Shaggy
Zoinks!!!!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Motorcycles: are my drug
Name: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRobSJ View Post
It came with a bore brush and Iím sure I have toothbrushes around the house. What kind of cleaners should I use? Is firearm specific stuff necessary or could I just use all purpose cleaner from my shelf of many auto detailing chemicals?
A lot depends on how much you shoot and how dirty the ammo you use is.

Iím religious about cleaning my guns. They get cleaned after every time I shoot. Doesnít matter whether itís 50 rounds or 500 rounds. Depending on the gun, I will fully disassemble the slide and clean the extractor and firing pin channels every 500-1000 rounds.

I like the spray gun cleaners because they will blow out the dirty oil, grime, and carbon and it will run off. Most often when you use cleaning solutions and a brush it will just smear a lot of that crap around and you end up using a ton of cleaning swatches to get it off. I sometimes use chlorine free brake cleaner on solid metal parts, but as Iím sure youíre aware it can damage polymer bits.

Gun Scrubber or Tetra Gun spray works well. Hoppe's 9 for lubrication. Iíd invest in a little 9mm cleaning kit on Amazon and a Bore Snake too. The two together shouldnít be more than $30 shipped to your door.

If you have any questions or want some tips, shoot me a text.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:20 PM   #77
TheRobSJ
GroŖer Mechaniker

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: No bike until I have a bigger garage.
Name: Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Iím religious about cleaning my guns. They get cleaned after every time I shoot. Doesnít matter whether itís 50 rounds or 500 rounds. Depending on the gun, I will fully disassemble the slide and clean the extractor and firing pin channels every 500-1000 rounds.
Totally see myself doing this. You guys know what I do for a living. Taking machines apart and putting them back together is second nature to me.

On another note. You guys that know the CZ pretty well, do you all use stock grips or have you changed them out? I think I stated at the beginning of this that I have really big hands. And donít get me wrong itís comfortable and feels very ergonomic. But it feels like my fingers wrap around a little too much making it kinda awkward to get the heel of my off hand making good contact with the grip. So I guess Iíd like to fatten it up a bit. Suggestions?
TheRobSJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:53 PM   #78
900ss
Veteran

Motorcycles: None, but my brother has 54.
Name: Ken
Cajun Gun Works has a good variety of grips, parts and services. https://bhspringsolutions.com may have some as well.

I like using Hoppes No. 9 and Hoppes Elite spray cleaner, but have used many other cleaners as well, to varying degrees of effectiveness.
900ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #79
Shaggy
Zoinks!!!!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Quote:
On another note. You guys that know the CZ pretty well, do you all use stock grips or have you changed them out? I think I stated at the beginning of this that I have really big hands. And donít get me wrong itís comfortable and feels very ergonomic. But it feels like my fingers wrap around a little too much making it kinda awkward to get the heel of my off hand making good contact with the grip. So I guess Iíd like to fatten it up a bit. Suggestions?
I like VZ Grips and have them on all my 1911s. I have big hands too, but I still prefer thinner grips. They make ďPalm SwellĒ models to give you some extra chub around the grip.

https://vzgrips.com/products/cz-75-v...alm-swell.html
Old 03-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #80
TheRobSJ
GroŖer Mechaniker

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: No bike until I have a bigger garage.
Name: Rob
Thumbs up

Expectation:

Quote:

Iím liking this a lot. The SP-01 is actually very reasonably priced too. Picked this picture off the google since I plan to add the light as well and I have that exact knife.

Reality:

Pretty close eh?

I suppose Iíll wait till I can actually put some rounds through it before I start trying to change it. I hear the Cajun Gun Works stuff does wonders for the trigger reset. But again, maybe Iím fine with it is stock. Weíll just have to wait for ranges to open and ammo to be a little more plentiful I suppose.
TheRobSJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 05:03 PM   #81
Shaggy
Zoinks!!!!

Founding Member
Contributor +

Be conscious with what distance you zero that laser. The further out you go, the flatter the trajectory. If you’re comfortable and accurate enough, I recommend a 25y zero with lasers and red dots. Then all you really have to account for is barrel offset (Lasers will have a higher point of impact inside of the zero. Red dots will have a lower point of impact inside the zero).

If you find it difficult to get a good group at 25y, bring it in to 15y.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:06 AM   #82
Sharxfan
Veteran

Motorcycles: SV1000 s
Name:
When you are cleaning your gun and making it all shiny and new again don't forget to clean your mags. Dirty mags can cause a malfunction just as easily as a dirty gun.
Sharxfan is offline   Reply With Quote