Old 02-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #31
buellistic
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: kool loud one + 11 more
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-rama View Post
Same with off-road capable SUVs. I bought a low miles Landcruiser 1.5 years ago for 12,000, which I thought was All the money, I've been getting notes on windshield and offers of up to 18k. Hard to get a grip on what's Actual Cash Value anymore.
Bizarre.
Landcruisers are now listed as Investment like stocks..

https://atticcapital.com/a-closer-lo...-land-cruiser/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210210-171611_Chrome.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	541589  

Last edited by buellistic; 02-12-2021 at 10:22 AM..
buellistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:45 AM   #32
cytocycle

Motorcycles: 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, 2013 Moto Guzzi V7n Racer, 1986 Yamaha SRX 600 Build in progress
Name:
Yeah it's actually pretty crazy in how just the $5 posting fee has pretty much crushed the posting of motocycles for sale.. Dirt Cheap and weeds out those douche bags that posts the same item up like 5 times like they use to do everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
To me I find it rather funny that folks balk at paying $5 to pay for an advertisement to sell $1,2,3,4,5K or more motorcycle. Have folks really become that penny wise and pound foolish? Remember the want ads in newspapers or the trader mags?

Craigslist is still by far the best search engine for buyers, which should mean something to sellers. Sold three bikes within the last year, all listed on craigslist, FB, and Barf. Two sold on craigslist and one from FB.

Just my experience and opinion.
cytocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 09:46 AM   #33
cytocycle

Motorcycles: 2009 Moto Guzzi Griso 1200, 2013 Moto Guzzi V7n Racer, 1986 Yamaha SRX 600 Build in progress
Name:
Yeah it's actually pretty crazy in how just the $5 posting fee has pretty much crushed the posting of motorcycles for sale.. Dirt Cheap and weeds out those douche bags that posts the same item up like 5 times like they use to do everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandF4i View Post
To me I find it rather funny that folks balk at paying $5 to pay for an advertisement to sell $1,2,3,4,5K or more motorcycle. Have folks really become that penny wise and pound foolish? Remember the want ads in newspapers or the trader mags?

Craigslist is still by far the best search engine for buyers, which should mean something to sellers. Sold three bikes within the last year, all listed on craigslist, FB, and Barf. Two sold on craigslist and one from FB.

Just my experience and opinion.
cytocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 10:10 AM   #34
NeilInPacifica
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: 2017 FZ-09 2016 12GS, 2015 Versys 650
Name: Neil
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTraffic View Post
My take is that covid-19 has put a damper on every used market. If you look in the used car section, there's also a lot less supply than usual. From a seller's perspective, I believe most want to avoid in-person contact. It's also "winter" time, so the used mc market is also dryer until March/April when we're out of rain season.

I've had pretty good luck on FB marketplace, you just need to filter listings to local pickup only. FB Marketplace doesn't allow for lengthy text descriptions so follow-up communication is usually a a necessity in comparison to the cl format.
The entire supply chain is mucked up. Fewer new bikes means fewer used bikes for sale. I've been waiting months for a new bike from the dealer, they just don't have them.
NeilInPacifica is offline   Reply With Quote