Old 04-07-2020, 08:57 PM   #16
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: None
Name:
Ok heres my rifle with a bunch of new goodies added:

Its Stag lower with Stag BCG. Rifle originally had a Stag upper with a quad picatinny rail, but it was too heavy for my liking. So I managed to snag a PSA 16" upper assembly for $300. I got it right on time as last I checked, most of their stuff is pretty much sold out now. BCM KAG hand guard, BCM gunfighter grip and BCM Ambi charging handle. Stock is from B5. Trigger group is from Larue, a MBT-2S. Optics is a PA Advanced micro dot with Magpul BUIS. Sling is from Blue Force Tactical. Debating if I should stick a light up front but that'll be somewhere down the line.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but boy does it feel way way lighter than its previous configuration.

Last edited by Agent Orange; 04-08-2020 at 04:03 PM..
Agent Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:42 AM   #17
Sharxfan
Veteran

Motorcycles: SV1000 s
Name:
Nice AO. Those quad rails are heavy. I have almost all my rifles switched over to slim handguards or to non-quad rails for the ones I don't want slim ones on.
Sharxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #18
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Yah Picatinny was all the rage when I first built my AR but I guess its all about M-Lok these days. Its super light. Here's my upper: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165448509.html Looks like they actually still have a few. It was this or an Aero Precision.
Old 04-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #19
norcalkid
Veteran

Motorcycles: DL650
Name:
My AR is basically bone stock. Found this pic that's from like 2012 but I have had it over 20 years and registered it as a RAW in 99. The Glock 23 is on my CCW but I carry a M&P Shield now.

old card by Norcalkid, on Flickr

Last edited by norcalkid; 04-13-2020 at 01:54 PM..
norcalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #20
Sharxfan
Veteran

Name:
I just put in an order for all the parts to build my last SBR lower should get it early next week. Once I get that built I will take apart my 16" 5.56 upper and put a new 300BO 8.5" barrel on it with a 10" handguard that will allow my SiCo Saker to fit under it for a Honey Badger type build. I got some sweet looking translucent smoke-colored Lancer 30 rd 300BO mags for it so I can differentiate it from my 5.56 mags. I was going to do FDE but found out they make 300BO specific mags with better followers.

I also got some Keymod quick connect sling parts to use with my new Magpul MS3 multipoint sling. That new sling is way better than my older Mission Irene multi-point sling.

I also bought some more SiCo trifecta muzzle breaks in 7.62 so that I can put them on my 300BO and AR10.

I am horrible at pic posting in these threads but if I get to shoot in the next few days will take some glamour shots of the rifles and post them on here.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #21
RightCoastBias
F8TRED

Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: '14 F800GS
Name: Ryan
Just snagged a Triarc 13.9" upper and a SOLGW 13.7" upper, they'll be paired with SOLGW Rebellious Stripes lowers. I'll maybe do a full "build" write up when the uppers come in in the next 3-6 weeks.

Also ordered a Kahles K16i, after debating on which LPVO to get for the last year +. Probably going to snag the Vortex Razor Gen III when SCALARWORKS has their optic bundles all set.

Anyone else running VLTOR A5 systems on their ARs? Been running one on my BCM 14.5" for a while, have one on my new 12.5" pistol build and both of the aforementioned incoming uppers will be rocking the A5 system as well. Seriously the best upgrade I've ever made to an AR platform weapon.
RightCoastBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:46 PM   #22
Sharxfan
Veteran

Name:
I looked at the A5 system right now not sure I see the benefits.

It mentions reducing recoil and taming the action but I do that with an adjustable gas block on all my uppers it works wonders. My 5.56 recoil like my 22lr M&P15-22. I am having an issue with my 10.5" upper where the gas is too much in one position and when I go one click down it is too little. I am going to take apart the buffer and remove some weight and see if the action will settle down then. I don't plan on shooting unsuppressed so it will be set it and forget it.

I was going to do AGB on my 300BO but read it really doesn't need it so I decided to forgo one and see what happens.

Found an old 6-24x scope in my stash so I am going to break out the AR10 and put an AGB on it along with the quick attach for my suppressor and then will sight it in here shortly probably at the same time I do my 300BO. Parts should be here Monday or Tuesday. Primary arms is in Houston and when I order from them it is almost like getting it overnight it is soo quick.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #23
buellistic
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: kool loud one + 11 more
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle61 View Post
BLM land.

Owned by the Citizens of the United States of America.
Is that the new spot behind the solar panels?
buellistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:04 PM   #24
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Finally got around to adding that light. Opted for a Streamlight Protac-1 for the compactness. I paired it with a Cloud Defensive LCS and pressure pad. The grip feels more natural now between the BCM handstop and the light pressure pad. It was a major pain in the ass to install though. Had to order a separate Picatinny rail off of amazon after realizing the pressure pad doesn't have m-lok adapters.

Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 AM   #25
Sharxfan
Veteran

Name:
Is there a particular reason you have the pressure pad on the top of the rail?

I usually have mine on the left-hand side of the rail so that my thumb activates it with an underhand grip. Are you using the top of the rail grip when you shoot if so then it makes sense to me?
Old 05-19-2020, 05:33 PM   #26
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
I feel like it would be a lot harder for me to maintain a c-clamp if I had the pressure pad on the side. I've seen some setups where they dont even use the pressure pad, they just reach out with their thumb to activate the light. But I cant do that as I have small hands, my light is smaller, and I would have to adjust my grip to end of the rail. I prefer mine in the middle.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #27
BlastRadius
Rookie

Motorcycles: Streetfighter 848
Name: Henry
Having the pressure pad on the top has these two (maybe more) use cases, 1) ambidextrous use with thumbs, 2) if you needed one hand free and only had the light on the rifle, you can grab the handguard of the rifle and activate the top-mounted pressure pad.
BlastRadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #28
Sharxfan
Veteran

Name:
Time for me to contribute a picture to this thread I started.

Put the scope on my AR and also adjusted gas to run with the can. I think I need to remove some weight from the buffer still as one click open seems to be still too much gas and one click down makes it short stroke.

It is also hearing safe with the SilencerCo Saker 7.62 can on it. I zeroed it with 55gr HP rounds and some green tips.

Old 06-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #29
Agent Orange
The b0y ninja

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Nice, almost looks like a baby version of the SPR.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:42 AM   #30
RRR70
Attack Helicopter

AMA #: 1019218
Friendly Ukrainian Gun Dealer
BARFIE winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor ! +++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++BB

Motorcycles: 2005 FXSTI
Name:
Sold it. Lol
Have another lower somewhere on the shelf. May build another one.

RRR70 is offline   Reply With Quote