BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Non Moto Activities

Notices

Old 04-08-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
2nsane
Retired Coastie

Contributor + BB

Motorcycles: none right now. sold them all.
Name: Danno
Golf

who are the golfers of this house?

what irons you use, Driver, Woods, and Putter. Left/Right Hand?
club speed.

Im just getting started. I have played one round in my life just a couple weeks ago and decided I would invest in some clubs.

Left handed.
picked up a Callaway Razr fit 9.5 driver, Razr Fit 5 wood and a Odyssey
Metal X 2-Ball putter. Still Looking for a set of lefty Irons on sale. Im a poor bastard these day's lol. im also slow as hell with a weak ass 86mph swing

Goldmember of the Barf Chapter of the Ancient Order of TrustyGOLDEN Shellbacks
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government

Last edited by 2nsane; 04-08-2014 at 03:53 PM..
2nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #2
NorCalAthlete
O_o

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: .
Name:
TaylorMade R7, 9° driver
No other woods
Callaway X20 Tour irons
120-ish mph club speed

Used to regularly shoot about 6-8 over. Now I'm at about twice that :|

I hit my 3 iron 200+, so no real need for fairway woods. I hit my 9 about 160+...
Your views on any given subject are the sum of the media that you take in, scaled to the weight of the credibility of the source that provides it, seen through a lens of your own values, goals, and achievements.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Wheel horsepower is just crank horsepower after taxes.

Last edited by NorCalAthlete; 04-08-2014 at 05:47 PM..
NorCalAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #3
TheRobSJ
Großer Mechaniker

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: No bike until I have a bigger garage.
Name: Rob
I can go 200+ with my 3 iron if I get all of it and it actually doesn't take a huge slice. Much more consistently straight and about as far if I use my hybrid. I think it's like an 18 degree Nike CPR.
TheRobSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
NorCalAthlete
O_o

Contributor +++

Name:
I just played Sunnyvale on Sunday. Nice course, decent price, shitty snack shack management, not the friendliest pro shop. Got stuck behind slow groups and after only 8 holes in 3 hours (and me and my friend were in a cart) we called it and went back in and asked for a partial refund/voucher for 9 holes or something. Guy looked at me like I'd just asked Wall Street to make a kindly donation of $1,000,000,000 to the nearest homeless man.

Snack shack little asian lady on the 3rd hole has a sign that says domestic beer - $4, import beer - $5, cocktails/hard stuff - $6-$8. I ask for a can of Stella and she goes ok, hands it to me, I hand her my card, she swipes it and gives me the receipt to sign...and it says $6 on the receipt. I'm like "wtf? Your sign says this should be, at the most, $5." she just goes "you sign you want beer". Signed it, then found out she charged the guys behind me $4 for a gatorade instead of $3.50 like her sign said. Asked the management in the bar upstairs and they go "oh, yeah she's one of the manager's mothers or something so we can't really do anything about her. Sorry she overcharged you." :|

Let's be honest here - I know I'm going to be ripped off if I don't bring my own brew anyway. But at least be fucking honest about it.
Your views on any given subject are the sum of the media that you take in, scaled to the weight of the credibility of the source that provides it, seen through a lens of your own values, goals, and achievements.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #5
TheRobSJ
Großer Mechaniker

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: No bike until I have a bigger garage.
Name: Rob
Remember Rodney's tour bag in Caddyshack? With the tap. Yeah. We need that to be something for reals. Right now.
TheRobSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #6
sportsluvr
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: One i'm still tryin to learn
Name:
Got myself a discount card at Santa Clara Golf Club and go there only to the range.

I carry a 9 Driver Wood and a 9-iron. I don't think I enjoy it that much though.
sportsluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
Teddy
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: '08 DRZ400SM, '01 YZ250F
Name:
If you stood on the proper side of the ball I could have hooked you up!

Swing speed is only important if timing and contact are good.....

I LOVE golf. Only get to play every other month if I'm lucky.

I hit my Driver about 150yards....3 iron about 115, PW about 65........

