Hayabusa Immortal

Founding Member / Mod Alumni
Contributor

Motorcycles: Suzuki Hayabusa
Name: Tim
Quote:
Originally posted by thorick
Proof of location picture.

I'm really curious about your video camera setup, hard to tell from this picture. You were shooting video of Hwy 36? What mount to do use in conjunction with your tank bag. I'm not sure how to solve this problem myself since I tank the tankbag whereever I go. And sweet XX, I've been thinking of picking up the BeetleBags for the Hayabusa.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:24 PM   #17
thorick
Veteran

Motorcycles: vt1100 (seek the eventual horizon), CBR1100XX (road inhaler), XS650 (the good old days weren't)
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by ghan
Thorick that's one bad ass lookin' bird you got there with those beattle bags, looks great.
Thanks Gary. You've got a cool K-bike too.. I like the silver and red scheme along with the 'rebel red' BMW badges !
Old 04-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #18
thorick
Veteran

Motorcycles: vt1100 (seek the eventual horizon), CBR1100XX (road inhaler), XS650 (the good old days weren't)
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by pashnit
I'm really curious about your video camera setup, hard to tell from this picture. You were shooting video of Hwy 36? What mount to do use in conjunction with your tank bag. I'm not sure how to solve this problem myself since I tank the tankbag whereever I go. And sweet XX, I've been thinking of picking up the BeetleBags for the Hayabusa.
Hi Pashnit (Tim is it ?),

The camera setup is a homemade job similar to the one described on the pashnit site as a 'doubled over piece of metal', only mine's made of pieces of wood bolted together. It vibrates a lot in spite of (or maybe because of) being bungeed tightly to the tank bag. The picture quality is definitely not professional because of the bouncing around.. good enough for the privacy of one's own home though. My JonesCam arrived today (I heard about it on pashnit.com, where else ?), I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out...
Old 04-02-2004, 02:30 PM   #19
thorick
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by jlhopwo
??? WTH ???

Those are blanked out in software!
!!! :-)
Old 04-02-2004, 02:35 PM   #20
pashnit
Hayabusa Immortal

Founding Member / Mod Alumni
Contributor

Motorcycles: Suzuki Hayabusa
Name: Tim
Quote:
Originally posted by thorick
Hi Pashnit (Tim is it ?),

The camera setup is a homemade job similar to the one described on the pashnit site as a 'doubled over piece of metal', only mine's made of pieces of wood bolted together. It vibrates a lot in spite of (or maybe because of) being bungeed tightly to the tank bag. The picture quality is definitely not professional because of the bouncing around.. good enough for the privacy of one's own home though. My JonesCam arrived today (I heard about it on pashnit.com, where else ?), I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out...
Let me know how the Jones Cam works out. I've heard mixed reviews of the helmet cams.

I've been wondering how to solve this video camera + tankbag problem. I love the sportbikecam mount I have, but can't ride with tank bag, and no rear mount for the Hayabusa. I was thinking to put a RAM mount on the two front bolts of the gas tank into the frame with one of these.

Use one of these ball mounts, and run a post up to put the camera right behind the double bubble in front of the tank bag which butts right up to the triple clamp. Would like to be able to film some of these new tours we'll be going on.

Last edited by pashnit; 04-02-2004 at 02:42 PM..
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #21
thorick
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by pashnit
Let me know how the Jones Cam works out. I've heard mixed reviews of the helmet cams.

I've been wondering how to solve this video camera + tankbag problem. I love the sportbikecam mount I have, but can't ride with tank bag, and no rear mount for the Hayabusa. I was thinking to put a RAM mount on the two front bolts of the gas tank into the frame with one of these.

Use one of these ball mounts, and run a post up to put the camera right behind the double bubble in front of the tank bag which butts right up to the triple clamp. Would like to be able to film some of these new tours we'll be going on.
You've got me thinking now that perhaps my homemade tank bag mount isn't working well because my tank bag and mount is not firmly cinched on top of the tank (it's a magnetic bag). Perhaps if I had a strap type tank bag the camera mount could be cinched down tight on top of the bag *and* to the tank bags mounting straps. This should be really stable. I like the magnetic bag too much to switch to a strap bag, but somehow this idea seems like it should be better than what I'm using now...
Old 04-02-2004, 02:51 PM   #22
thorick
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by cacowgirl3
I can hardly wait until next year, when I hope to have a new bike - I want to endulge in rides like this, solo is fine with me, but on my 15 year old bike, I just would hate to be stranded alone.
I'm sure there'll be some longer rides to join up on in the coming year (so you won't have to put it off !). Bronto's 'Yosemite Snow' ride of a month or so ago comes to mind as a past example. As for the FZR, depending on the mileage I wouldn't think that there'd be too much to worry about.. I have heard about the charging system going out at times but that's about it.. perhaps other FZR riders (that really know), can chime in...