Notices

Old 03-27-2021, 09:18 AM   #241
Guoseph
Veteran

Contributor + 2%
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Husqvarna 701E, KTM 250 EXC-F
Name: Alex
And I'm talking small play around jumps, not clearing doubles or jumping street humps in SF like some YouTubers
Guoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:23 AM   #242
Guoseph
Veteran

Contributor + 2%
Barf Roadside Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankpage View Post
Iíd get a 690 Enduro if I was planning to ride like that
Two sets of wheels, best of both worlds. I think my 701E is a perfect 50/50 bike with the two sets of wheels

Last edited by Guoseph; 03-27-2021 at 09:38 AM..
Old 03-27-2021, 09:58 AM   #243
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Machines of God
Name: Ay Caramba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guoseph View Post
Two sets of wheels, best of both worlds. I think my 701E is a perfect 50/50 bike with the two sets of wheels
I had two sets and of wheels when I had mine but it ainít a simple swap. Between the two the rotor is a different diameter, the side stand is a different length, the steering stem cam needs to be rotated to fix the geometry between setups.
It wasnít a case of dirt riding in the morning and motard in the afternoon.

All that jumping looks cool in the ktm marketing but 99% of buyers ainít riding upstairs on SMCís.
Blankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:46 AM   #244
Guoseph
Veteran

Contributor + 2%
Barf Roadside Angel

I just use the enduro size rotor on my SM wheels and the swap is a lot faster. I haven't felt the need to change the geometry between the two setups but I dont ride that aggressively in the street. About a 20 minute job to swap back and forth. I also run the same sprockets and swap over the cush drive so there's no chain adjustment.
Old 04-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #245
JesasaurusRex
Deleted User

Contributor ++++++++

Motorcycles: Are Gay
Name: Jesse
So track day this weekend. Bought some leaded 110 which I was going to run straight but now I'm wondering if I should cut it with 93 just for $ sake. Maybe even 87 in the future. Thoughts?

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
JesasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #246
JesasaurusRex
Deleted User

Contributor ++++++++

anyhooo, wound up cutting it with a pump gas, 50/50. We shall see

In other news, did not think i'd like this blue sprocket at all. It's starting to grow on me though. Didn't want a steel sprocket, didn't want an aluminum one either, but the options are limited at 42 teeth so it was blue or orange. I wanted the dirt tricks one but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere. That one was chrome, which I'm also not thrilled about but figured it'd look better than blue or orange. Now i'm not so sure.

soliqsoliq - "Miatas can be cool I like to think of my bike as the Miata of motorcycles--underpowered and often considered a chick's vehicle..."
Old 04-04-2021, 07:24 PM   #247
Blankpage
alien

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: Machines of God
Name: Ay Caramba
All else being equal at least blue matches the rest of the bike over the other options mentioned
Blankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #248
banshee01
Veteran

Motorcycles: 21 150xcw 21 300xcw 20 Te250i 19 500excf 19fe501 12 kx100 04 bbr TTR150 01 kx 100 04 ttr125
Name: George
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post

In other news, did not think i'd like this blue sprocket at all. It's starting to grow on me though. Didn't want a steel sprocket, didn't want an aluminum one either, but the options are limited at 42 teeth so it was blue or orange. I wanted the dirt tricks one but I couldn't find it in stock anywhere. That one was chrome, which I'm also not thrilled about but figured it'd look better than blue or orange. Now i'm not so sure.

Damn nice bike. Makes me miss my 701. I just put in the super moto wheels on the 501 havent been able to go for a ride yet though
banshee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:58 PM   #249
JesasaurusRex
Deleted User

Contributor ++++++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankpage View Post
All else being equal at least blue matches the rest of the bike over the other options mentioned
ya but the color match isn't perfect. My ocd doesn't approve

Quote:
Originally Posted by banshee01 View Post
Damn nice bike. Makes me miss my 701. I just put in the super moto wheels on the 501 havent been able to go for a ride yet though
Appreciate it. 501 street legal conversion sounds like a blast

Old 04-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #250
Woody146
Back on 2!

Motorcycles: 2020 S1000RR M SPEC 2017 701 sm 2012 Yamaha FZ8(sold) 2015 BMW s1000R(R.I.P.) 2018 S1000r (R.I.P.)
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesasaurusRex View Post

looks great! buy all the husky billet parts!
Woody146 is offline   Reply With Quote