Anyone want to go play? $100/hole, birdies double

Callaway FT-5 Driver, Callaway Diablo Tour 3 metal, Titleist 755 P-5iron, Titleist 690mb 3&4 iron, Vokey 56 & 60 wedges.....putter depends on the day, usually my Cameron Newport or my Oddyssey Mini-T. If I play regularaly I put the 690mb irons in the bag, but usually don't play enough to break out the blades anymore.

Last edited by Teddy; 04-09-2014 at 06:02 PM..
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
2nsane
Retired Coastie

Contributor + BB

Finally ordered some irons. Callaway Razr x black's. Should be better than a cheap ass box set lol

Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government
Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
NorCalAthlete
O_o

Contributor +++

Name:
Callaway Irons rock. I really need to get out and play more. BARF golf outing next weekend if the weather holds out?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #10
mikev
»»───knee───►

Contributor + + + +

Name:
I've been taking my boys (11 & 8) out to the little Par3 course at Las Positas. That's about all I have time for anyway.

My swing is fucking garbage now the mechanics are way off since I separated my shoulder.

lying on the stones on the shore. in the dark. muscles torn. bones broken. heart aching. waiting for the tide to rise and take you into sweet oblivion. and then dawn breaks. and the glow flows over you. and you open a swollen eye, and cry at the beauty of the sun on the horizon. and think maybe...maybe you can pull yourself up - and make it one more day. maybe. one more day. and you rise.
mikev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
Teddy
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
I'm hoping to go out and play next week....its been a few months and I'm dying to play. I love golf

...and I was just kidding about the $100/hole if anyone wants to go play sometime . I'm honestly all over the place with scoring. One day I'll shoot 10 over, next day 1 under....no method to the madness, probably what keeps me coming back....hahaha. I don't have a USGA handicap anymore, but my yardage/scoring app estimates I'm a 5, which is probably about right.

I'd love to try out some of the California Am events one of these summers....should probably get back on establishing a real USGA handicap so I can enter and get humbled...
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
2nsane
Retired Coastie

Contributor + BB

Ok anyone got a hookup on sun mountain c130 bags? All I need now is a Cart bag and it's go time lol.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #13
NorCalAthlete
O_o

Contributor +++

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
I'm hoping to go out and play next week....its been a few months and I'm dying to play. I love golf

...and I was just kidding about the $100/hole if anyone wants to go play sometime . I'm honestly all over the place with scoring. One day I'll shoot 10 over, next day 1 under....no method to the madness, probably what keeps me coming back....hahaha. I don't have a USGA handicap anymore, but my yardage/scoring app estimates I'm a 5, which is probably about right.

I'd love to try out some of the California Am events one of these summers....should probably get back on establishing a real USGA handicap so I can enter and get humbled...
If the weather holds out this weekend, hit me up and let's play on Saturday.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #14
Teddy
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
If the weather holds out this weekend, hit me up and let's play on Saturday.
One of the good and bad things about my job.....I'll never play golf on Saturday...hahaha. But I get to play cheap during the week! I might try and go out Monday this week.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #15
Ducky_Fresh
Treasure Hunter

Founding Member
Contributor + + + + +
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: Virtual Moto
Name: Ev
My clubs:

Driver: Titleist 913 - 9.5 degree - A3 Tuned (Face in to counter slices)
Wood: Titleist 913D-H - 17 degree (tuned in)
Irons: Henry Griffits IS-1 - +6 (toe up, custom clubs)
Wedge: Vokey SM4 60 degree - 10 degree bounce
Putter: Cleveland Classic HB1

I've been playing for about 3 years now. I got some instruction and the custom clubs when I got fit. I am worried the instructor/fitter put me on these IS-1's, which weren't cheap, and it was a little pre-mature. I think I should have gotten more understanding of how my swing needed correcting. I am about a 21 handicap, my biggest problem is a slice on drives. My putting needs a little work to get more consistent 2 puts. My mid game is probably the strongest part of my game. I think I have the potential to get under a consistent 10 over, which would be good for me.

Also, I joined Coyote Creek's strokes club, which is now my home course.

Looking for some better instruction without having to pay an arm and a leg.
Ducky_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote