Veteran

AMA #: 2817058
BARFie winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor+++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++3%
Barf Roadside Angel and more!

Motorcycles: Different strokes Big Bore and little bore Thumpers
Name:
Do you have it? Covid-19

It almost carries the stigma of AiIDs. Are any barfers exibiting symptoms? Have you been exposed but feel fine?

I'm coming clean.

For almost a week I have had fever and chills
Yesterday I felt it move into my chest
I can still taste and smell
Symptoms are not severe enough to merit testing-call if they get worse

FWIW, I was advised a few days ago that a family where I had been working 2 weeks prior have all tested positive.

I'd like more information, I'd like to be tested, I'd like to know how quickly this freaking thing accelerates.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoyf View Post
DMV test is not there to teach or prove you can ride the bike, it is there to prove that you can control the bike.
HOHO
Melissa"everyone does have issues, it is what makes us all so very interesting. Psychoanalysis however could be left to the professionals."
ThumperX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
No.... but from my boat I am sending hugs, my best and good juju G.

I don’t know anyone with it at this point.
budman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:39 PM   #3
ThumperX
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
No.... but from my boat I am sending hugs, my best and good juju G.

I donít know anyone with it at this point.
well, now you might
I spoke with others who ae also feeling symptoms and they are also being told "no test" just isolate. I think the numbers are much higher on this thing than any of us know.
Treat a feral woman with respect, once trust is earned she may start bringing you food.
Quote:
DMV test is not there to teach or prove you can ride the bike, it is there to prove that you can control the bike.
HOHO
Melissa"everyone does have issues, it is what makes us all so very interesting. Psychoanalysis however could be left to the professionals."
Old 03-27-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
BARFie Winner 2021
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Work: BMW R1250RT-P Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
I already posted this. I had a scare on March 17th. Had a dry cough that started on March 14th and a very slight breathing difference by the 17th. There was a tickling in my upper lungs that felt weird. When I came home I had a slightly elevated 99.2į temperature. I went in and had a common virus respiratory panel done. It was negative. I was told I didn't qualify for the covid-19 test. I never really felt sick though.

Well, the next day, probably because I'm a first responder, I went in for the covid-19 test. I'm still waiting for the results 9 days later. I was told initially the swab was going to the regional government lab, but it might have gone to Quest. The ER wasn't sure. And Quest is really backed up. I read an article from New York saying some hospitals were sending New York covid-19 swabs to Quest Labs in California, as crazy as that sounds.

So now I'm pretty sure it was just allergies, but since I was tested, I still want to know what the results are.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:42 PM   #5
Numbers McGee

Contributor +

Motorcycles: 85 GPZ900R
Name:
That really sucks, hoping the best for you and yours. Glad to hear you're still feeling (somewhat) okay, and hopefully it only gets better.
295566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:43 PM   #6
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
BARFie Winner 2021
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Work: BMW R1250RT-P Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
well, now you might
I spoke with others who ae also feeling symptoms and they are also being told "no test" just isolate. I think the numbers are much higher on this thing than any of us know.
For sure! There's no doubt about that. I wish you the best getting through this.

And no, no AIDS stigma.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:45 PM   #7
Eldritch
is insensitive

Top Percent Poster
Contributor + + +

Motorcycles: Honda 919: Apocalypse Edition
Name: Asmodeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumperX View Post
It almost carries the stigma of AiIDs. Are any barfers exibiting symptoms? Have you been exposed but feel fine?

I'm coming clean.

For almost a week I have had fever and chills
Yesterday I felt it move into my chest
I can still taste and smell
Symptoms are not severe enough to merit testing-call if they get worse

FWIW, I was advised a few days ago that a family where I had been working 2 weeks prior have all tested positive.

I'd like more information, I'd like to be tested, I'd like to know how quickly this freaking thing accelerates.

Anyone else in the same boat?
Be careful, do the right things. It could just be the flu. Pay attention, do the right things. Marin is not yet overwhelmed. Get treatment as you need it.

"I approve of any development that makes it more difficult for governments and criminals to monopolize the use of force. ~Eric S. Raymond
Eldritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 PM   #8
Abacinator
Unholy Blasphemies

Contributor + + 1%

Motorcycles: 1997 Triumph Tiger 885 "The Tank"
Name: Chris
I'm not sure I didn't have it. And right now my wife is going through the same symptoms I had: wet cough, body aches for a couple days and one day of low grade fever.
Abacinator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:09 PM   #9
Lazerus
Pissant squid

Contributor

Motorcycles: will be my undoing
Name: Rory
Yeah I can't see a justification for stigma. I can see like... Having a cold, and having people say "ewww stay away, I don't want it!"

My family has been symptomatic. When the third one of us got really sick, she was able to get tested. Her results were negative...? (Pending further info)

Given that the only info about tests in America is that they aren't 100% accurate, we're still behaving as though it was a positive result. Not going grocery shopping, trips to hospitals/pharmacies only. Let our elderly neighbor know and checking in with her daily via text to make sure she's still healthy. Keeping an eye on each other since there's stories of rapid deterioration in people's conditions. Since we have the ability to do these things, it just makes sense to do them.

Anyway, for anybody else going through it, the stress is real. Watching knuckleheads downplay things, really makes you want to honestly be violent. But, we're in crazy times. Some people don't have a frame of reference for a problem like this, others are just willfully ignorant. Not only do they give you headaches, they're exacerbating a disaster.

Ultimately, all you can do is take care of your family and friends to the best of your ability... And there's some therapy in doing that. You're doing what you can, you're helping, you're thinking globally and acting locally.

But... Thanks for putting this up. That was all just kinda stream of consciousness
http://www.oxymoronphotography.com/

Last edited by Lazerus; 03-27-2020 at 07:20 PM..
Lazerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:10 PM   #10
Butch
poseur

AMA #: 1093637
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2014, 2017 and 2021
Contributor +++
Barf Dirtbike Political Advocate

Motorcycles: '18 Alta SM025, Ď18 Alta EX006, Ď17 Alta MX019, 06R6, 05TM530 Black Dream, 01TM250 2T, 91ATK406
Name: Butch
Corona Virus Resources

This crowd sourced data collection hive could be really helpful for immediate and future...
https://covidnearyou.org/#!/#top

Please share. Please contribute. Maybe the spread could be exponential.

Terms of Service:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/info/tos.php

and get a dirtbike! preferably a 2 stroke... Or... Electric!
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:18 PM   #11
ThumperX
Veteran

Name:
A few weeks ago a well known Sausalito resident was found dead in his shop. The cause of death was sepsis. He is not counted amongst the COVID-19 casualties but at the hardware store they were saying he had been in a few days prior and complained about the damn flu, worse than he's ever had it.
It would be helpful to know where the hotspots are and to know if we now have a usable antibody that can potentially save a life or 10.
Quote:
HOHO
Old 03-27-2020, 07:22 PM   #12
ThumperX
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
I just started this thread which adresses that
https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/f...d.php?t=542295
Perhaps merge it into the OP in this thread?
Quote:
HOHO
Old 03-27-2020, 07:28 PM   #13
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Hydrate a ton, that is one of the best things you can do to give yourself the best outcome if you have it. It's also effective with the flu/cold as well.

Good luck!

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.

If you wonder how the Nazi's could take over Germany, we are seeing it now in our own country driven by propaganda and lies.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:36 PM   #14
wazzuFreddo
WuTang is 4 the children

Motorcycles: antisocially distantanced
Name: bobesponja
A friend of mine up in Seattle had it. Well, he is sure he had it but they are so short on tests up there the doctor told him to stay at home unless he had trouble breathing so he hasn't had a test.

He had a fever, chills, and aches for about 5 days with a dry cough. Also said he was super lethargic and slept a lot. After about 7 days he was feeling better, enough to go out but he is staying at home for a while.

Support bacteria, itís the only culture some people have.
wazzuFreddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #15
DTM74
It's not my fault...

Contributor +++++++++1%
Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Seven-Oh-One, Supah Dook
Name: Dan
This is a worthwhile video to watch. TLDW- wash your hands, dont touch your face.

youtu.be//YitWZj9QhdQ
DTM74 is offline   Reply With Quote