ScorpioVI
كافر ლ(ಠ益ಠლ

AMA #: 1076930
Founding Member
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: KTM 990 ADV
Name: Alan
Vacaville PD press release...

So what they're saying is, the state with the strictest anti-gun laws in the nation can't keep guns out of the hands of bad guys. I think we need to pass a law against that.

You gotta love those pistols that can fire 28mm rifle rounds! I want some of that!

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/VacavillePo...65559876765193

In just over the past 3 weeks, how many guns have Vacaville PD officers safely removed from arrestees?
Stop and take a quick guess. Don’t worry, we’ll enjoy a delicious donut while you ponder.

[cue Jeopardy music]

Have a guess? Good. Let’s see how close you are.

On Thursday, April 22nd, an officer pulled over a vehicle due to multiple vehicle code violations. The two rear passengers were Eric Tyson Jr. (35, Fairfield) and Bud Landers (50, Vacaville), and Mr. Landers was on active CDC Parole. All occupants complied with officer commands and were safely removed from the vehicle. During a subsequent parole search, a loaded Ruger-57 firearm was located in the trunk area within easy reach to both men. A Ruger-57 is a pistol that can fire 28mm rifle rounds. Both Mr. Tyson Jr. and Mr. Landers are convicted felons and were booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms charges.

On Friday, April 22nd, an officer stopped a vehicle for multiple vehicle code violations and knowledge that the registered owner was associated with a recently discovered explosive device in a storage facility. The officer learned the driver, Darryl Jaime (26, Dixon) had a loaded .45 Kimber subcompact handgun in the center console. Mr. Jaime complied with the officer’s commands and was detained without incident. Suspected cocaine was also located in the car, and Mr. Jaime was booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms charges and another related to the explosive device.

On Saturday, April 24th, an officer stopped a vehicle due to multiple vehicle code violations and found the driver, Anthony Wilson (38, Sacramento) had a suspended license. While initially somewhat uncooperative with officers, Mr. Wilson eventually complied with the officer’s commands and exited the vehicle so it could be legally towed. During a subsequent inventory search of the vehicle, a loaded Springfield XD .45 caliber firearm with a high-capacity magazine was found, and Mr. Wilson was booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms charges.

Later that same Saturday, an individual called to report a road range incident where another driver brandished a handgun at them. Responding officers collected information, began scouring city traffic cameras for evidence, and located the suspect vehicle in the downtown bar area. When the vehicle left, it was stopped, and officers learned there was indeed a gun in the car. A loaded 9mm MP Shield handgun was found in the center console, and Keith Lee Jr. (30, Vacaville) was booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms charges.

The next day, April 25th, another person reported another driver brandishing a handgun at them during a road rage incident. The caller gave a driver description, vehicle description, and partial plate, which allowed officers to quickly locate the other vehicle nearby. The lone occupant, Keon Harrison (20, Vallejo) complied with officer’s commands and was safely detained. Officers found an unregistered, loaded .40 Smith & Wesson handgun tucked into a child’s car seat, and Mr. Harrison was booked into the Solano County Jail in various firearms charges.

On Thursday, April 29th, officers responded to a local motel regarding a vandalism in progress, and found James Oldroyd (53, Vacaville) in his truck. He was found to be uninvolved, but was clearly intoxicated, and instructed not to drive. Well, he did drive off, was stopped, and arrested for DUI. An inventory search of his truck revealed an unregistered, loaded 9mm Ruger handgun behind the driver’s seat. Mr. Oldroyd was arrested on DUI and firearms charges.

On Friday, April 30th, an officer stopped a vehicle due to a vehicle code violation and discovered the driver, Hugo Gonzalez (32, Vallejo) did not have a valid driver’s license. Mr. Gonzalez complied with the officer’s commands and was safely removed from the vehicle, where the officer observed suspected cocaine in plain view. Officers also located an unregistered, loaded 9mm Taurus handgun under the driver’s seat, and Mr. Gonzalez was booked into the Solano County Jail on narcotics and firearm charges.

The next day, May 1st, an officer stopped a vehicle due to various vehicle code violations and leaned the driver had a suspended license. Both occupants complied with the officer’s commands and were safely detained. A consent and inventory search revealed a loaded, 9mm Glock handgun in the vehicle. Investigation revealed it belonged to the passenger, Kevin Montoya Gonzalez (21, San Francisco). The gun had been reported stolen in San Francisco in February, and more troublingly, had a selector switch installed that allowed the gun to be switched to a fully automatic weapon. Mr. Gonzalez was booked into the Solano County Jail on firearms charges.
Barely over an hour later, bar staff at Cheers called and mentioned they’d just closed, and heard what they believed to be a gun shot, and their front window was shattered. When officers arrived, they found a Subaru in front of the bar, engine running, driver door open with one shell casing on the ground, and nobody around. A loaded 9mm Smith & Wesson handgun was located under the driver seat. Witnesses saw a man in the car when the shot was heard, and when the same individual returned, he complied with officer’s commands and was safely detained. Officers learned Nolan Cornell (23, Vallejo) had reportedly accidentally discharged his firearm while handling it when leaving the bar. Mr. Cornell was booked into the Solano County Jail on firearms charges.

