Net-Moto :: Community :: Racing :: :: Racing Videos Sponsor :: Contact
 Forums   Features   Trackdays   Moto Crash Incidents   Race Team   CMSP Training   Sponsors      Donate   Terms of Service 
BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum  Home   UserCP   Register   Calendar   Members   FAQ   Search  AMA

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Racers Corner > AFM Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 07:32 AM   #91
partakrider14

Motorcycles: tricycle
Name: waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Do eet!!

I have another friend who's new to A group this year and he'll be doing his nrs this next Sunday. Join in!
sounds good,i知 not alone lol..i知 gonna sign up for the 28-29+nrs ofcourse. thanks aj!
partakrider14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:51 AM   #92
Honey Badger
...iz a girl

BARF Moderator: Racers Corner BARF Racer
1% Contributor
Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: 2017 ZX10R (race); 2016 ZX10R (street); 1978 CB750-4
Name: AJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by partakrider14 View Post
sounds good,i知 not alone lol..i知 gonna sign up for the 28-29+nrs ofcourse. thanks aj!
Awesome, we'll see you there!

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2019 sponsors and supporters!!
RiderzLaw; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; BARF Racing; MCTech; DareDevil Motorsports; Fast Franks Racing; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs

BARF TOS
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #93
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Motorcycles: 05 zx10r (street), 11 zx10r (track), 13 zx10r (race)
Name: Jay
Quote:
glad to hear your back to race again jay. i have some question, how was your nrs school from ptt before? coz i was thinking of taking it too this coming weekend the 29th but i知 a bit scared but excited at the same time. i start riding in the A group this year and i知 not the fastest or the slowest in group A. do you think i知 ready?
I love the PTT Crew! I've attended almost every single event they've put on this year.

They'll take good care of you, and i'll be out there that weekend as well!

AFM #705 | youtube | instagram | facebook

Please give some love to my 2019 Sponsors!
Daredevil Motorsports | Amsoil | SPYOptics | GoPro
jaybocc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #94
Hooli
Dammit Bobby

Barfie Winner 2010
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor++++

Motorcycles: Yep.
Name: El Jefe
If you can afford the medical coverage...

DO IT.

"My bullshit meter and givsafuckometers are currently at zenith and nadir." - Carries An Axe

Performance Concepts RMC Moto
---------------------------------
Art Grant AFM #677 Craig Hightower AFM#868 Rydther/B12Bill Gary Jaehne AFM #13 Miri/Lylith
Hooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #95
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooli View Post
If you can afford the medical coverage...

DO IT.
Definitely. IMO if you can't afford the enloe and reach coverage - you definitely can't afford to race.

Medical too of course!

It took me 5 years just to pay off 10% of my first accident when I was 21

Old 07-24-2018, 04:21 PM   #96
partakrider14

Motorcycles: tricycle
Name: waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybocc2 View Post
Definitely. IMO if you can't afford the enloe and reach coverage - you definitely can't afford to race.

Medical too of course!

It took me 5 years just to pay off 10% of my first accident when I was 21
i am covered with a good medical insurance so i have nothing to worry about medical. i was gonna take my nrs last 2016 but i did not. always change my mind and said 渡ah forget about it but honestly the truth is i知 scared haha. and now decided to take the nrs (if i pass) and start racing before it痴 too late.
partakrider14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #97
jaybocc2
o lento

AMA #3692962

Quote:
i am covered with a good medical insurance so i have nothing to worry about medical. i was gonna take my nrs last 2016 but i did not. always change my mind and said 渡ah forget about it but honestly the truth is i知 scared haha. and now decided to take the nrs (if i pass) and start racing before it痴 too late.
I was nervous too. But as long as you are predictable and can hold a line, and don't crash or run off track I think you're pretty much good to go.

The hardest part is running back and forth to class in the heat

Old 07-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #98
Smash Allen
a comedy of errors

AMA #: 3283336
Contributor ++

Motorcycles: S1000RR, FZ09, SV650, YZ250
Name: Chris
I didn’t think I was ready but I just went for it

Quote:
i am covered with a good medical insurance so i have nothing to worry about medical. i was gonna take my nrs last 2016 but i did not. always change my mind and said “nah forget about it” but honestly the truth is i’m scared haha. and now decided to take the nrs (if i pass) and start racing before it’s too late.
I’m still scared every race and until the flag drops I think “what the fuck am I doing here” and “I really need to piss” and “at least I’m going to pass Jay and Ken” and “I hope that one dude from 750 superbike isn’t behind me” over and over

Then once the race starts it’s recently been “wow I can’t slow down” and “at least I catch people on the brakes” and “I wonder why I miss every apex” and “thank god for liter bike power” over and over

After three laps the corner worker puts out the wrong signal because there is no way I have only gone three laps. This has to be the 5th lap, where is the white flag?? Then two laps later I see the white flag and I find a burst of energy, picking up the pace every corner until I make a mistake, then calling it and dial back the pace to where it feels slow. The cooldown lap I seem to lose my fucking mind and almost run off a few times. I’m waving to the awesome corner workers and thinking about how I just got away with riding as fast as I could as long as I could. By the time I get back to the pits I already have something to work on or some feedback and i write it down in my notebook.

I didn’t think I was ready to race, but I couldn’t get the thought out of my head. Track days in A group were boring. I wasn’t getting buzzed, in either sense of the word. So I just jumped in, and do not regret it at all
Smash Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 05:35 AM   #99
jrshooter

Motorcycles: ninja 300
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash Allen View Post
I didn稚 think I was ready but I just went for it

I知 still scared every race and until the flag drops I think 努hat the fuck am I doing here and 的 really need to piss and 殿t least I知 going to pass Jay and Ken and 的 hope that one dude from 750 superbike isn稚 behind me over and over

Then once the race starts it痴 recently been 努ow I can稚 slow down and 殿t least I catch people on the brakes and 的 wonder why I miss every apex and 鍍hank god for liter bike power over and over

After three laps the corner worker puts out the wrong signal because there is no way I have only gone three laps. This has to be the 5th lap, where is the white flag?? Then two laps later I see the white flag and I find a burst of energy, picking up the pace every corner until I make a mistake, then calling it and dial back the pace to where it feels slow. The cooldown lap I seem to lose my fucking mind and almost run off a few times. I知 waving to the awesome corner workers and thinking about how I just got away with riding as fast as I could as long as I could. By the time I get back to the pits I already have something to work on or some feedback and i write it down in my notebook.

I didn稚 think I was ready to race, but I couldn稚 get the thought out of my head. Track days in A group were boring. I wasn稚 getting buzzed, in either sense of the word. So I just jumped in, and do not regret it at all
that sums me up also, awesome post.
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #100
DirtyD
Lives for MotoX

Motorcycles: CBR1K, R3, KX250F, YZ250
Name:
When you routinely pass AFM racers at a trackday, and you know the track like the back of your hand, you're probably ready. You should certainly be riding the A group by then and be passing more people than pass you. If you don't like it when faster riders put aggressive passes on you, you're not ready. If you love it when another rider steals your apex, and it motivates you to put your head down and try to keep up, you might be ready. Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.