BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Classifieds > Parts Wanted

Notices

Old 07-25-2020, 03:10 PM   #1
afm_147
Rookie

Motorcycles: A few!! VFR800(6th Gen) EX500-x3(2 race, 1 street) SRX600-x2(1race, 1 street)
Name: Michael
6th Gen VFR exhaust/parts??

Mainly looking for a stock exhaust to use as a donor, so I can put my good stock unit aside. Condition doesn't matter to me much, as long as it is fairly straight, for mounting purposes. Rust, dents in the mufflers, no heat shields ... none of that concerns me, as long as that is considered in it's value?

Also looking for a stock coolant reservoir, to have as a spare, and maybe whatever else anyone has lying around. New project, so just compiling the list!
afm_147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
fabricballz
Rookie

Motorcycles: Mz skorp660, Xl600r, Xt600, Superhawk
Name: Fab
Heyo. Is this the 2002 year included? I have oil lines, and sprockets and this solo top case rack that sits over the pillion seat and has "VFR " lazer cut into it. 415 691 0904 fab
fabricballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
fuldog
Veteran

Motorcycles: vfr's, F4i, Kaw. kdx
Name: Gary
windscreen

I have a brand new OEM 6th gen VFR windscreen still in factory wrapping.
fuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:45 AM   #4
Jel
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: Yes
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricballz View Post
Heyo. Is this the 2002 year included? I have oil lines, and sprockets and this solo top case rack that sits over the pillion seat and has "VFR " lazer cut into it. 415 691 0904 fab
Trying to imagine what this looks like. You mentioned that it sits over the pillion seat. Does that mean you lose the pillion seat because of the rack or maybe it is similar to this?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...r800-2002-2013

Not trying to threadjack, just curious as I have a 6th gen VFR.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #5
sckego
doesn't like crashing

AMA #3283468
Mod Alumni
Contributor + + + + 12%

Motorcycles: are fun
Name: Kegan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Trying to imagine what this looks like. You mentioned that it sits over the pillion seat. Does that mean you lose the pillion seat because of the rack or maybe it is similar to this?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...r800-2002-2013

Not trying to threadjack, just curious as I have a 6th gen VFR.
Yeah, there was a guy on VFRD who made them. I think he called them the solo rack or something like that.

Yep - quick google search returns this: https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index....tly-is-needed/
Kegan -- '12 MTS1200ST -- '15 CB500F -- '18 GROM 125 -- '20 FS 450 -- IBA #41999 -- AMA #3283468 -- AFM #895
My Ride Reports! -- BARF Terms of Service
sckego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:11 PM   #6
Jel
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sckego View Post
Yeah, there was a guy on VFRD who made them. I think he called them the solo rack or something like that.

Yep - quick google search returns this: https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index....tly-is-needed/
Thanks for the link. Makes more sense to me now.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:12 PM   #7
afm_147
Rookie

Motorcycles: A few!! VFR800(6th Gen) EX500-x3(2 race, 1 street) SRX600-x2(1race, 1 street)
Name: Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricballz View Post
"Oil lines" just the stock units? I have been tempted to get some custom lines made, but only if my "in my mind project" takes off, which includes changing to a single/central radiator like previous Gens.

Other questions, is what you have in sprockets?? That as well as prices???
afm_147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #8
fabricballz
Rookie

Motorcycles: Mz skorp660, Xl600r, Xt600, Superhawk
Name: Fab
That's the rack! Here's a video of a guy installing it..i was thinking $120 it has a little paint chipped at the mounting holes maybe but its been lightly used. I bought it new in its original packaging (that I dont have sorry) and only used it for less than a year.
https://youtu.be/ZSfTgtZES0c
The oil lines are stock, sorry. They're yours for $40. I remember mine started really flaking and peeling out. So I bought these in case they failed.
I also have the female plug connections to the spark plug coil caps. Working, used, bought preemptively cuz i was having charing issues. $5 if you want em.

That sounds like a cool project tho. Some people like to put on vtr1000 front ends on those bikes. To make em handle better. Better innards, racy shit.
As for the sprockets they are Supersprox brand new in box. I THINK they're stock sizes...but i can check if you might be interested. If not, I know i would have geared it down. They're most likely stock.
$44 for the rear
$28 for the front.

Also if you buy my rack, there's a small scooter style gloss black topcase already installed to it. $40 if you want it. No damage, One key. Locks upon closing. Fits a helmet gloves and MAYBE a sandwich. Not large. Nice stainless hardware, too. If I remember. �� Other wise il just take it off.

Last edited by fabricballz; 09-27-2020 at 05:32 PM..
fabricballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #9
doc4216
Coastie who high fives

AMA #3289553
Contributor + + + + + + + +

Motorcycles: 2016 R1200RS
Name: Shannon
Pretty sure I have a R/R from my '06 that you can have for free if you want a spare.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:06 AM   #10
Jel
Veteran

Founding Member

Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc4216 View Post
Pretty sure I have a R/R from my '06 that you can have for free if you want a spare.
If OP does not want your R/R I'll gladly take it off your hands. PM Sent.