On Tuesday, May 4th officers responded to the 500 block of Arcadia Dr. regarding intoxicated subjects causing a disturbance. They located Eduardo Cervantes II (28, Fairfield) who is on active Post-Release Community Supervision (PRCS). Mr. Cervantes complied with the officer’s commands and was safely detained. During a subsequent PRCS search, officers located suspected methamphetamine and a loaded .357 Winchester revolver that had been reported stolen in Vacaville few days prior. Mr. Cervantes is a convicted felon and was booked into the Solano County Jail on firearm and narcotics charges.

The next day, May 5th, an officer stopped a vehicle due to multiple vehicle code violations and discovered the driver, Nishad Scruggs (26, Vacaville) had a suspended driver license and was also on felony probation out of Sacramento for firearms offenses. Mr. Scruggs complied with the officer’s commands and was safely detained. During a probation search, officers located a loaded, unregistered 9mm Glock handgun, with an extended magazine, hidden in the steering column. Mr. Scruggs was booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms and probation violation charges.

On Thursday, May 13th, an officer noticed a driver that appeared to be slumped over the wheel, and a DUI investigation began. As the driver, Walter Sims (38, Sacramento) was exiting the vehicle, an alert cover officer saw a handgun in his sweatshirt pocket, and notified the other officers on-scene. Mr. Sims was safely detained, and a loaded, .40 Smith & Wesson handgun was removed from his sweatshirt pocket. The gun had been reported stolen in Las Vegas in 2019. Mr. Sims is a convicted felon and was booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms charges.

The same day, a Crime Impact Team (CIT) Detective stopped a pickup truck due to a vehicle code violation and the driver provided a false name. He was quickly and properly identified as Steven Singleton (33, Fairfield) and was found to be on Sacramento County felony probation and have several active felony warrants for his arrest. Following his arrest, Detectives located a .38 Smith & Wesson revolver and a Civil War era Colt 1851 Navy Percussion revolver, suspected methamphetamine, counterfeit currency, evidence of identity theft, and numerous realistic-looking replica firearms in the truck. Mr. Singleton was booked into the Solano County Jail on a variety of weapons, narcotics, and identity theft-related charges.

The next day, May 14th, CIT Detectives attempted to stop a car that was seen driving recklessly, and was known to be associated with Matthew Braunschweig (34, Fairfield), who was on felony probation with active warrants for his arrest. Though the vehicle attempted to flee, Detectives were able to stop it in the Goodwill parking lot, and discovered Mr. Braunschweig had a loaded, 9mm Smith & Wesson handgun in his waistband. Mr. Braunschweig complied with the Detectives’ commands, was quickly detained, and the gun was safely retrieved. During closer examination, it became evident the firearm’s serial number had been intentionally obliterated. Mr. Braunschweig was book into the Solano County Jail on account of his 6 (yes, six) warrants, and various firearms charges.

The next day, May 15th, an officer stopped a car due to multiple vehicle code violations found the driver to be argumentative while another passenger appeared extremely nervous. After developing probable cause to search the vehicle, officers located a loaded 9mm Smith & Wesson handgun concealed in a backpack by the driver, as well as another loaded gun, a Glock 31C platform, chambered in .357 Sig, with an extended magazine, and had also been modified for fully automatic fire. The Glock platform had been reported stolen out of San Jose. Further investigation showed the firearms belonged to Gerrod Davis (37, Daly City) and Darius Butler (21, Vallejo), respectively. Both were booked into the Solano County Jail on various firearms charges.

17 guns in 24 days.

Compliance makes a difference. We are grateful that all the arrestees complied with officers’ commands, and all of us here at Vacaville PD will continue to do everything we can to keep our community safe.

Media inquiries:
Sgt. Potter at 707-469-4827 (Tyson, Landers, Oldroyd, Montoya Gonzalez, Cornell, Cervantes)
MPO Lopez at 707-469-4893 (Jaime, Wilson)
Sgt. Lechuga at 707-449-5269 (Harrison)
Sgt. Miller at 707-469-4867 (Gonzalez)
MPO King at 707-469-4839 (Scruggs)
MPO McCoy at 707-469-6611 (Sims)
Sgt. Willis 707-449-5252 (Singleton, Braunschweig)
MPO Casalnuovo at 707-449-5290 (Butler, Davis)

My Ride Reports:
Solo On The Carrizo
¿Por que Baja?
A Little Taste of the Alps

Martin Dykier a.k.a. "fifthrival", 9/9/75 - 1/25/03
William James Lockwood a.k.a. "B12Bill/RydTher", 8/13/67 - 4/21/08

"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Vlad Taltos (Jhereg) x

Last edited by ScorpioVI; 05-17-2021 at 12:56 PM..
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
Sharxfan
Veteran

Motorcycles: SV1000 s
Name:
28mm rounds that's like the size of the warthog cannon rounds good luck controlling that in a pistol.

