Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Mikezebub
East German Pistol geekery

If you're fan of weird gun shit, this is a great page: https://www.p38guns.com/East%20German%20Guns.htm

It's a site that shows East German knockoffs, remanufactures, and conversions of mostly P38s and Lugers.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #2
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
That was really cool. I like the wood grips on the P-38s. If I were to pick a gun to clone, I don't know if it would be the Luger, personally. As iconic as they are, I understand they're a bit fiddly and pretty complicated.

I like the older stuff, boy are some of those ugly!

And it's an interesting snapshot of history projected through these pieces.
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
afm199
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++3%

Motorcycles: Yamasuzhonaki 1450
Name: Mikezebub
Quote:
Originally Posted by berth View Post
That was really cool. I like the wood grips on the P-38s. If I were to pick a gun to clone, I don't know if it would be the Luger, personally. As iconic as they are, I understand they're a bit fiddly and pretty complicated.

I like the older stuff, boy are some of those ugly!

And it's an interesting snapshot of history projected through these pieces.

I had a P38 back in the sixties, and it was a well made, accurate and good looking weapon. I agree on the Luge, iconic, but not a really great weapon.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
wilit
Veteran

Contributor + +

Motorcycles: '01 SV650S '12 350 EXCF
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by afm199 View Post

I had a P38 back in the sixties, and it was a well made, accurate and good looking weapon. I agree on the Luge, iconic, but not a really great weapon.
I was just reading about why the Luger has gotten a reputation for not being reliable and it was mostly because of the P38 and it's requirement for lower power ammo. The Luger needs more of a +P load where the P38's blowback action needs something more along the lines of modern loadings.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Benjamin Franklin
"Americans need never fear their government because of the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation." - James Madison
wilit is offline   Reply With Quote