Old 05-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
machete
black out

AMA #: 644176
BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Motorcycles: M900, Multi
Name:
after we gassed up in Indio, Ca. we ate, and then continued south on Hwy. 86, towards Brawley, Ca. and then south to the IH-8. unfortunately took the city (business) route, so that ate up some time, an almost missed turn, and we were on the right track, got onto the interstate and went east to Yuma. my odometer hit 107 miles and my reserve light came on. wtf? so i brought the speed down to 75-80 mph, and tried to keep it steady. we passed holtville as this happened, so now it's like 35 miles to Yuma or the first gas station. shit! like i said before, someone always runs out of gas. the day is getting short, and the shadows are getting long, but we look at the good points, less traffic, and less heat. we finally pull into this gas station, and my odometer reads 142 miles clicked over. i gas up and the pump says I put 4.2 gallons of gas in the bike. i thought it was only a 4 gallon tank. wow. this is an evening shot of the guys gassing up, as we are reminding each other that it is getting later and later, and we still haven't hit mexico yet.

"whoever said nothing is impossible,
never tried slamming a revolving door...."

Barf T.O.S.

Last edited by machete; 05-27-2006 at 10:32 PM..
machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:05 PM   #18
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
here is a quick shot I took of my map on the bike. we still had about 30 miles to the border, and then the 180 miles to rocky point to go at this point.

Barf T.O.S.

Last edited by machete; 05-22-2006 at 01:08 PM..
Old 05-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #19
chrono-X
misses the community

Contributor

Motorcycles: Looking for one
Name: Tony
ma..sounds like an awesome road trip, but i think im gonna need a goldwing before i do a 900 mile ride
Old 05-22-2006, 01:08 PM   #20
xgambit
Post Count +1

2006 Barfie
Contributor +

Motorcycles: XB9s XB12s 1125CR 450SMR WR250X
Name: Chess
i didnt see brandon with you guys. so..how did you guys get your bikes over the fences on the way back?
xgambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #21
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
trying again!

here is a quick shot I took of my map on the bike. we still had about 30 miles to the border, and then the 180 miles to rocky point to go at this point.

Barf T.O.S.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by xgambit
i didnt see brandon with you guys. so..how did you guys get your bikes over the fences on the way back?
mexican engineering!

shut your cake hole!

...and we took all the steroids we were bringing back for him, and that helped a bit too.

Barf T.O.S.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
pacifisticuffs
Bow chicky wow wow \m/

Contributor

Motorcycles: '13 MTS1200
Name: TIMMEH!
Here's a video of some savage riding with reckless abandon on a dark stretch of Mexican highway..

Right click, save as (.wmv ~2MB)

Q. Can the president eat a baby?
A. If that baby has suspected ties to al Qaeda, then it's the president's duty to eat it - for the sake of national security.
pacifisticuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #24
slowpoke
Veteran

AMA #: 1102172
Tattoos are gross™
I smell like mothballs...
Contributor + + + 3%

Motorcycles: Crash into trees...
Name: Asian Dan
Your chain is cursed:|
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:33 PM   #25
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
...so once we went thru Yuma, Az. we headed south on Hwy. 95 to somerton, az. and then to the town of San Luis, Arizona. right before the mexican border.

it is now dark out, and we're moving along a stretch of 20 miles, where "apparently" the speed limit is like 55mph. go figure. anyway, i'm tooling along at what I perceive to be a safe and non-harmful speed...i actually thought i was going the speed limit, when out of nowhere, this cop comes flying up on my right with lights flashing and sireeeeens blaring. so i signal that I'm pulling over, and note that the group has pulled back some. so i find a bank parking lot, turn in and drive into the parking lot taking the officer with me, and facing the opposite way of where we were going, i take my time, and as I stop, i watch as the guys are rolling by. the trooper jumps out and is flashing his flashlight at them, but they were all obeying the law, riding 55mph, and looking straight ahead.... it was fucking comical.

so the cop comes up to me and is like, "what the hell are you doing?" , "didn't you see me back there?", and i'm like, uh no, officer, not until you were next to me. i was trying to pay attention to the road, blah, blah, blah. then he says, i was about to bump you off your bike, cause I figured you were going to run. all your buddies pulled over to the side for the lights, and you just kept going, you were doing 70+ mph, so i figured you would run. that's when I get a little annoyed, at the fact that this guy was thinking of bumping me off the bike....my baby. so i'm like, "why in the hell would you do that" you have a tiny blue/red light above your rear view mirror, no overhead lights, and you wonder why I can't see you, i got earplugs in to save my ears, and the moment you pulled up next to me, i pulled over. then he cracks up and goes, "naw, I couldn't do that, i'm not allowed to" the dude was fucking with me. hahahahahaha, so then we get to talking, i tell him where i'm from, where we're riding to, and when we started riding this morning and he just whistles and is like "that's a long freaking way" and then told me why he pulled us over, just cause we were going a bit over the speed, and he was just going to tell us to be careful, and that he likes to have fun on his job, right up until the point of receiving a complaint against him. holy shit, now, i'm laughing inside, and trying to see if i'm getting a ticket. we bullshit some more, and he busts out the ticket pad. shit! he asks what I do, and I tell him, and while he's writing, checking my paperwork, he says that some day, i may be working in Yuma (at least there is that possibility, he says) and if that's the case, he would hate being injured on the job, being at the hospital, and watching me administer anesthetia and or narcotics to him, right before a procedure and saying, hey Officer "name kept out" do you remember me? so he decided to give me this warning.

