Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Reviews & Recommendations

Old 12-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Ozymandias
Veteran

Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: '78 Suzuki GS550, '09 BMW R1200GS Adventure, '09 R6 Race, 2015 RSV4 Factory
Name: Paul
Rev'it Infinity!

Rev'it finally released their inifinity riding suit. While I wasn't QUITE prepared financially to buy it, it was $200 cheaper if you buy before Jan1 so I jumped on it.

It came in today and I'm REALLY impressed with it. It's slightly lighter than "the stitch" but I can't tell you any other differences between it and the stitch as I've never used one.

I haven't hit the rain with it yet but I took a quick jaunt up to the corners to see how it feels over all. It's extremely comfortable both on and off the bike. I'm 6' 220lbs and I bought the XL. It cut it pretty close in fitting size to a small degree. With my slight belly it tends to pull up the leg just a little but nothing that's a problem by any means. This suit could easily fit a guy with my height and 230 maybe as much as 240.

It comes complete with full armor at the knees, hips, shoulder, back and elbows. Most suits I've seen you have to pay extra for certain parts of the armor (hips or back for example) which I'm proud to say this doesn't and it's not the "standard" crappy back protector. It's nice and solid. Not track ready by any means but it's not just a piece of cardboard either.

What I love most is the fact that that there's not a velcro cover for the zippers. Instead they used the same kind of zippers that are used in dry diving suits and there's only a grand total of 6 zippers on the suit. 2 for closing it up (one up the right leg and the other from the left leg to the neck) and to rather small ones to open for airflow on right and left sides of the back and chest. There are a few flaps that cover the zippers in certain areas but they are just flaps to help direct water but the airflow zippers are covered completely.

I'm one of those kinds of people that are little mobile heaters so I put out a lot of body heat. Summer months are always a bit more of a problem for me than winter for that reason. I tossed the suit on today over VERY basic street clothes (jeans and a long sleeve medium thickness t-shirt) and I was not cold, however a little bit more so than my other jacket on the upper body due to slightly more airflow than my joe rocket. My legs, didn't feel any coldness at all.

There is a small pocket in the upper left chest that will allow passing the cable through for heated gear and from the looks of it that might be the weakest point for water to get through and it's so deeply layered I doubt water can get through unless it's gale force weather that no one in their right mind would be out in let alone on 2 wheels.

There are only 3 pockets on the suit but that's all anyone really needs in the grand scheme. Right chest, and both hips. They are double folded flaps with velcro so I highly doubt anything in those pockets will have an issue.

According to Rev'it there's several layers in the material, the second being the waterproofing layer. But also according to them (and pretty much everyone else) the stitching is a potential weak point on any suit. On the inside of the suit all stitches are sealed with a waterproofing layer that's been heat treated to the suit.

From the looks of things and the way the suit felt on my short jaunt, it's going to do an excellent job keeping me dry as well as protected while still being very comfortable. Aside from a little pull I had on my upper arms while I'm still adjusting it to fit correctly (and getting back down below 200lbs) it fit me like a glove.

I plan on writing a more detailed review later and I'll put it on my personal site when it's done and link here. I'm finding myself actually excited for the next rain I get to ride in to see how this suit will hold up rather than just dealing with it and the slightly wet crotch that usually comes with riding in the rain. But if you have any questions, since I know I'm an early adopter of the suit (which I'm usually deadly against) I'd be very happy to answer any questions. This suit will pretty has much become my every day suit so when I attend meets it will be along with me for viewing pleasure.
AFM #331

Dunlop Tires - Woodcraft accessories - Yoshimura - MotoGloss - Oxymoron Photography

Undisputed Heavy Weight Champion... if it's undisputed, WHAT'S ALL THE FIGHTING ABOUT?!? - George Carlin

Learn why wearing gear is so important, check out my story here.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
Ozymandias
Veteran

Contributor +++ 1%

Motorcycles: '78 Suzuki GS550, '09 BMW R1200GS Adventure, '09 R6 Race, 2015 RSV4 Factory
After the ride into the city from Vallejo in this rain... WOW! The only thing that got wet were my pant legs from the suit having ridden up just a hair and the water wicked up my pant leg about 2 inches. This suit is amazing! This might be the single best purchase I've ever made when it comes to riding gear.
AFM #331

