Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Dirty BARFing

Notices

Old 09-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #31
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRNelson View Post
I'm not really back until I actually buy one. I just need to convince my wife that I need a vehicle to haul dirt bikes with AND a new dirt bike to haul.
There are a lot of bumper carry options that will work with a wide variety of vehicles. Some carriers are better than others and some vehicles better suited than others.

Or even folding trailers that take very little shop floor space when not in use, from the budget Harbor Freight (in my garage) to the pimp daddy Kendon. Just about ANY car can pull a lightweight trailer and dirtbike if loaded properly and driven with care.

Not all of us own super crew long bed trucks, my primary hauler is the Land Rover with a MxHauler on the hitch. As my Land Rover is down, I've been transporting my YZ250 on the folding trailer pulled by my Mini Cooper.

Just to help in the conversation with your wife.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini Cooper pulling YZ250.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	537545  

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #32
OaklandF4i
Darwin's exception

Founding Member
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: Triumph Street Triple, YZ250, TLR200, XR400R, Husqvarna CR390, ST1100 and couple more...
Name: CJ
And one last suggestion if you are looking at the WR250F or CRF250X. While many bikes are sold out, I have been seeing a few left over KTM 250 EXC-F plated bikes still being sold on cycle trader at very good prices by dealers (ie much lower than the normal KTM premium.) KTM is discontinuing it in the US, but might just fit your needs.

No need for trailer or truck, but trails would need to be close.

If you think me being naked is offensive, dont look!

"You find the biggest meanest bull, chop off his balls, dangle them in front of him, then hop on his back. That should give you some reference point. Either that, or shove a shuttle rocket up your ass. Take your pick." Colin Edwards

'Cycles is a mean toy lady" Big Halsy

Last edited by OaklandF4i; 09-24-2020 at 01:03 PM..
OaklandF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:33 PM   #33
augustiron
2fast 2live 2young 2die

Motorcycles: All of them eventually.
Name: nope
You buy any brand new excf and you will have to add $1k on top to make it a real dirtbike

Real knobbies
Offroad gearing
Desmog/derestrict
Armor and protection
Fueling fix (jd tuner or voetex ecu)

Then maybe you want to respring/revalve unless you weigh close to 160# which is who these seem to be setup for from the factory.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:01 PM   #34
KWeezyXB12
SKRRRRRRRRRRRT!!!!!!

Motorcycles: 2002 yz 250
Name: Kyle
there are quite a few clean 2 strokes on market place under 4k. do eeeeeet you will not regret it