Damn those California gun laws are working awesome right. I am sure that all of them were roster guns also right?

All you need to do is look at shootings and you will see they are mostly congregated around areas with the strictest gun laws but they never learn..
Sharxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #3
bikewanker
Veteran

AMA #: 178394
Contributor ++++++++++++1%

Motorcycles: TR-650x2, , Rapid Taxi RR, Tiger 1050, ZX-6r, '81 1002 F
Name: chris
Glad no officers we’re hurt! Makes me wonder about the no bail movement. I’m also curious about this steering column hidey hole.

"tis better to wank here than in the hereafter" M.S. Murphy.
"Rivers and roads lead people on" Georgia O'Keeffe

Be Well Ride Well
bikewanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #4
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
Sounds like we need more vehicle codes.

The bulk of them were unregistered, so clearly no legally purchased.

Criminals criminalling...amazing.
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:59 PM   #5
Slow Goat
Fun Junkie

Motorcycles: Make me feel better about life...
Name: Bob
The Ruger 57 is a little cartridge, the bullet itself is a .224 (5.70mm), basically a fast .22. The "28mm" is the length of the case not the projectile dimension.

The report highlights the Trashy Trifecta: arrest warrants, guns and meth.

Last edited by Slow Goat; 05-18-2021 at 11:00 PM..
Slow Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #6
bergmen
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Name: Dan
...also I've never seen a .357 Winchester revolver either...
bergmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 02:09 PM   #7
berth
Veteran

Name:
What you never watched those cowboy movies!?

Everyone carried Winchesters!
#69 #45 NP
Old 05-18-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
bergmen
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2014 Yamaha FJR1300A
Name: Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by berth View Post
What you never watched those cowboy movies!?

Everyone carried Winchesters!
Yeah, especially the 1892 Winchester rifles in scenes set in 1885...

Dan
bergmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:22 PM   #9
scootergmc
old and slow

Motorcycles: Honda HT3813 (x2), Cub Cadet 147, Oliver 1655, Super 88, Cat 15 (x2), Yam FJR
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by berth View Post
Sounds like we need more vehicle codes.

The bulk of them were unregistered, so clearly no legally purchased.

Criminals criminalling...amazing.

Registration is a misnomer in California. Dealer records of sales and acquisitions for the most part may exist, but registrations in general outside goofy "assault weapons" laws, no.
scootergmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:42 PM   #10
berth
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootergmc View Post
Registration is a misnomer in California.
It's impossible to legally buy an unregistered firearm today in California. The only unregistered firearms in CA are grandfathered in, but they can not be legally transferred without being registered to the new owner. Even C&R firearms are registered as far as I know, only those very old firearms that are simply not considered firearms are exempt (because they're not "firearms").

It's not illegal to posses, or own an unregistered firearm, or even shoot one at a range. But it's illegal to carry one. Carrying a concealed pistol without a permit is a misdemeanor. Carrying an unregistered pistol (concealed or not) is a felony.

But the point being that these are people with unregistered firearms, since, save perhaps for that .357 Winchester revolver, are all modern firearms, well past the pistol registration laws of over 20 years ago.

Therefor, they are the artifacts of an illegal transfer of ownership in California.
#69 #45 NP
Old 05-19-2021, 02:22 PM   #11
scootergmc
old and slow

Motorcycles: Honda HT3813 (x2), Cub Cadet 147, Oliver 1655, Super 88, Cat 15 (x2), Yam FJR
Name:
Like I said, registration is a misnomer.
scootergmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:57 AM   #12
Nucking Futs
Veteran

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor+++++++++++++ +++++++++++1%

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Can someone explain why the gas chamber block on the glock in picture 9 is sticking out like that?
I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #13
JMardy
More head - less ass

Contributor + + + + + 8%

Motorcycles: KTMs! '13 RC8R, '16 Super Duke SE, 690 Enduro/SMC
Name: Haywood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
Can someone explain why the gas chamber block on the glock in picture 9 is sticking out like that?
I don't think I've ever seen that before.
Chinese fun switch.
https://www.google.com/search?q=gloc...conversion+kit

Last edited by JMardy; 06-09-2021 at 01:41 PM..
JMardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #14
ctwo
Merely Rhetorical

Respectful Contributor

Motorcycles: motato
Name: Heyou
I'm a little confused at the premise. "17 guns in 24 days." seems like a lot of guns being taken away from the bad guys...
Old 06-10-2021, 06:07 AM   #15
DrSwade
...for limited time...

Motorcycles: .why you gotta pick my scabs?
Name: Rob
Absolutely cringe worthy.

When I registered my Glock99 28mm, they didn’t say anything about my selector switch being modified. As long as I don’t keep it in my within reach trunk I’m good to go.
Good thing I registered it.
Even better that I don’t drive a vehicle with multiple vehicle code violations. That was back in my VW days for that.
DrSwade is offline   Reply With Quote