BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > Moto Photos & Videos

Notices

Old 02-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #1
lfrc322
Veteran

Motorcycles: Currently Kawi ZZR 400 previously: 83 KZ 750, '02 VFR 800 (snow equipted and tested) and 88 EX 500
Name: Luis
nuts, but dedicated rider (snow "hunting" trip)

Yesterday, 1/31/04 was a hard day for me. So many rides which I enjoy were posted to happen and it was difficult to decide which one to go on. Mines, Berryessa, the 9 loop (where i missed out on lunch. I had been going back and forth about which ride to do on that day, seeing as how I had that random saturday off w/o having specifically requested it.

Thursday night, I decided that I needed something more than the normal barf rides. I felt like i needed a ride w/ a purpose, other than just being out on the road. So I decided to forgo the group rides for that day, and head out on my own. From this stemed my "snow hunting" ride. I decided to head for the hills, literally. In the interest of time (riding back in the dark), I stopped as soon as I got my first "game", which was about 30 or so miles outside of truckee. Here are some pictures to share, including our newest memeber.

Enjoy

PS. apparently the farther Northeast you go on Hwy 80 in the winter, the less bikes (including harleys) there are, and people give you weird looks if they see you on a bike, especially on a snow covered road.

"Competing against a VFR with your sportbike is like arguing on BARF.....Even if you win, youre still a moron...." From the profile of the Yak Man of the remote village of Fresno

Lizard's confession to ToxicGirrl (euro styled): Don't fook up what I have with Bill, I need him now more than ever"

Proud Member of these fine organizations:
A.S.A. / A.S.S. / P.N.S. / T.D.C.

Last edited by lfrc322; 02-02-2004 at 11:49 PM..
lfrc322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:02 PM   #2
lfrc322
Veteran

Motorcycles: Currently Kawi ZZR 400 previously: 83 KZ 750, '02 VFR 800 (snow equipted and tested) and 88 EX 500
the only way to get there

"Competing against a VFR with your sportbike is like arguing on BARF.....Even if you win, youre still a moron...." From the profile of the Yak Man of the remote village of Fresno

Lizard's confession to ToxicGirrl (euro styled): Don't fook up what I have with Bill, I need him now more than ever"

Old 02-01-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
lfrc322
Veteran

to the left of the helmet, our newest member and in charge of all tahoe BARF meets, Bob the snow man, he has skinny fingers but is giving us the proper barf greeting/salute

Old 02-01-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
lfrc322
Veteran

oops.. bob tries a fast turn.. didnt quite make it all the way around

Old 02-01-2004, 12:07 PM   #5
lfrc322
Veteran

had to do at least one pose

Old 02-01-2004, 12:09 PM   #6
lfrc322
Veteran

some scenery

Old 02-01-2004, 12:10 PM   #7
lfrc322
Veteran

more scenery

Old 02-01-2004, 12:11 PM   #8
lfrc322
Veteran

yes the snow was high

Old 02-01-2004, 12:13 PM   #9
lfrc322
Veteran

last one.. and yes it was cold... the lowest i rode in was about 35 degrees...here the gauge is at 37

Old 02-01-2004, 12:30 PM   #10
Slowest_One
let's ride!

aging poser
Contributor + BB

Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBR 1000RR
Name: Mike
cool pics dude! so exactly how far did u go? nice bike BTW
Slowest_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:48 PM   #11
Bruce
Veteran

Motorcycles: 02 Gixxer 7
Name:
Great photos, to cold for me though,
Old 02-01-2004, 12:56 PM   #12
lfrc322
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowestOne
cool pics dude! so exactly how far did u go? nice bike BTW
thanks... edited original post, but i stopped about 30 miles outside truckee. Just wanted to see/play in a bit of snow.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #13
Bronto
Veteran

Motorcycles: Ѡ
Name:
Unless your into it. Two things can be missed each year. If your not into skiing can go through the winter and not see Snow. The 2nd is if your not into swimming or beach going. Can go through a summer without seeing a Bikini.
Bronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #14
Waterboy
Watch out for asses!

Contributor

Motorcycles: '95 VFR 750F
Name:
Looks like you (and Bob) had a great time.

The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.

Member of the West-of-the-Bridge Club
Waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:04 PM   #15
bryan_d
Veteran

Motorcycles: 1989 Honda CBR600f Hurricane
Name:
Sweet pics!

You should of come out with Mortifer and I on the 26th of Dec, we had snow on Mnt Hamilton but it wasn't that severe!

Again sweet pics,
Bryan D.

-Douchebag
bryan_d is offline   Reply With Quote