zx7biker
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 96 ZX7R ( The Red one ) w/ Remus GP race Exhaust
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by pashnit
............Often times the first local that comes by will stop to see if I'm okay. Which happened as I was taking that sunset pic on Omo Ranch Rd.
Well, you dont see that much around here. People are too busy or just flat out dont care to help or even ask if people on the side of the road are alright. Sad thing about majority of californians though. Other states back east are not as bad and are a bit more caring for others they have never met.

My 2 cents......

ZX....

~Lord, knows they need it these days.

SIGNED~~> US ARMY
A QUIET PROFESSIONAL
zx7biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 08:14 AM   #32
scratchpad
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Bagger
Name:
Beautiful pictures, Happy birthday, and what a nice busa that is. I'm in the market for a camera but dont know anything about them. Are there cameras that can do digital and 35mm on them?
scratchpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:50 AM   #33
pashnit
Hayabusa Immortal

Founding Member / Mod Alumni
Contributor

Motorcycles: Suzuki Hayabusa
Name: Tim
Quote:
Originally posted by SWETNGBLTS
Beautiful pictures, Happy birthday, and what a nice busa that is. I'm in the market for a camera but dont know anything about them. Are there cameras that can do digital and 35mm on them?
Not that I'm aware of as of yet, although I'm waiting. It would seem a natural technology progression. You can get SLR camera's that look like a normal 35mm, but it's digital. These are a little more expensive though. Advantage is the lenses are interchangeable with your normal 35mm equipment. I have several lenses for each 35mm camera I've got, so it'd be cool to just buy the digital camera body and have one camera, rather than several. I typically carry 3 different camera's when I ride. The 3rd is a panoramic point and shoot, but the battery was dead. Oh well.
pashnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #34
scratchpad
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Bagger
Name:
What are the differences between the brand names and what all came with your Canon G5 and why did you go with that one? Where could i find some great deals for higher end cameras like yours? Thanks!
scratchpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:27 AM   #35
iamic
Veteran

Motorcycles: KTM 500 EXC Supermoto
Name:
Wow. That looks like quite a ride! Great pictures. I'm curious, what was the total distance you rode?
Old 12-17-2003, 10:48 AM   #36
Leonard
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 2000 Ducati ST4
Name: Michael
Nice pics. Interesting places.

I have also found that people are curious and friendly in small towns and at roadside stops. It is kind of funny how they check you out and want to ask questions, I meet interesting people all the time. I also have not found traction to be a problem in cold weather because I am usually too cold to go fast enough to work the tires. With taking pictures the biggest problem is finding a safe stoping place to take them and with wanting to just keep riding when I am having fun.
Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:11 AM   #37
duc750
Rookie

Motorcycles: street 3, ss900
Name:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! We would all be lost without you (literally)!
duc750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #38
racercutie
appassionato di moto

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 1000rr, KTM Duke
Name:
Nice pics! Had I know you were riding, we could've joined you folks!
racercutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:25 PM   #39
pashnit
Hayabusa Immortal

Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by SWETNGBLTS
What are the differences between the brand names and what all came with your Canon G5 and why did you go with that one? Where could i find some great deals for higher end cameras like yours? Thanks!
We did a long thread about digital camera's about a month ago, but can't seem to find that thread. Maybe someone else can refer to it. I ended up on one of the Digital Camera review sites although there's so much information, I'm not sure how you muddle through it.

Here's the link for the Canon G5 buy page that I got. I didn't buy any extras yet, as thought I'd take it slow and see what I need.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:41 PM   #40
NoGall

AMA #: 690440
BARF Admin
Founding Member
BARFies '06, '08, '10, '14
Contributor ++++BB

Motorcycles: FJR1300
Name: Tom
Nice ride! and pics too!

One small thing, since no one mentioned... That lunch menu looks Chinese to me.
NoGall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #41
Yamaseanie
Rookie

Motorcycles: 01 R6, 06 R6
Name:
Cool pics, to bad I can't handle riding when it's below 50 or so. I guess I'll have to wait till spring time to check out those roads.
Yamaseanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #42
pashnit
Hayabusa Immortal

Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by NoGall
One small thing, since no one mentioned... That lunch menu looks Chinese to me.
NoGall- you might be right, I actually have no idea- my riding buddy Tim said it was the only Japanese restaurant for miles so no sure as to the validity of that. I did shoot pics of the restaurant, but waiting to get those developed. I had the spicy chicken & rice, and I pleasantly surprised. Delicious. Keep that in mind if you're headed up Highway 88 to Kirkwood or South Lake Tahoe. I'll post the name when I get it.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:34 PM   #43
Waterboy
Watch out for asses!

Contributor

Motorcycles: '95 VFR 750F
Name:
Cool pics, Tim!

Have to get up there some time. I've caged some of those roads, but I want to go back up on the bike. Nice BD present.

The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.

Member of the West-of-the-Bridge Club
Waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 03:46 PM   #44
DeathB4mullets
Kraken

Contributor++++

Motorcycles: 1190R, FXDP
Name:
Re: Pashnit's Birthday Ride - CA Foothills

Quote:
Originally posted by pashnit
So I decided to take a day off to celebrate my 32nd birthday in the proper way- a motorcycle ride. I was planning on riding some roads down in Mariposa County (foothills west of Yosemite), but opted instead to ride some El Dorado & Amador County roads instead. Plus I wanted to test out this new Canon G5 digital camera I just got. Thanks to all who responded to that digital camera thread a short time ago.

These first few are some backroads that parallel Hwy 50 on the way to South Lake Tahoe. Called Apple Hill, several roads connect together and it's one apple orchard and winery after the other. When I left, the temperature was 31 degrees and frost covered the ground in the shadows. As the morning wore on, it hung as a fine wisp cloud 12 inches thick above the ground. Very cool.

Hassler Road outside of Placerville, the view in the distance is over to
Mosquito Road.

I was just there last monday!!!! Cold as hell, but nice to get out of town and smell the clean air.
DeathB4mullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:40 PM   #45
pashnit
Hayabusa Immortal

Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by iamic
Wow. That looks like quite a ride! Great pictures. I'm curious, what was the total distance you rode?
iamic, here's the route, sort of a zig-zag all over the place. About 200 miles. Tank & a half of gas. Basically, just picking specific roads to ride, and then heading for them one after the other. This is a fantastic area of California to ride. An endless assortment of roads, and very little traffic. This is gold rush country so back then, I think they blazed a path in every direction, what's left is a motorcycle paradise!