party @ Scandia Fun Land by 1pm. So I decided to head to Angle Crest Highway to do some serious riding for the most part of the morning. I ended riding from 11-12pm on hwy 2 (ACH). Let me tell you this hwy is one of the best twisty I ridding on since I took up motorcycling! I literally had a hard-on the whole ride through hwy 2 for about an 1hr. There are so many left, right long sweepers you can do major knee dragging here but I kept safe cause I wanted to enjoy and considering I never been on this road i had to keep it cool. I did not come accross any major decreasing radius turns nothing but nice sweepers! I decided to bring down the boner and head to my sons b-day party¡K Arrived @ Scandia in Ontario around 1:15pm spent the rest of the day there and enjoyed the party. I left around 7pm and decided to meet some old friends in Perris City arrive there around 8pm and chatted for a couple of hours and headed back to Paramount (grandmas house). When to bed about 11pm to get up early and head back to San Francisco, End of Saturday

Woke Up Sunday around 8:30am got ready, packed and ate some of grandma¡¦s cooking (Mmmm, how I miss her cooking) and head out around 10am. I decided I wanted to ride home through the canyons. So I took Datadan¡¦s advice and proceeded to ride the following route. Started out of Hwy 710„³5„³126„³150„³ 33 wow this route 33 is one awesome twisty road up and down pine mountain. So Far I have not seen any CHP or local police cruisers after the twisty route on 33 it became flat for a good 45mins or so. This is where my speedo hit 10,000 miles and at this point I though wow no accident yet, I think I jinxed myself here again. I only had been riding since last July. I was able to really open the gix up and enjoyed the long straight shots¡K reach Taft and grab a power bar and some Gatorade to revive the thirst. Headed out to 58 (wow this road is another awesome but short twisty route) after the twisties this route has some awesome up and down (sort of like a roller coaster) road for about 15 mins. Felt butterflies in my stomach for the short ride but was well worth it. Connected onto route 229 which was a well paved road narrow, slowed down to cross the town and I pulled over to take a picture of the sign and BAM¡K¡K. I hit the dirt¡K. Yes I hit the Dirt¡K.
I fucked up! What happened, I slowed down to about 15mph and proceeded onto the dirt and grabbed a handful of brake and my front tire washed out and I low-sided on the dirt. Ouch did it hurt, not really just a minor idiotic mistake. I got up quickly and pick my bike and set on the side stand to check out the damage. This all happen right in front of an oncoming vehicle lady pulled over to make sure I was ok. I told her everything was fine and she proceeded on her route. I clean myself off and inspected the bike for major damage (thank god for frame sliders) cool no big deal just starched up fairing¡¦s. Ok now my bike has character. :smile
After a closer inspection of my bike the shifter boot thingy was snapped off. Only the lever was there. So I decided I was not going to allow this to slow me down from my intended twisty route. I did not bring with me an extra shift lever only brake n clutch lever that I bought before my ride. I knew I should have gotten that shift lever but I told myself I do not think I will crash. I guess I just jinxed myself. Oh well¡K. I proceeded onto 41„³ 101„³ 198„³ 25 without a shift boot so I had to slide my foot underneath the lever to up-shift downshift was easy so anyways¡K hwy 25 has a lot of suicide squirrels¡K. I must have seen hundreds of them¡K I ended killing one from the whole pack of them¡K hwy 25 is ok but nothing compared to why 33 and 58. After 25 I ended up on hwy 101 by this time it was already 7pm and I was feeling the fall and was getting sort of tired. Proceeded on 101 to South San Francisco and arrived home @ 8:30pm.

The whole ride I kept a moderate pace allowing myself for any errors except I might encounter. I did however open the gix up on the straights¡K. Did slow down when oncoming traffic appeared¡K I am really glad I decided to ride these roads and see our awesome roads we have here in California. Some people may think I am stupid or crazy for doing this all by myself but like I have told my boss and my family members I do not need anyone to hold my hand and I believed I was well prepared for this ride. So anyone up for any future rides to LA just let me know I¡¦ll join you if I can!

I was well prepared for this ride I had all the essentials except for the extra shift lever.
First Aid Kit, water, power bars, clutch cable, brake n clutch lever, co2 tubes and plugs incase of a flat, sun block, shades, duck tape, cell phone, chatterbox etc.¡K

I had full gear on moto boots, full leathers, gloves, helmet (required by law). My boots did there job on my wash out. My heel and ankle are sore but that¡¦s it!

Total Miles racked up for the whole ride 1258miles.
Total travel time: 23hrs
Total money spent on gas $58.00
Total mishaps: 1
Total crossing yellow: 0
Total fellow Bikes seen: around 30-50
Total CHP or Local Cruisers seen: 2 chp together ticking a cage on 25 near 101

Total Hard-ons: couldn¡¦t keep count

I wanted to say Thanks to Datadan for the advice on the routes from this previous thread!

previous link

I will do this route again in a heart beat!! Sorry for the long report and any typos or errors I typed. Now for the pics! Enjoy¡K.

Hey Slowpoke and Sin I am ready and looking forward to the Las Vegas ride this Friday!

Last edited by gixxerrider; 06-10-2003 at 01:08 PM..
gixxerrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Modesto meeting uncle..

Old 06-09-2003, 05:04 PM   #3
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Gasing up and taking a break in Tulare..

Old 06-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Getting something to eat in Bakersfield...

Old 06-09-2003, 05:06 PM   #5
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Pick-up my son from school and arrive at his mother house...

Old 06-09-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Arriving @ grandmas house....

Old 06-09-2003, 05:07 PM   #7
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Saturday hwy 2 (Angle Crest)

Old 06-09-2003, 05:08 PM   #8
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
break @ parking lot....

Old 06-09-2003, 05:09 PM   #9
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
into the twisties I ago.......

Old 06-09-2003, 05:10 PM   #10
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Here is a pic of a nice view on top of a national park section...

Old 06-09-2003, 05:10 PM   #11
gixxerrider
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Here is a little taste of hwy 2....

Old 06-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #12
gixxerrider
Veteran