Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 10-04-2015, 08:12 AM   #1
AdrenalineJunky
Track Addict

Motorcycles: Are awesome!
Name: Warren
TrackIntel Questions

Ok, maybe I just need to play around and get more familiar with Track Intel, but is there any way to see how far ahead or behind you finished from other riders? Like a total amount of time elapsed on track?
AdrenalineJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Jello_Biafra
bbrraaappp

Motorcycles: Front brake on the left
Name: Kyle
I believe you can click on your fast lap time and bring up a chart and add other riders to compare. You used to be able to anyway.
Jello_Biafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 06:56 AM   #3
MZarra
AFM Treasurer

Motorcycles: R4/R6
Name: Marc
Worst case you can download the excel spreadsheet and see the elapsed times on there.
AFM #49 / WERA #707 / MA #707
Thank you to my 2018 Sponsors.

Serious RnD, Dave Moss Tuning, Yoshimura R&D, Bazzaz, XT Racing, Sunstar Sprockets & Chains, Shorai Batteries, Woodcraft, VNM Sport Gear, Zero Gravity
MZarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:24 AM   #4
christofu
Pavement Inspector

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: CRF450 motor in a RS125 chassis!
Name:
We do store both gap and leader gap in the database (gap = gap to the rider directly ahead of you, leader gap = gap to the race leader). The lap-by-lap gap is shown in the laptime viewer, click on a laptime on the left and one of the details on the right is gap.

There is an alternate result sheet format that isn't used by the AFM that shows gap and leader gap.

I suppose we can take a look at including gap and leader gap in the online results, let me talk about it at our engineering meeting today.
Chris Keane, ex-AFM #31.
christofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
christofu
Pavement Inspector

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
I took a quick look and it turned out to be a simple template change. I've added a new column called "Gap" on the online results -- which is really the 'leader gap' (the gap between this person and the race winner). I could add the gap to the racer in front since it's in the data object but there's not really enough real estate on the screen.

Let me know which you prefer, the currently shown leader gap, or if you would prefer gap to the racer immediately in front.
Chris Keane, ex-AFM #31.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #6
MZarra
AFM Treasurer

Motorcycles: R4/R6
Name: Marc
Chris,

Is there any chance of getting track intel to work better with Apple devices? The web templates are quite frustrating on the iPad and iPhone. Causing a full refresh every time you want to look at different data, buttons not working, etc.

Is this in the works?
AFM #49 / WERA #707 / MA #707
Thank you to my 2018 Sponsors.

Serious RnD, Dave Moss Tuning, Yoshimura R&D, Bazzaz, XT Racing, Sunstar Sprockets & Chains, Shorai Batteries, Woodcraft, VNM Sport Gear, Zero Gravity
MZarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:04 AM   #7
SonoraMike
2StrokeAddict

Motorcycles: R1 AFM 187, GS1100G, RZ350, YZ250, CR500, CB550, GSXR750, GT750, 125 shifter kart, Tank Scooter, wi
Name: Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZarra View Post
Chris,

Is there any chance of getting track intel to work better with Apple devices? The web templates are quite frustrating on the iPad and iPhone. Causing a full refresh every time you want to look at different data, buttons not working, etc.

Is this in the works?
+1

trying to hit the iphone at the track during the weekend is .... frustrating to say the least. the ajax-y interface just doesn't do well on iphone, pita to use
SonoraMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:26 PM   #8
pappy
Getting Older and Faster

Contributor +

Motorcycles: Twins
Name: F. Patrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by christofu View Post
I took a quick look and it turned out to be a simple template change. I've added a new column called "Gap" on the online results -- which is really the 'leader gap' (the gap between this person and the race winner). I could add the gap to the racer in front since it's in the data object but there's not really enough real estate on the screen.

Let me know which you prefer, the currently shown leader gap, or if you would prefer gap to the racer immediately in front.
Hey Chris,
Just took a look at the results. I really like the new 'gap' column. And keep it the way it is. I can get more information at a glance.

Thanks,
Patrick
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:04 PM   #9
christofu
Pavement Inspector

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Sorry about the iIssues, we don't own any physical Apple devices and do all our testing for those via Browserstack. We did resolve some of the navigation issues (specifically the left-side panel and the hamburger icon at the top that opens it). I've tested in a variety of devices via browserstack and also some quick testing on a real physical iPad.

If you have any further issues please let the AFM know and they'll pass it along to us. BARF isn't a general support channel
Chris Keane, ex-AFM #31.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, KTM 300, Tiger 800, KTM 500
Name: Wiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by christofu View Post
If you have any further issues please let the AFM know and they'll pass it along to us. BARF isn't a general support channel
Well it seems to work better than any other support channel I've ever experienced. We complain about shit then you fix it asap.
AFM #77
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote