Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > BARF Love of Community > Riders On The Mend

Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 PM   #46
YanaBanana
Speed Safely!

2006 /2007 Barfie Winner
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: '15 Honda CBR300R
Name: Yana
Thanks for sharing and for the needed wake-up reminder to riders that "stuff" can happen anytime...

When you have those 'off' days, just ask yourself, "Aren't you curious to see how your life will turn out?" Sometimes when things seem the darkest, an awesome thing happens. Hang in there!!

I'm glad to see you posting; you're always welcome here, and at any of the meets/parties, too!

And yes - sidecars!

Yana

Do you have any injuries or ailments, new or chronic? You can heal ~ I can help.

www.YanaBanana.com

Buying or selling a home? I can help!

Barf's Terms of Service
YanaBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:00 PM   #47
akacastle
Veteran

Motorcycles: 01 gsxr600, 08 sv650s
Name:
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthavoc View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident, it really hits home among bikers when incidents like this happened. Keep the spirit up and stay strong.

Why is it always SUV drivers...I'm pretty tired of seeing soccer moms in big SUVs rolling around town and they can't barely operate them safely. Didn't one of the barfer's relative ran over his bike in the driveway recently? And you're eating up the oil resources and screwing the environment. Unless these people are going on offroad expeditions then they have a good use for these vehicles. You don't need a Chevy Tahoe to drop your kids off at school or to go to Safeway. WTF? These people should be driving a Toyota Corolla.
First of all, my prayers go out to you and thank you for sharing ur story. PLEASE stay on barf and involved in motorcycling even if it's just discussing the subject. I can only imagine what I would feel like under your circumstances as I am not in ur shoes. As far as the suv issue. These are the same people who love their children so much that they would drive something that is killing their kids environment. I don't like to use the word hate becuz it's such a strong word, but, yes I do HATE suvs. Atleast when I ride my bike it's for the thrill of a HP to weight ratio no other apperatus (atleast that I can afford) can deliver. Can't these suv drivers get a high off of something else?

Last edited by akacastle; 05-25-2011 at 11:04 PM..
akacastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #48
GirlCurves
My R6 Completes Me

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2009 R6
Name: Deborah
Adam,

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. I don't think I've met you before, but I admire your courage, spirit and attitude. I can't imagine being in your situation, but if I were I would hope that I too, would have no regrets about riding.

The human spirit is an amazing thing. And the ability we have to adapt is pretty amazing. Stay in touch with your friends here on BARF. I'm sure you have much you can teach us. And don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Deb

"Oh Noez" - Hooli

"Damn. And here I thought I could get better at riding by barfing" - Flying Pig

Gary Jaehne 5/19/12
GirlCurves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #49
louemc
Veteran

Motorcycles: 05 Kawi ZX10R
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carries an axe View Post
About four months ago I was leisurely riding to a friends house. As I was crossing an intersection an suv blew a stop sign. Rather than continue through the intercection he stopped in the middle, Blocking bothe mine and th oncoming lane. I couldn't react quick enough to save myself.
I ended up underneath his suv with a broken neck. The amazing firefighters that responded and a spinal fusion saved my life. After three hospitals and extensive rehab I am a C4-5 quadriplegic with limited use of my left arm. I require constant assistance, live with terrible pain and am confined to a bed and power chair.
I have never regretted my choice to ride since my accident, in fact I miss riding most of all and hope to one day ride again.
Just thought I would share my story, and I hope I'll still be allowed to stay here on barf. Thanks to all the good people on here and ride safe.
- Adam

By All Means stay on BARF.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #50
Bravnik
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 2002 VFR 800
Name: Paul
Thanks for being real man and posting your story. GL in your recovery and may you one day ride again.
Bravnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #51
Brown81
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: VFgeezeR
Name:
Man. Hang in there bro.

My thoughts are with you.
Brown81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #52
OldMadBrit
Veteran

Motorcycles: 2017 R1M
Name: Steve
Wow that's sucks but as others said what a great attitude

Also as others have said, advances are starting to be made in nerve regeneration so keep up that positive attitude and here is hoping

Words of wisdom just before my first trip in a 4 man bobsled

"Ding dong the witch is dead"
OldMadBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #53
two wheel tramp
STFU and ride

AMA #2771957
Rally Junkie who needs another fix
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + + + + + 2% + GOP
Roadside Angel Alumni

Motorcycles: Trinity 6fiddy race bike & Steffi
Name: Triple R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Is it too late for awesome foodings?
Yes, is it? 'Cause I have an enormous messenger bag and am old hat at delivering snacks on a bike.

