BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Sport Touring / Cruising

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
dsb
King of the slab!

Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki ZR-7, 2000 Triumph Sprint RS (2 wheel money pit)
Name: Darrell
Out and about in California

I had an idea of where I wanted to go, but nothing written in stone, so I left around 7 in the morning and headed up 50 towards Tahoe. Stopped for gas and a bit to eat in Pollock Pines and had this beautiful view to look at
Passed up Bridal Veil Falls but turned around to get this pic I ended up taking 89 over to 88 to get throgh the mountains and onto 395. Very pretty up there, but 88 was a bit scetchy. Lots of tar snakes, and you could definetly feel when you were on them. Very scenic, but few places to stop along the way. Here's a few from the 88/89 area. After getting to 395, I just headed south. Very differnt landscape over there. I stopped to get some pics of Mono Lake, but it seemed to be a bit hazy everywhere. . Stopped in Lee Vining at the junction of Tioga Pass and 395. I couldn't get over how bright and white the mountains in Yosemitte were! From there I headed south and enjoyed the contrast of snow covered mountains on my right and the barron high desert landscape to the left Stopped briefly at Manzanar in Independence. Not much left other than foundations and markers.

I go wherever my ZR-7 can take me, and not worry about the places it can't.
dsb is offline   Reply With Quote