BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Moto > Covid - 19, What We Know


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2020, 06:47 AM   #661
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
Let me see if I've captured the essence of your post here...

You're ignorant
We're not
Your post sucks

He's trying to one-line the situation with misinformation. He's not even trying to have a discussion, he's trying to undermine the information based posts with shallow tripe.

People are getting sick because of the massive misinformation campaign from some sources.

It's one thing when it's only harming people financially, but threatening their health is a different realm.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.

Stupid isn't a birthright, it's a state of mind. If somebody is Stupid, it's because they chose to be Stupid.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:04 AM   #662
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical
 
ctwo's Avatar
 
Respectful Contributor

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: auf der motobahn
Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
He's trying to one-line the situation with misinformation. He's not even trying to have a discussion, he's trying to undermine the information based posts with shallow tripe.

People are getting sick because of the massive misinformation campaign from some sources.

It's one thing when it's only harming people financially, but threatening their health is a different realm.
He seems comfortable with the outcome, maybe because it does not appear to be as significantly bad as was projected.

SD:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sturgis-20201009.png
Views:	26
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	537916  
__________________
The wise speak when they have something to say.
Fools speak when they have to say something.
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #663
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
He seems comfortable with the outcome, maybe because it does not appear to be as significantly bad as was projected.

SD:
That's the one-dimensional viewpoint.

How many new infections are as a result of all of those people returning home and infecting the people around them? Yeah, it's hard to track, but what's happening in both Dakota's and the surrounding states, you can either view it as a coincidence or as related.

In life, there are few coincidences, but people like to rationalize things to fit their world or political view.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.

Stupid isn't a birthright, it's a state of mind. If somebody is Stupid, it's because they chose to be Stupid.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:59 PM   #664
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical
 
ctwo's Avatar
 
Respectful Contributor

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: auf der motobahn
Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climber View Post
That's the one-dimensional viewpoint.

How many new infections are as a result of all of those people returning home and infecting the people around them? Yeah, it's hard to track, but what's happening in both Dakota's and the surrounding states, you can either view it as a coincidence or as related.

In life, there are few coincidences, but people like to rationalize things to fit their world or political view.
Is that your higher dimensional viewpoint, the surrounding states? ND seems to be having a horrendous time re new daily cases and deaths - they had a double digit day recently.

It's almost shameful that we cannot track who actually exposed those who perished and bring up charges, or at least an investigation.
__________________
The wise speak when they have something to say.
Fools speak when they have to say something.
ctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 06:21 PM   #665
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctwo View Post
Is that your higher dimensional viewpoint, the surrounding states? ND seems to be having a horrendous time re new daily cases and deaths - they had a double digit day recently.

It's almost shameful that we cannot track who actually exposed those who perished and bring up charges, or at least an investigation.
Most likely, the original vectors came in contact with people who worked at gas stations, restaurants and other place that people who attended would have stopped at. There would have been multiple to numerous possibilities for who could have been spreading the virus, possibly multiple people.

With that kind of density, it would have been tough avoiding getting infected and even harder to really determine who.


I'm kind of curious how many people will ultimately get infected from the event(s) that centered out of the inner circle out of the the highest office.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.

Stupid isn't a birthright, it's a state of mind. If somebody is Stupid, it's because they chose to be Stupid.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:16 PM   #666
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Your talking about the Sturgis post office right?



Hard for you not to take a shot at every opportunity.
I am not saying your wrong just noting the continued political innuendo that really should be in the PolSink.
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #667
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception
 
OaklandF4i's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco and Lake County
Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Name: CJ
Looks like Sturgis has reached Europe now.

Spain, UK, France, Belgium and a few others are seeing higher per capita new cases than even the US this week.

Sorry, humor might be in bad taste and I am not a Covid denier for those who don't read this whole thread. Just hard to believe 400,000 bikers had a larger impact than the 10-14 million tourists who visited the same area this summer.