I'm serious, if you need groceries or household stuff picked up, by all means PM me.
IBA #66001

R3 alone
two wheel tramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:42 AM   #54
Kawi_Girl326
Rookie

Motorcycles: Kawi ninja 250
Name: Serena
You are an inspiration to not only barfers but to everyone who has ever suffered physical or mental anguish. Thanks for sharing your story, stay positive and strong.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #55
Sane_Man
Totally Tubular

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: 2003 40th Busa
Name: Pimpin' B
Keep that positive outlook dood.

Gives me chills just picturing how it went down with you.

Yes I have a Wide S T A N C E, 29 inches.

"spelling correctly is for folks who are too dumb to think for themselves and can only memorize things" - The Amazing Kickstand

Participants shouldn't be turned off or scared by erections. "They happen." - Cuddle Parties
What is a cuddle party?
Sane_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #56
BMK
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Adam,

Thank you for posting your story and best of luck with your recovery.

I've noticed that many people have offered to help, and I encourage you ask if you ever need anything. You sound like a very strong and independent person, and I know it can be especially hard to ask for help when that is part of your character. I haven't been here long, but I've learned that people on BARF genuinely do care about each other, and they will go far out of their way to help if you ask. It's clear that many people here find joy in helping others, so don't hesitate to ask for help.

As other people have said, please do stay on BARF and continue to post. Also, I hope to see you at gatherings in the near future, and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Last edited by BMK; 05-26-2011 at 09:50 AM..
BMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #57
two wheel tramp
STFU and ride

AMA #2771957
Rally Junkie who needs another fix
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor + + + + + + + + + 2% + GOP
Roadside Angel Alumni

Motorcycles: Trinity 6fiddy race bike & Steffi
Name: Triple R
I think he's holding out asking for help until some of the BARF wimmenz offer to come over and give him a tongue sponge bath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMK View Post
Adam,

Thank you for posting your story and best of luck with your recovery.

I've noticed that many people have offered to help, and I encourage you ask if you ever need anything. You sound like a very strong and independent person, and I know it can be especially hard to ask for help when that is part of your character. I haven't been here long, but I've learned that people on BARF genuinely do care about each other, and they will go far out of their way to help you if ask. It's clear that many people here find joy in helping others, so don't hesitate to ask for help.

As other people have said, please do stay on BARF and continue to post. Also, I hope to see you at gatherings in the near future, and I'm looking forward to meeting you.
IBA #66001

R3 alone
two wheel tramp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #58
Marcoose
50-50

AMA #: 2818042
Contributor +

Motorcycles: '03 CBR954RR-ish
Name: Marc
Yikes, Adam. A powerful story to share, yet a story that simply sucks. It broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your misfortune.

Please do use me and abuse of me as a resource if you need a hand with mundane chores around the house.

All the best, cheers, love,

Marc.
Marcoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #59
BMK
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: .
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcootz View Post
I think he's holding out asking for help until some of the BARF wimmenz offer to come over and give him a tongue sponge bath.

Yeah, Adam is no fool. He's waiting for the best offer.

By the way, I should've said this before, Adam, but let me know if you just want to hang out. I'm always happy to make new friends.

I've been meaning to get to a Giants game to watch Lincecum roast some fools. Let me know if you like baseball and would like to go along. Or, we can just go down to the park and watch the wimmenz stroll by.
BMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #60
orbframe
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

AMA #1090498
Contributor + 2%

Motorcycles: 2019 FLHXS, 2017 FXDLS, 2002 RC51, 2001 500R (GF Bike), 1997 FLHT
Name: Dan
I'll echo the others with a "loss for words"... My uncle cousin (technically a cousin but as old as an uncle so he gets called uncle) rolled his jeep back in the 70's and is in your same position. He hunts and fishes and does other amazing things doctors once told him were impossible..

your post already reveals your good attitude... I too hope one day we all can ride together again.

Stem cell research and nerve regeneration ASAP... let's get working on this science!
orbframe is offline   Reply With Quote