the information has been changed and or deleted to protect the innocent and the officer, who by the way, was the coolest freaking trooper i had ever met. when we were done talking, and shooting the shit about bikes. he says to me. "you know, i bet your buddies are around the corner waiting for you, if they are, i'm going over there and gonna chew someone out, for not stopping. " and he says "they acted the same as when the check comes to the table, and everyone looks up, and stares ahead....astronomers...stargazers, ha!", the funny thing is, that this is exactly how the rest of them acted as they rode by. of course I didn't stop on the road, for that particular reason.

i then asked the cop for one more favor. could I ride by, as he's bitching them out, and flip them off, and laugh. and he said, absolutely, and that it would be even better if I did. cause it would be funnier. so he pulls out, and sure enough 4 of them are sitting at the gas station, the cop almost side swipes someone trying to move over, and goes around, and i was watching their faces from the block away, you could see them staring in disbelief as the cop was pulling in...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH....i was dying, and then the cop rolls in, and i ride by, flipping them off, and pointing at them guiltily. and they are sitting there with this trooper bitching them out AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

well, i finallly rolled over, and by this time, they were all bullshitting, and the trooper, told us to be careful, to many dumb people coming out of side streets in this area, and to be careful, and to have fun in mexico.

the other thing i never even looked at, was the speed he said i was going, when he pulled me over. "58+"

my warning:

Barf T.O.S.

Last edited by machete; 05-22-2006 at 01:38 PM..
Old 05-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #26
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by slowpoke
Your chain is cursed:|
i know dude, i lost like 3 clips. we called drew in los angeles, when I first saw the first clip broken, and he went to a local moto. store, and bought a rivet style master link for the DID chain. i checked the chain, when i ran into him, and the clip was there, and it had the dab of jb weld, so then it slipped my mind. go figure, dumb move. so i didn't check it again, till i got to mexico. the following day or arriving.

and guess what........................

it was missing again! who fucking knows where it went, and when. especially with the balling night ride thru mexico. anyway, i changed it to the rivet style on sunday morning, and finally got it going well, and no more troubles since.

lesson learned: I won't ever use a clip style master link again.

Barf T.O.S.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:37 PM   #27
Hot Frog
Im srry officer Im French

Motorcycles: 2009 White Honda 600RR
Name: J.-F.
Quote:
Originally posted by glf
...so once we went thru Yuma, Az. we headed south on Hwy. 95 to somerton, az. and then to the town of San Luis, Arizona. right before the mexican border.

[...]
Awesome Rick!!!

09 White CBR 600RR
07 Black 1098S with full Termi (sold)
07 White 600RR (sold)
07 White Monster S4RS (sold)
03 Black Aprilia Mille-R (sold)
02 Black Honda Magna (sold)
Hot Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:38 PM   #28
frankie
says relax.

Contributor +

Location: New York, New York, it's so good they named it twice.
Motorcycles: are the least of my concerns.
Name: R.

He didn't write you up for having a GAY BELLY BUTTON RING?

One type of leghumper: Craigslist Poster: ie. Frankie - Will go to great lengths for a good joke. Has intimate knowledge of CL - especially Erotic Services, Rant N Rave, and Casual Encounters. Helps to show a lot of ass so people forget you posted a M4M ad about them.

Get angry, stay hungry, get mean, stay lean. Say what you mean and say it mean.

OO THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! OO
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:39 PM   #29
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by frankie

He didn't write you up for having a GAY BELLY BUTTON RING?
nope. go figure, he said it looked cute, and he was going to go and check out the other guys. :| x69

Barf T.O.S.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:45 PM   #30
machete
black out

BARF Mod Alumni
Contributor +

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by pacifisticuffs
Here's a video of some savage riding with reckless abandon on a dark stretch of Mexican highway..

Right click, save as (.wmv ~2MB)
yeah, unfortunately, that video doesn't do the ride justice. i wish I had the camera mount on, when we did that ride. there would have been some kickass night passing, and riding video to add to the others. as it is, i was trying to ride around this van, holding the camera, making sure it was on video mode, and throttling at the same time. simply a genius moment. :|

Barf T.O.S.