Old 04-12-2021, 10:14 PM   #616
DucatiHoney

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
I didn’t mean to detail the thread, so perhaps this topic is better as a separate thread. Anyway, yeah, there’s a lot to juggle and I thought I’d have more time to get it worked out...

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:15 PM   #617
budman
General Menace

AMA Life Member #203453
Highway Aviator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Community Contributor + BB
Moto Junkie

Motorcycles: Keep me rocking life
Name: Budman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiHoney View Post
Contra Costa gave me a code to sign up with. I'm getting Pfizer shot 1 on Wednesday morning at the Coliseum site. My husband technically isn't eligible yet either, but he just went to MyTurn to see if it would let him sign up, and it did! He's getting J&J today!
Right on. My Pfizer D2 is 4/22.

Grats to the 1D J & J hubby.... good news

Quote:
We're a small office of about six people, but as of today, everyone has an appt or is finishing up shots. We'll be ready to open up for in-person office-as-usual right after the Memorial Day weekend.

Apparently I can't just tell people to get their asses back in their chairs because I'm signing their paychecks. I have to "manage the psychological aspect of a return"????? I ordered some air purifiers and I'm going to spritz some Lysol in the air at 8:45 a.m. on June 1.

Honestly, I don't mind that much. I need the transition time. I've had the entire office to myself for over a year now. No more changing out of my riding gear at my desk. No more leaving my dishes in the sink for the entire week. No more taking Zoom calls right at my desk with the volume at 11.
I feel ya. Sitting alone everyday for 10-12 hours is weird as hell. A few FTF meetings and hecka zoomland (which is still good) but the lack of human contact is so felt. I am sure most of us feel that.

Your a bit more aggressive on the time frame to reopen than I.

30 days after my folks get their 2nd jab I will start rotating them in.
Some will be surprised..... I cleaned their spaces.

I am in a flex mode with my people until September and see how it shakes.
The one dude working from Mexico saving big money by not being here I expect to be the last to come back. Maybe I can figure it out where he does not have too

Glad to think getting back in to normalish reality is close but sad to think of the traffic.

The wide open freeways were a trip.
I really dug it.

Doubt we will ever see that again.

** Edit derail away**
Opening etc is part of the vaccine story.

I usually complain here.
1Rider introduction on KFOG
Bone heads and bikers podcasts
Racism and RIP threads on Barf - FYI
Barf is more than a dub dub dub dealio
Godspeed Mom Pit Ho Godspeed Nicky #69 Hoho
AMA #203453
Need a BARF sticker or other stuff..PM me.
budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:03 AM   #618
wazzuFreddo
WuTang is 4 the children

Motorcycles: antisocially distantanced
Name: bobesponja
I can't wait to have a focused office environment back. Too often I am jumping from task to task. Taking a lunchbreak means it is time to to the dishes, take out the trash, do whatever odd and end needs to be done around the house and it isn't really a break.

Had the shots, I'm good. Throw me back into the game because I have been doing my part all along and this really needs to be over.

Support bacteria, itís the only culture some people have.
wazzuFreddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:43 AM   #619
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornholio View Post
It's so strange to think of people having to deal with this when some of us have had almost no change to our office operations outside of sending some folks to work at home and the rest have just had to have extended polycarbonate sheets placed above their cubicles and the rest just have to keep a mask on and social distance as necessary. That has become our new normal.
Right? Other than masks and a few other precautions, my work hasn't changed over the past year.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:54 AM   #620
BiG Chris
I RIDE RUCKUS

Barf Roadside Angel

Motorcycles: Too many to list
Name: Chris
Anyone seen on the news the j&j shots have caused blood clots in some women?
SteadyGarage.com
BiG Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:58 AM   #621
ScottRNelson
Mr. Dual Sport Rider

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: Honda XR650L, KTM 790 Adv R
Name: =Username
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG Chris View Post
Maybe this thread should get merged with the other one:
https://www.bayarearidersforum.com/f...postcount=266/
Old 04-13-2021, 11:53 AM   #622
RWMaverick
Rookie

Motorcycles: 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750, 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Track Bike
Name: Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG Chris View Post
I have seen that, it's terrible news for the vaccine rollout. From what I've heard it was 6 cases in 6 million administered doses, all women from 16-48.