Dunlop Tires - Woodcraft accessories - Yoshimura - MotoGloss - Oxymoron Photography

Undisputed Heavy Weight Champion... if it's undisputed, WHAT'S ALL THE FIGHTING ABOUT?!? - George Carlin

Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
plumber
Banned

Motorcycles: BMW R1200RT
Name: Clive
pics?
plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
island4bobo

Motorcycles: eyeing BMW F650GS?
Name:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/infinity/

Hope this helps.
island4bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #5
picuplouie
2nd Class Boy Scout

Contributor

Motorcycles: N/A
Name:
I want to go see one these bad boys in person. Where did you go to buy the Rev'it Infinity @?
Old 01-19-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
Ozymandias
Veteran

Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by picuplouie View Post
I want to go see one these bad boys in person. Where did you go to buy the Rev'it Infinity @?
I actually bought mine online because I couldn't find a place locally that had one. I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime so you can check it out though. I hope to make it to the skips meet this week and I work in SF on the embarcadero.
AFM #331

Old 01-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
VtownMac
Veteran

Motorcycles: who knows
Name:
So that was you I saw on Broadway the other day with the full gray Rev'it suit. I was admiring your bike until i noticed that you were wearing low top shoes and I could see your socks between your pant leg and your shoes. I kept thinking, BOOTS! I'm not a gear Nazi, I just thought it looked a little funny.

BTW, sweet bike. I'm jealous. And way to support the local Kawi shop.
VtownMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:00 AM   #8
Ozymandias
Veteran

Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtownMac View Post
So that was you I saw on Broadway the other day with the full gray Rev'it suit. I was admiring your bike until i noticed that you were wearing low top shoes and I could see your socks between your pant leg and your shoes. I kept thinking, BOOTS! I'm not a gear Nazi, I just thought it looked a little funny.

BTW, sweet bike. I'm jealous. And way to support the local Kawi shop.
It might have been me. Depends on which day. But I never wear low top shoes... ever while riding. The boots I normally wear are just over the ankle and there was ONE day I had a few sudden errands I had to run so I tossed it on over sweats. While these boots aren't really what I would prefer, at the time I needed something that I could wear comfortably all day since I was on and off the bike all day long. They cover my ankles and everything just fine

What was the rider you were talking about on?
AFM #331

Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
VtownMac
Veteran

Motorcycles: who knows
Name:
The KLR.
VtownMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 AM   #10
Ozymandias
Veteran

Contributor +++ 1%

Ah, yeah. I was finishing up the 25 mile break in. I was wearing my "garage sweats". so yeah, that would have been why you saw socks heh
AFM #331

Old 01-19-2009, 05:14 PM   #11
picuplouie
2nd Class Boy Scout

Contributor

Motorcycles: N/A
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I actually bought mine online because I couldn't find a place locally that had one. I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime so you can check it out though. I hope to make it to the skips meet this week and I work in SF on the embarcadero.
Sounds good. Just keep me posted. If you make it out that way I'll probably end up going too.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #12
Ozymandias
Veteran

Contributor +++ 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by picuplouie View Post
Sounds good. Just keep me posted. If you make it out that way I'll probably end up going too.
I'm definitely going to go to the skips meet tomorrow so if you want to see it, that's a great chance to do so
AFM #331

Old 01-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #13
radvas
Veteran

Motorcycles: not nearly enough
Name: Richard
I wanted one of those for over a year, and kept watching all the launch delays. Now I'm not commuting on the bike all that much so I'm not pressed to go buy one right away.
radvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
heinz
Banned

Motorcycles: buell XB9SX
Name:
Thumbs up Check this baby out people...

Hey guys...ive been looking for a summer riding suit for myself...and this one here seems to have EVERY bell and whistle ...check this out...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=433219&page=4

i'd be interested to hera wat u guys think bout this...im a newbie..so i cud use some advice coz im seriously considering one of these
heinz is offline   Reply With Quote