Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Group Rides (scheduled, w/date in the title)

Old 09-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
jmenon10k
jmenon

Motorcycles: Kawaski ZZR1200 H2
Name: James
Sonoma Raceway Wednesday Night Drags 9-19

Super last min. I am going to hit up Wednesday night drags at sonoma raceway this afternoon.

If your bike can do over 120 in the 1/4 mile you have to have a full leather riding suit. All bikes require gloves, full face SNELL approved helmet Less than 5 yrs old. boots over ankles.

They are super strict on the helmet. Not many SNELL helmets out there these days. DOT is not enough on its own.

Its bracket racing so around 6pm they will ask you to "dial" or give your predicted time. Rider that gets the closest to their Dial without going faster wins.. They also add in your reaction time.

Its $25 and a lot of fun. Only a handful of these events left before they shut it down for the winter.

I will be on my brock's stage 2 Ninja H2. . and not getting on it too hard.. not easy bike to launch. 250HP to the ground on a lightish bike is a handful.

Best to arrive as early as you can track opens at 330. If your there by then you will get about 3-5 practice runs before elimination. there are few guys that will likely beat us all on bikes that are not fast but very consistent. So your lucky to get past 1-2 rounds in elimination.
jmenon10k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
HadesOmega
Veteran

Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Empulse TT, ZR7, DR650, KLR650, 750 Turbo, Warrior 350, KLX140L
Name: Merlin
oh man a H2! I won't be out there tonight but when I get the clutch changed on my ZR7 I'll head out there.

There is a Weds Night Drags thread in the General forum also:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...524592&page=14
HadesOmega is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #3
jmenon10k
jmenon

Be there around 4

Yep seen that thread. Should be a fun night.. cool temps light wind. I should be at the track by 4ish
Old 09-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #4
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadesOmega View Post
oh man a H2! [/URL]
Oh man! Wish I could be out there just to see the H2 in the flesh.

Good luck; don't forget, go on the last yellow!
Old 09-20-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
jmenon10k
jmenon

took trophy home

For bike they use a pro light. so as soon as both bikes are staged. All 3 yellow light up then fraction of sec later green.

So you go on the all 3 yellow.

I have ridden the H2 with the tune about 5-6 times on the street. Its a handful. But you do not get a sense of the power till you get it on a rubber lined drag strip. It is beyond insane. I could not open the throttle all the way in any gear.

Front wheel is up. I used the Launch control as i was getting 1.9 60 ft times with it and felt that was good enough and much safer.

best was 10.81 but with very high trap speeds like 145.. you can see how a much more brave and skilled rider could go easy to low 9's or high 8's even. When the front wheel comes up at 130+mph the aero dynamics change and it freaks you out. I left the traction control on the lowest setting.

My 2016 does not have a IMU or true wheelie control. the traction control will just see front wheel up from abs sensor and cuts power.

I think if you just hang on through the wheelies.. it will be ok. Its a bike that your doing the almost entire 1/4 mile on the back tire.

Threw not many bikes there and some key breakouts by others I did get runner up. Lost in final to a Bmw 1000r by .1 of sec on same 10.8 dials. front wheel came up too much in 3rd.. had to let off I would have likely won.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	42233070_10156726838666532_1868893184210239488_o.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	513177  
Old 09-21-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
EastBayDave
- Kawasaki Fanatic -

Founding Member
From the heart

Motorcycles: ZRX1200
Name: "Dave"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmenon10k View Post
For bike they use a pro light. so as soon as both bikes are staged. All 3 yellow light up then fraction of sec later green.

So you go on the all 3 yellow.

I have ridden the H2 with the tune about 5-6 times on the street. Its a handful. But you do not get a sense of the power till you get it on a rubber lined drag strip. It is beyond insane. I could not open the throttle all the way in any gear.

Front wheel is up. I used the Launch control as i was getting 1.9 60 ft times with it and felt that was good enough and much safer.

best was 10.81 but with very high trap speeds like 145.. you can see how a much more brave and skilled rider could go easy to low 9's or high 8's even. When the front wheel comes up at 130+mph the aero dynamics change and it freaks you out. I left the traction control on the lowest setting.

My 2016 does not have a IMU or true wheelie control. the traction control will just see front wheel up from abs sensor and cuts power.

I think if you just hang on through the wheelies.. it will be ok. Its a bike that your doing the almost entire 1/4 mile on the back tire.

Threw not many bikes there and some key breakouts by others I did get runner up. Lost in final to a Bmw 1000r by .1 of sec on same 10.8 dials. front wheel came up too much in 3rd.. had to let off I would have likely won.
Thanks for the very nice write-up. Cool!
Old 09-21-2018, 12:21 PM   #7
HadesOmega
Veteran

Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Empulse TT, ZR7, DR650, KLR650, 750 Turbo, Warrior 350, KLX140L
Name: Merlin
HadesOmega is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:42 PM   #8
discoganya
Veteran

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Hayabusa
Name:
Very cool, thanks for the write up.

Did you have a ZZR1200? I think I remember you from that forum...
discoganya is offline   Reply With Quote