So to come full circle, did we ever decide or come to a consensus conclusion that the Sturgis rally was a super spreader event? Or has it been limited to either anecdotal or potentially coincidental evidence?
__________________
I'm looking for 1970 or older Triumph 650 project, cheap and preferably complete. PM me if you have something - will provide it a good home.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy

Last edited by OaklandF4i; 10-14-2020 at 10:02 AM..
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:14 AM   #668
ThinkFast
Live Long
 
ThinkFast's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San RiffRaph
Motorcycles: n. (pl), a two-wheeled device used for transportation as well as racing and other fun stuff.
Name: Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
So to come full circle, did we ever decide or come to a consensus conclusion that the Sturgis rally was a super spreader event? Or has it been limited to either anecdotal or potentially coincidental evidence?
Oh yes. The conclusion is that no one is going to allow themselves to be confused by facts. And everyone has reached their own conclusion.
__________________
-Tom
ThinkFast Racing
ex-AFM #280
ThinkFast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #669
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception
 
OaklandF4i's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco and Lake County
Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkFast View Post
Oh yes. The conclusion is that no one is going to allow themselves to be confused by facts. And everyone has reached their own conclusion.
Unfortunately, I think you are right regardless of what you believe.
__________________
I'm looking for 1970 or older Triumph 650 project, cheap and preferably complete. PM me if you have something - will provide it a good home.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #670
Climber
Veteran
 
Climber's Avatar
 
BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Clovis/Fresno
Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
Looks like Sturgis has reached Europe now.

Spain, UK, France, Belgium and a few others are seeing higher per capita new cases than even the US this week.

Sorry, humor might be in bad taste and I am not a Covid denier for those who don't read this whole thread. Just hard to believe 400,000 bikers had a larger impact than the 10-14 million tourists who visited the same area this summer.

So to come full circle, did we ever decide or come to a consensus conclusion that the Sturgis rally was a super spreader event? Or has it been limited to either anecdotal or potentially coincidental evidence?
Yeah, all of those visitor's congregating in big groups, hanging out at the bars and less than 5% wearing masks. How could we even think that they wouldn't have a similar proportion of covid spreading as Sturgis.
__________________
Northern and Central Cal Motorcycle incidents: Bay Area CHP Motorcycle Incidents.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.

Stupid isn't a birthright, it's a state of mind. If somebody is Stupid, it's because they chose to be Stupid.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #671
GAJ
Veteran
 
GAJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SANTA ROSA
Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Well the nation as a whole is experiencing an uptick in cases before the period of time, fall/winter, that Fauci is most worried about.

There is that.
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:00 PM   #672
budman
General Menace
 
budman's Avatar
 
AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Palo Alto, Ca.
Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post

So to come full circle, did we ever decide or come to a consensus conclusion that the Sturgis rally was a super spreader event? Or has it been limited to either anecdotal or potentially coincidental evidence?
To be real. No.

It can take months to confirm and with the lack of realistic tracking only supposition by experts is likely and even then as we have seen in other similar (except smaller gatherings) it took months to flush those out.

My gut says yes... I just rubbed it and no genie popped out so I am not qualified to confirm.
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:30 PM   #673
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception
 
OaklandF4i's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco and Lake County
Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna FE350, TE300, a vintage CR390, Honda ST1100
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
My gut says yes... I just rubbed it and no genie popped out so I am not qualified to confirm.
Agree, it would be tough to believe there wasn't some affect.

I stayed away from the Black Hills on my annual month long trip back to the Midwest this past July. Didn't feel the need to deal with the crowds of tourists and potential exposure. Everything was open and no one was wearing masks according to my cousins.

Would have expected a surge much sooner given the very small local population relative to all the visitors and lack of precaution (pre Sturgis.) Which is really what my skepticism of the Sturgis event is based. No doubt some spreading happened, how much, or more than the normal tourism is the question I really have. May never know....

I'm not a scientist and never played one on TV either, so its just my opinion.
__________________
I'm looking for 1970 or older Triumph 650 project, cheap and preferably complete. PM me if you have something - will provide it a good home.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:25 PM   #674
mrmarklin
Veteran
 
mrmarklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Burney, PRK
Motorcycles: Harley Crossbones, Harley-Davidson FatBob
Name: Dave
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
Unfortunately, I think you are right regardless of what you believe.
I'm always right. Far Right!
__________________
==================================
http://s166.photobucket.com/user/mrm...tml?sort=3&o=6
2008 Harley-Davidson CrossBones
103 cu in. kit by BFD Racing,

2019 Harley-Davidson FXFBS
Stage One kit
mrmarklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:56 PM   #675
redtail
only ones and zeroes
 
redtail's Avatar
 
Contributor + +

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Bay
Motorcycles: <LIFE><! Ride until..></LIFE>
Name: Jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
Unfortunately, I think you are right regardless of what you believe.
redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.