Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
The Vaccine Thread.

Figured since the vaccine will be hitting the streets soon it would be cool to have a specific spot for tracking the roll out, it's effectiveness etc.

For most of us it will be a while before we get it. Some here are higher up on the important to immunize list and hopefully will provide feedback on it to the rest of us at the back of the line.

NY Times rolled out a vaccine calculator you can plug your info into to see where you might fit in on the roll out. I think I am in the 6 months or so group based on how far back in line I was.

Thanks to DR_SLO I have become a TWIVer and dig the show even though at times it is way over my head when they get technical.

They discuss the roll out in this episode pretty well. I find it interesting it how they talk about the elderly getting it early, but they are not the most effective people to start to shutter the spread. They discuss how Native American Indians are very succeptable, but not represented on the list.

Prision populations they think should be high on the importance list due to proximatry of the inmates and guards. If you have other resources you want to share please do.

youtu.be/RQxepsLIGLM
1Rider introduction on KFOG
Bone heads and bikers podcasts
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Godspeed Mom Pit Ho Godspeed Nicky #69 Hoho
AMA #203453
Need a BARF sticker or other stuff..PM me.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
Well our local CVS has had a little hut plonked in the parking lot for a couple of weeks, I'm assuming when things get going they're going to cone of a few dozen parking spaces and queue the line through this thing, if nothing else to keep them out of the store.

Curious, though, our OTHER CVS does NOT have one of these yet.

It's also going to be interesting to see how they handle the 2 dose part. The story is we'll need an initial dose and then a follow up 3-4 weeks later (depending on the vaccine as I understand).

Mildly annoying is that CVS is also looking for folks to staff up the inoculation process, something my wife would be glad to help with, but you need to be, essentially, someone qualified to stick people (i.e. a nurse, perhaps a paramedic, etc.) to be able to apply.

Seems a high bar for applying a pre-loaded vaccine in to a muscle (i.e. the arm). But, I guess there's plenty of qualified by unemployed people to take up the task.

Going to be a lot of paperwork with this.

I don't think it's going to be like back in elementary school when they lined us up and pushed us through the cafeteria, with a doctor with an inoculation gun zapping everyone in the arm. I don't even think they wiped the thing off in between shots back then lol. He'd pump a pedal, shoot you in the arm, and yell NEXT.
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
norcalkid
Veteran

Motorcycles: DL650
Name:
Well it shows me #3 in line. Not sure if that's a good or bad. haha
norcalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:59 PM   #4
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: KRS-1200
Name:
Thinking a little bit deeper, I wonder if we're going to be getting "This person has been vaccinated" cards, and I wonder if anyone will be checking them (say to get in to a concert or something).
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #5
norcalkid
Veteran

Motorcycles: DL650
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by berth View Post
Thinking a little bit deeper, I wonder if we're going to be getting "This person has been vaccinated" cards, and I wonder if anyone will be checking them (say to get in to a concert or something).
My guess it it will be like your Yellow Fever vaccine card/book used when traveling. Could even enter it into existing Yellow booklet/card thing.
norcalkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #6
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++++++ 2%

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Mateusz
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalkid View Post
My guess it it will be like your Yellow Fever vaccine card/book used when traveling. Could even enter it into existing Yellow booklet/card thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38625CD8-E3C6-473D-8BFE-AF3E3F90A2A1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	540284  
Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:31 PM   #7
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
Quote:
Maybe we will get a "social credit rating" app like China. The app could include those that are covid safe and those who aren't. We'd be required to scan it to get in to all sorts of places. That would be awesome.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:23 PM   #8
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Well, I'm watching the news covering local hospital personnel getting their first covid vaccines. It's really for real. The pandemic brought about a world record in vaccine development... by a long shot! That's something to be proud of. Silver linings and all.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
Old 12-17-2020, 02:58 AM   #9
Robert R1
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: R1
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
Well, I'm watching the news covering local hospital personnel getting their first covid vaccines. It's really for real. The pandemic brought about a world record in vaccine development... by a long shot! That's something to be proud of. Silver linings and all.
I told my wife at the start and the only thing that will get us out of this is science.

I hope historically, this period is viewed as a marvel of our scientific advancements. Hopefully it inspires others to go into the field.
Robert R1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #10
Killroy1999
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: Zero SR
Name:
Everyone gets an arm band when they get their vaccine.
Killroy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #11
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R1 View Post
I told my wife at the start and the only thing that will get us out of this is science.

I hope historically, this period is viewed as a marvel of our scientific advancements. Hopefully it inspires others to go into the field.
Like most other things in our society, that will probably be driven by $$$$. Big Pharma is going to make enormous profits from this Pandemic, it's like the dotcom boom for Biology.

Let's hope that they don't take those huge profits and use them to assure future profits by weakening the controls over bringing drugs to market.

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 06:59 PM   #12
CABilly
Splitter

Contributor + + + + + + + + +

Motorcycles: R5 350
Name: Billy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
Maybe we will get a "social credit rating" app like China. The app could include those that are covid safe and those who aren't. We'd be required to scan it to get in to all sorts of places. That would be awesome.
Id be happy if voluntary declination came with a mandatory DNR/DNI/Do Not Transport order.

I will be getting mine I think on Saturday. They rolled them out today at work but Id just left after my workweek. Looking forward to another layer of protection when Im at work.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #13
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABilly View Post
Id be happy if voluntary declination came with a mandatory DNR/DNI/Do Not Transport order.

I will be getting mine I think on Saturday. They rolled them out today at work but Id just left after my workweek. Looking forward to another layer of protection when Im at work.
I got an email today at work to find out who's interested in getting vaccinated. We were told that our county office of emergency services will be distributing the vaccine and they are compiling a list of front line personnel interested in receiving it. I replied that I was interested in getting vaccinated. I don't know when that might be though.

Old 12-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #14
Biga
Near Miss Racing #96

Motorcycles: 250 Ninja "A" R3 600 GSXR TS 185 150 Scooter 97cc D. Bug
Name: Rod
Quote:
Yes, and you will not be able to travel or get into certain places and or register your kid to a public school and so on such as getting a job where you need to be there physically.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:04 PM   #15
Intheapex
Banned

Motorcycles: 2008 Honda CBR 600rr 2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
Name:
Are you really wanting to get it though?

I just picture the movie I Am Legend with Will Smith happening lol
Intheapex is offline   Reply With Quote