Old 04-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #601
DucatiHoney

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: 1994 M900 Ducati
Name: Heather
I signed up to see what happens. It said that proof may be required. To register they only ask for your home address, which is in Oakland. My office is in Oakland, but one of my jobsites is in Lafayette and I have another in Danville. I have signed contracts for both of these clients that I can show as proof. So we'll see. Fingers crossed!

s h e l t e r w e r k architecture.design
live::::work::::motorcycles
DucatiHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:07 AM   #602
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiHoney View Post
I signed up to see what happens. It said that proof may be required. To register they only ask for your home address, which is in Oakland. My office is in Oakland, but one of my jobsites is in Lafayette and I have another in Danville. I have signed contracts for both of these clients that I can show as proof. So we'll see. Fingers crossed!
My guess is you'll be just fine.

Good luck.
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:41 PM   #603
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
Quote:
I doubt they will even ask for proof.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:44 PM   #604
yumdumpster
Veteran

Motorcycles: WR450F, 701 SM
Name: Matt
Quote:
One has to live or work in the County to qualify according to the website. This has been my issue. I live and work in Alameda. However, I have clients in CoCo County and I do make visits to their jobsites. Do I technically "work" there? I guess I could say I do. It's kind of a stretch though.
Sounds like you "work" there just like I "live" there. I own a house in Concord, my mailing address is in Concord, but I live in San Francisco . I was in kind of a weird spot though because in SF they wanted a SF mailing address and I dont have one because... its in Concord. I put myself between a rock and a hard place.

I only moved out a couple months ago though so I did not feel that guilty, besides my brother is still there living in my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
I was asked what time my appt was at when I drove in and who it was through (kaiser or the county). And then they asked for my ID and insurance card when I got closer to the front the queue, lady giving me the shot never actually asked to see anything.

Last edited by yumdumpster; 04-09-2021 at 12:46 PM..
yumdumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:52 PM   #605
DucatiHoney

BARF Admin
Contributor +

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
I've tried my hand at lying in the past about various things--I'm not good at it, and it's a lot of work. I'd say I'm more lazy than honest. I can fluff up or play down the truth a little, but I prefer not to have to track things that aren't basically what they are. I've got the back-up to say that I'm working in Contra Costa County. If they interpret what I have to offer as my not working there, I won't be a brat about it.

Old 04-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #606
bojangle
FN # 40

BARF Moderator
Contributor

Motorcycles: Kawasaki Versys 1000LT, Prior: Honda 600RR Graffiti, Kawi 650R
Name: D
Quote:
I've tried my hand at lying in the past about various things--I'm not good at it, and it's a lot of work. I'd say I'm more lazy than honest. I can fluff up or play down the truth a little, but I prefer not to have to track things that aren't basically what they are. I've got the back-up to say that I'm working in Contra Costa County. If they interpret what I have to offer as my not working there, I won't be a brat about it.
I'm not talking about lying. Sounds like you have proof of work there. So you sign up accordingly. I'm just guessing they won't actually request to see that proof.

I use micro agressive trigger words.

""This is my shield. I bear it before me into battle, but it is not mine alone. It protects my city. I will never let my brother out of its shadow nor my city out of its shelter. I will die with my shield before me... facing the enemy." Author Unknown "
bojangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:11 AM   #607
DucatiHoney

BARF Admin
Contributor +

Contra Costa gave me a code to sign up with. I'm getting Pfizer shot 1 on Wednesday morning at the Coliseum site. My husband technically isn't eligible yet either, but he just went to MyTurn to see if it would let him sign up, and it did! He's getting J&J today!

Old 04-11-2021, 08:23 AM   #608
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Goldilocks
Name: Jason

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:26 AM   #609
brichter
Spun out freakshow

AMA #: 1108554
Contributor +++++++++++++++
Barf Roadside Angel Contributor

Motorcycles: Fast & Dirty!
Name: ID Thief!
Quote:
Contra Costa gave me a code to sign up with. I'm getting Pfizer shot 1 on Wednesday morning at the Coliseum site. My husband technically isn't eligible yet either, but he just went to MyTurn to see if it would let him sign up, and it did! He's getting J&J today!

Originally posted by Cruisingram
You know, in Alaska, you don't lose your woman, you lose your turn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
it doesn't matter whose fault it was when you're lying in the graveyard.
brichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:15 AM   #610
GAJ
Veteran

Motorcycles: DRZ400SM, F800ST
Name: Geoff
Quote:
GAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #611
RWMaverick
Rookie

Motorcycles: 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750, 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 Track Bike
Name: Ryan
Just got an appointment for Moderna shot #1 on Wednesday, 4/14! Alameda County just opened appointments up to anyone 16+ (I'm currently 27) and I managed to get an appointment on MyTurn that I'm guessing someone just canceled.
RWMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:28 PM   #612
DucatiHoney

BARF Admin
Contributor +

We're a small office of about six people, but as of today, everyone has an appt or is finishing up shots. We'll be ready to open up for in-person office-as-usual right after the Memorial Day weekend.

Apparently I can't just tell people to get their asses back in their chairs because I'm signing their paychecks. I have to "manage the psychological aspect of a return"????? I ordered some air purifiers and I'm going to spritz some Lysol in the air at 8:45 a.m. on June 1.

Honestly, I don't mind that much. I need the transition time. I've had the entire office to myself for over a year now. No more changing out of my riding gear at my desk. No more leaving my dishes in the sink for the entire week. No more taking Zoom calls right at my desk with the volume at 11.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:52 PM   #613
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++++++ 2%

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Mateusz
I think it’s an interesting perspective.

I am a social butterfly. I love water cooler talk. I love the office environment.

I’m exhausted thinking about returning to a 5 day workweek. Engaging with people 5 days a week just sounds like a lot right now.

Gotta be smart and introduce it slowly else burn out is real.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:06 PM   #614
Kornholio
:wave

Top Percent Poster
Contributor +++ BB

Motorcycles: Goldilocks
Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoo752 View Post
I think itís an interesting perspective.

I am a social butterfly. I love water cooler talk. I love the office environment.

Iím exhausted thinking about returning to a 5 day workweek. Engaging with people 5 days a week just sounds like a lot right now.

Gotta be smart and introduce it slowly else burn out is real.
It's so strange to think of people having to deal with this when some of us have had almost no change to our office operations outside of sending some folks to work at home and the rest have just had to have extended polycarbonate sheets placed above their cubicles and the rest just have to keep a mask on and social distance as necessary. That has become our new normal.

Being a bit of a dick is one thing. Being an ever-enduring cocksicle is another. -Hundo

I forgot that Yelp is a weapon for dumb people. -Stewie Griffin
Kornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:45 PM   #615
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++++++ 2%

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Mateusz
And as a business you need to balance that out

I imagine if someone came in tomorrow and ripped down all safety measures, you might be uncomfortable for a period. Maybe the commute time you haven’t experienced in the last year adds more stress?

I imagine DH will be uncomfortable if the office was at 100% tomorrow.

We had a year of change. Change in hard.

I also think those of us who thought 100% office was silly, are more hesitant to return. So it’s a complex scenario that needs to be balanced.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is online now   Reply With Quote