superhawk
B Group Sandbagger

Founding Member
Mod Alumni
Contributor +++++++

Motorcycles: 2009 sv650s 2009 848
Name: Art
gsxr power modes

A friend and I are going to get our bikes dynoed. This got us thinking about bikes with power modes. My other buddy has a 1200s and you can tell the difference on how the power is delivered in different modes.
So on a gsxr750 that has A,B and C modes I have heard that in C mode the 750 feels like a 600. would that be a true assessment? If the bike is dynoed in the different modes would the hp/ torque numbers be different? Can anyone who actually owns one, could you give me your thoughts?
Thanks

EVOLUTION SUSPENSION

Old 10-14-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
ScottRNelson
Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: Honda XR650L, KTM 790 Adv R
Name: =Username
Why don't you see if the dyno people can make a run in each mode, then you'll know and you'll be able to tell us.

I've had three bikes make dyno runs and in all cases they made at least three runs per bike.

I would love to see four separate dyno runs for my KTM. I know that Off Road and Rain modes are supposed to be limited to "only" 100 horsepower. For that bike, Sport mode will obviously beat out Street and the other two.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
fubar929
Veteran

Contributor ++++++++++++++++++++1%

Motorcycles: 2015 KTM 1290 Super Duke R, 2018 Ducati Supersport S
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhawk View Post
So on a gsxr750 that has A,B and C modes I have heard that in C mode the 750 feels like a 600. would that be a true assessment?
No. I've owned a couple of GSX-R750s as well as a couple of different 600cc inline-4s. The GSX-R in "C" mode doesn't really feel anything like a 600. C-mode on my last GSX-R750 still had a lot more low- and mid-range torque than any 600 I've owned or ridden. The big thing C-mode does is limit power at higher RPMs. To me the power limitation felt very unnatural; nothing like the way a real 600cc bike delivers power.
fubar929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
superhawk
B Group Sandbagger

Founding Member
Mod Alumni
Contributor +++++++

Motorcycles: 2009 sv650s 2009 848
Name: Art
Yeah, if I had a 750 with modes, I would have them dyno it in the different modes. My bud with the 1200 isn't dynoing his bike. He has no interest. I have an 848 and my other friend has an 2011 636. But like I said we were just wondering. I have ridden my friends 1200 in different modes and you can tell the difference. Although I couldn't tell you the the 1200 in C mode felt like a 1100.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRNelson View Post
Why don't you see if the dyno people can make a run in each mode, then you'll know and you'll be able to tell us.

I've had three bikes make dyno runs and in all cases they made at least three runs per bike.

I would love to see four separate dyno runs for my KTM. I know that Off Road and Rain modes are supposed to be limited to "only" 100 horsepower. For that bike, Sport mode will obviously beat out Street and the other two.

EVOLUTION SUSPENSION