Old 06-11-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 2016 S1000RR Motorrad aka TaZ
Name: OuttaCtrl
Talking A 1250 mile journey...

Phew... I have now retrurned from San Diego and I the trip had some ups and downs. Please bear with the amount of pics but I made sure to share some of the highlights of this trip.

Sunday 5am. Got up packed up the Bimmer for the start of the ride down to San Diego. After a brief breakfast @ Hollister I hit on Hwy 25. The old time fav in the bay area.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

"Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me."..."Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – “Life”." Steve Jobs

motorcycling is for everybody, but not everybody is for motorcycling
Outta Control is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 07:52 AM   #2
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

"Non-stop pursuing of wealth will only turn a person into a twisted being, just like me."..."Material things lost can be found. But there is one thing that can never be found when it is lost – “Life”." Steve Jobs

Old 06-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #3
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

East Bound 198 was uneventful to my suit and the road was marginal so I left no pics. But once I got to Colinga I went on Hwy 33 and this is what I saw...

Old 06-11-2004, 07:59 AM   #4
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

After a few dozen miles and close to Taft. I came upon 5 miles of oil drill stations. It made me feel quite strange see these but in any case I too a shot of em.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:02 AM   #5
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Well after Hwy 33 I headed straight to SD going to the uneventful I-5. Once in SD got registered for the room at the Paradise Point Resort . Here is a boring shot of the crowd at the conference.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:06 AM   #6
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

One funny event was when we spent half the day at the neighboring Sea World and on this pic the seal on the rock was a character, it would mess with the bottom seal by teasing a fish in front of it and just before the other seal took it the first seal would toss it up in the air, catch it and swallow it. Then repeat the process for like 10 minutes. It was funny to watch.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:08 AM   #7
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Here is Shamu chilling before the next show.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:11 AM   #8
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Okie back to fun stuff. Leaving SD I went from I-8 to Hwy 67 (pic). Then work my way to Palomar Mountain.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:13 AM   #9
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

At the intersection @ Santa Ysabel.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:15 AM   #10
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Took a wrong turn and headed southeast and it was getting freaking cold Bimmer's thermo notes 50 degrees with strong winds. Brr.... But anyways here is an overhead shot of Santa Ysabel.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:23 AM   #11
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Once I got back on track I went on Hwy 76 towards Palomar Mountain. This is where the sad part of the trip. I was not all that impressed with Hwy 76. There were some fast turns but it was not impressive at all. Once good note was this pic of the Amago Sport Complex. Note for the mini-Barf'rs...

Old 06-11-2004, 08:27 AM   #12
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

I then informed that the actual Palomar road was a up and down 2 way road to the peak. But the minus 50 degree and windy conditions limited my attempts to the peak.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:35 AM   #13
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

After a dissapointing ride near Palomar prized road I went up I-15 and headed west to Hwy 74 aka Ortega Hwy. And Oh My God this was just a fun road. You just can't go slow through all 40 miles of this.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:36 AM   #14
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

Old 06-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #15
Outta Control
Renegade Drone Pilot

Founding Member
Contributor

One note was I took a pic on the side road somewhere in the middle of this hwy when a Camry pulled over next to me and the driver gave me a lecture on slowing down through the hwy. Me go fast on "the brick?"