Purely as a point of comparison, I looked up some information regarding the increased risk of blood clots from taking oral contraceptives. According to Healthline (citing some FDA publications) :

"Out of every 10,000 women taking birth control pills, 3 to 9 of them will develop a blood clot.
Out of every 10,000 women who are not pregnant and who do not use birth control pills, 1 to 5 of them will develop a blood clot."

https://www.healthline.com/health/bi...ol#is-itlikely

I feel like the one in one million risk (assuming no further instances of this are discovered) is acceptable in an effort to get shots in arms. The J&J vaccine has changed the way we are able to fight this virus by essentially allowing twice as many people to get vaccinated for a given amount of vaccine. It's a godsend for at-risk communities like the unhoused population since it only requires a single dose with no follow up. Having it off the table as an option temporarily is a huge setback to the vaccine rollout.
RWMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:28 PM   #623
brichter
Spun out freakshow

AMA #: 1108554
Contributor +++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Fast & Dirty!
Name: ID Thief!
Quote:
I ordered some air purifiers and I'm going to spritz some Lysol in the air at 8:45 a.m. on June 1.
Maybe you can find a LysolĖscented air freshener to plug into the wall.

Originally posted by Cruisingram
You know, in Alaska, you don't lose your woman, you lose your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
it doesn't matter whose fault it was when you're lying in the graveyard.
brichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #624
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Goldilocks
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoo752 View Post
And as a business you need to balance that out

I imagine if someone came in tomorrow and ripped down all safety measures, you might be uncomfortable for a period. Maybe the commute time you havenít experienced in the last year adds more stress?

I imagine DH will be uncomfortable if the office was at 100% tomorrow.

We had a year of change. Change in hard.

I also think those of us who thought 100% office was silly, are more hesitant to return. So itís a complex scenario that needs to be balanced.
What safety measures? It's 99% masks and the rest is social distancing when possible. There's not a whole lot else that can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
Right? Other than masks and a few other precautions, my work hasn't changed over the past year.
Exactly.

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #625
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++++++ 2%

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Mateusz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornholio View Post
What safety measures? It's 99% masks and the rest is social distancing when possible. There's not a whole lot else that can be done.
We put in plexiglass barriers between workstations and closed the break rooms and gyms. We got rid of cube farms and turned them into hardware test beds. We implemented hotel desks and turn auditoriums into group meeting spaces and set up plexi partitions

We retooled and redesigned our entire assembly line and process. Changed workflows and increased distances between gates.

Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #626
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Goldilocks
Name: Jason
Quote:
We put in plexiglass barriers between workstations and closed the break rooms and gyms. We got rid of cube farms and turned them into hardware test beds. We implemented hotel desks and turn auditoriums into group meeting spaces and set up plexi partitions

We retooled and redesigned our entire assembly line and process. Changed workflows and increased distances between gates.

I think you know what industry I work in. 90% of the staff is actually driving alone all day. The majority of the rest are in open-air "work spaces" or in a private office.

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:25 AM   #627
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
Quote:

We did none of those things. We were supposed to wear cloth or surgical masks in the building, unless in a private office. Well, that was never very strictly followed. There were regular sanitation of public spaces in the building and hand sanitizers were plentiful. In the field we had N95s available, gloves (we always had those), and surgical masks to put on others. We were expected to follow county/state protocols of wearing cloth or surgical masks. That's about it.

I still had to share a vehicle with new recruits I was training, which is how I got covid.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:02 AM   #628
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290

We have about 1000 field employees that walk through a hospitals 4 walls every day of the week. We sourced and continue to source PPE for them in monthly allotments (25 days). ANY employee can put in a request for PPE and we will provide for them. We prefer to keep the distributions allotted to those going on prem or on site but we will deliver to any employee if they request. We feel it's our responsibility to keep our employees safe.

While we had some infected personnel, we had 0 identified transmissions in our spaces.

Maybe our industry background encouraged us to take it more seriously, maybe it was excessive, but (we like to think) it was driven off messaging we were receiving from our healthcare practitioners and hospital partners.

I mentioned before, I am the only non-degreed (now the only one without an advance degree) body on my team. EVERYONE is either a phD, PharmD, MSN, or MD.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Old 04-14-2021, 07:41 AM   #629
Climber
Veteran

BARF Community Partner
Contributor

Motorcycles: 01 Goldwing GL1800
Name: Brett
Looks like Santa Clara has got a bunch of vaccine from the Feds (according to the article).

Vaccine updates: Santa Clara County hits jackpot with additional vaccine doses

Graph and Table I built for seeing state Covid19 data:
Covid19 Visualization graph and table. **NOTE** Using John Hopkins data data, shows State, Country & County data.
Climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:51 AM   #630
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290

Yep, received this email from them

Our County has received a special vaccine allocation from the federal government meaning that we will have a significant number of additional doses, and therefore appointments, available in the coming days. The timing is particularly good now that everyone 16 years old and up is eligible to receive their vaccination.

If you are looking to get a vaccine, new appointments are opening up. The best bet is to go to www.sccfreevax.org where you can schedule appointments with virtually all providers in the County.

As word gets out about the new appointments, traffic to the website is likely to increase, so you may need to visit www.sccfreevax.org more than once or try different providers to get your appointment.

I wanted to be sure you had this latest information. To read the County's press release, see below.

Santa Clara County Supervisor Joe Simitian
District Five
Cygnus 12.02.10