BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Group Rides (scheduled, w/date in the title)

Notices

Old 12-18-2020, 10:37 PM   #16
Annnnnie
Veteran

Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: 2007 CBR600RR
Name: Annie
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMKen View Post
Might see you there...
Wait wait wait , Ken was riding the east bay hills? I've never heard of this before! I guess it takes a barf ride post to get you to come out huh?
Old 12-19-2020, 12:36 AM   #17
FZ1MinesRdRipper
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: 09' FZ1 - 17' FZ10 Street/ Trackdays
Name:
Quote:
Hey Jackie, hope you felt better later in the afternoon, You looked great however. Something about a women in leather I guess. I dunno, stop me before I make an ass out of myself. East Bay Mike, you and I need to have a little chat. Either their is something you are not telling me about your riding, or other athletic history, or you have that gift of natural inclination for this sport riding stuff...
What do you mean a little chat...you need some pointers Ken...haha. I haven't had a good spirited ride with anyone but myself in about 18 months. If you haven't rode Old San Jose in the Santa Cruz/Capitola area...come out and check it out Ken. It's not Mines, but it's a good road...you would like it. Sorry to hijack the thread Jackie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaRydah View Post
Great to meet you Mike! It's all about riding in your comfort zone and being mindful of the safety of others.
Were there some close calls or sketchy moves? I'm just curious about the comments from you and Ken.

RIP Kody...truly the best dog...missing my little buddy.
God Speed Nicky #69...we'll miss you.
RIP Eric...my little brother 1964-2019

[B]09' Yamaha FZ1 (Trusty Mines Rd Steed) - Yamaha 17' FZ10 - Latest Mines Rd Ripper.
FZ1MinesRdRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 02:50 AM   #18
KTMKen
Oldest hooligan you know

Motorcycles: KTMs ... 1290GT Caltrans Edition, 990 SuperDuke, 690SM, 520exc
Name: Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annnnnie View Post
Wait wait wait , Ken was riding the east bay hills? I've never heard of this before! I guess it takes a barf ride post to get you to come out huh?
East Bay Mike, who lives in the south bay, and I, decided to meet up and ride over Hamilton and out Mines, then slabbed it down 580 to Redwood. I'll go almost anywhere to ride with good folks I haven't been on Redwood, to the wall, or any of the east bay stuff, since riding in what, 2007 or 8 with SpeedyCorky and Christian. Redwood was either patchy damp or just plain wet, so we hightailed it down to Calaveras, Felter and Sierra for the end of the ride.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:11 AM   #19
KTMKen
Oldest hooligan you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1MinesRdRipper View Post
What do you mean a little chat...you need some pointers Ken...haha. I haven't had a good spirited ride with anyone but myself in about 18 months. If you haven't rode Old San Jose in the Santa Cruz/Capitola area...come out and check it out Ken. It's not Mines, but it's a good road...you would like it. Sorry to hijack the thread Jackie.

Were there some close calls or sketchy moves? I'm just curious about the comments from you and Ken.
Quite the contrary. He rides quite well, for a self professed newb, and stayed within himself all day. I watch my mirrors a lot, especially when riding with folks I don't know, looking for following riders blowing corners, winding up in the other lane and such, but the whole day was drama free...Finished up the day with a New York strip steak, seared on cast iron, oven finished to a perfect medium rare, with Yukon gold potato and green beans in a garlic white wine cream sauce, and a BV Napa Cabernet. Vacation day well spent!
Old 12-19-2020, 03:36 AM   #20
KTMKen
Oldest hooligan you know

Annie are you OK, are you OK, are you OK Annie...hmmm, where have I heard that before???
Old 12-19-2020, 03:45 AM   #21
KTMKen
Oldest hooligan you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprorchid View Post
Hola Barf,

Friday, tomorrow, December 18, 2021, 1pm, a couple of us will be doing laps on Redwood Rd. We will start at the Peet's on Redwood Rd, and then peel off laps from there.

We will be observing covid19 safety measures. Forgets her communist party mandated mask....

Possible snacks later.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Last edited by KTMKen; 12-19-2020 at 03:46 AM..
KTMKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:03 AM   #22
KTMKen
Oldest hooligan you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annnnnie View Post
Post it, and they will come...
Old 12-19-2020, 04:12 AM   #23
KTMKen
Oldest hooligan you know

Quote:
Great meeting you Ken!
Nice to meet you as well. Like I always say, ride fast, take chances...
Old 12-19-2020, 03:18 PM   #24
East Bay Mike
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name: Mike
Quote:
Great to meet you Mike! It's all about riding in your comfort zone and being mindful of the safety of others.
Good to meet you Michael.

Oh for sure, I was humbled by Ken in a good way. But I stuck to my limits pretty much. I had a couple semi-close calls where I lost focus and almost went off the side of the shoulder when on Mines. First time riding with someone so I was a little excited.
East Bay Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #25
East Bay Mike
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name: Mike
Quote:
East Bay Mike, you and I need to have a little chat. Either their is something you are not telling me about your riding, or other athletic history, or you have that gift of natural inclination for this sport riding stuff...
Thatís kind of you, Ken. I just wanted to be upfront and state that I have limited experience and no extra training, so not to expect too much out of me. Letís face it, the Tuono can make any half-way decent rider into something even better. I got into motorcycling 2 1/2 years ago but did ride a bicycle with no training wheels at age 2, so I have healthy coordination I suppose.

Iíll probably get some training and go racing eventually, once this damn pandemic is over.
East Bay Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:54 PM   #26
BusaRydah
Aspie Rydah

Location: South Bay, always down to plan a ride and do laps on Redwood Road, Sierra + Calaveras Roads, Mt. Ham, 140 miles worth of curves - SR-36, and so much more... Reach out and let's plan one! I work Monday - Friday.
Motorcycles: -Daytona Moto2 765 -R3 -GSX1300R My bike on the dyno! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHEIj7
Name: Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZ1MinesRdRipper View Post

Oh no, I was thinking of some of the damp spots and some debris and Mike riding on Supercorsas in upper 50 degree weather.
BusaRydah is offline   Reply With Quote