Notices

Old 07-28-2021, 03:08 PM   #421
berth
Veteran

Motorcycles: BB F750-GS
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redruM View Post
I believe you and others are basing your entire perception of this matter on both false narrative/data and outright propaganda.
I think you need to be more specific as to which of my narratives is false, which of my data is false, and which is propaganda (and how).

Quote:
Do you not have an existential problem with the term "herd immunity"? Is that the best they could come up with? Why do you think they use that term? Because they treat us like livestock. We are branded with a SS# at birth and we spend the rest of our lives going through some contrived pyramid scheme, giving the system an ungodly % of our earnings.

Are you a cow or a man?
What term would you suggest? Colloquialisms communicate well over professional technical terms or "made up" terms like "social distancing".

How would you suggest to quickly communicate the idea of population wide, biological resistance to the virus?

Not quite sure what Social Security has to do with, well, any of this.
#69 #45 NP
berth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 03:47 PM   #422
DucatiHoney

AMA #: 1028914
BARF Admin
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017
Contributor +

Motorcycles: Uh....it's a scooter. But in red, the fastest color.
Name: Heather
Y'all can see that getting all worked up about your respective sides of the debate really isn't moving the needle, right?

We might as well be screaming over whether Peeps should include pink bunny shapes or stick to the yellow chicks only. (I'm in the yellow chick camp personally.) Yelling about it doesn't make a bit of difference to the group who likes having weird shapes and colors. Same's true of cigarettes, music from the band Poison, and orange upholstery. You can talk till you're blue in the face and folks are gonna do what they're gonna do, regardless whether it's a good idea or not. And in fact, I've noticed that people tend to cling to their ideology even more when challenged on it (cuz being wrong sucks donkey). They will ride that bad idea into the sunset, and take it home and marry it--just to prove to you how wrong you are. So my suggestion is to avoid wasting energy on folks set in their ways and get out there and talk to those who might be on the fence.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:06 PM   #423
redruM
Peripheral Visionary

Contributor +++++

Location: in a hologram, wrapped in a chimera and inserted into an illusion
Motorcycles: Turismo Veloce 800 / Dorsoduro 1200
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiHoney View Post
Y'all can see that getting all worked up about your respective sides of the debate really isn't moving the needle, right?

We might as well be screaming over whether Peeps should include pink bunny shapes or stick to the yellow chicks only. (I'm in the yellow chick camp personally.) Yelling about it doesn't make a bit of difference to the group who likes having weird shapes and colors. Same's true of cigarettes, music from the band Poison, and orange upholstery. You can talk till you're blue in the face and folks are gonna do what they're gonna do, regardless whether it's a good idea or not. And in fact, I've noticed that people tend to cling to their ideology even more when challenged on it (cuz being wrong sucks donkey). They will ride that bad idea into the sunset, and take it home and marry it--just to prove to you how wrong you are. So my suggestion is to avoid wasting energy on folks set in their ways and get out there and talk to those who might be on the fence.
The problem, however, is that only one side is threatening to knock on doors and force people to lounge on apricot-colored loveseats.

Again, I appreciate your sentiment and agree. Truly not here to combat those who are fixed in their beliefs.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:10 PM   #424
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

Old 07-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #425
redruM
Peripheral Visionary

Contributor +++++

Location: in a hologram, wrapped in a chimera and inserted into an illusion
Motorcycles: Turismo Veloce 800 / Dorsoduro 1200
Name:
Old 07-28-2021, 04:16 PM   #426
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherearwheel View Post
Just a small point....... there is a difference between someone that is anti vaccine and someone that wants to control what they put in their bodies.

Sad so few know this distinction......
Ironically, the Non-Vaccine "my body, my choice" are aligned with the abortion rights "my body, my choice" crowds in their plight(s). Neat to see that.

Merck and Pfizer are both in late trials w/ a Covid treatment in pill form.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:56 PM   #427
Lonster
GaMMa RaNGeR

AMA #: 305491
Budman's errand boy
Barf Brick and smoking Contributor

Motorcycles: RG500 Gamma, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, RD400
Name: Lonster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post
Ironically, the Non-Vaccine "my body, my choice" are aligned with the abortion rights "my body, my choice" crowds in their plight(s). Neat to see that.
And even more ironically the mandatory vax crowd doesn't see the abortion connection, or they dismiss it as not affecting anyone besides the 'abortee'.
Go figure.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”
— Hunter S. Thompson
Lonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 05:57 PM   #428
ejv
Untitled work in progress

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
link them.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...__ffn_sectitle

Link to an analysis of all the data available to them at the time. From the American Journal of Therapeutics from NIH webpage. First one I found when looking.

GoldenStateMoto.com
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #429
Yakoo752
USN

AMA # 3164290
Contributor ++++++++++ 2%

Motorcycles: M900
Name: Mateusz
If we’re linking studies, this is the current one to link.

Key take away.

Quote:
This systematic review and meta-analysis of 24 RCTs (n = 3328) showed ivermectin treatment reduces inflammatory markers, achieves viral clearance more quickly and improves survival compared with SOC. The effects of ivermectin on viral clearance were stronger for higher doses and longer durations of treatment. These effects were seen across a wide range of RCTs conducted in several different countries.
Now the author does include 2 studies in the analysis that have been proven fraudulent, not sure how significantly it affects results.

There are several clinical studies in conclusion or progress. A phase 4 is in the subject gathering stage now.
Cygnus 12.02.10
Yakoo752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 06:45 PM   #430
ejv
Untitled work in progress

1% Contributor

Motorcycles: Tuono
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakoo752 View Post
If we’re linking studies, this is the current one to link.

Key take away.

Now the author does include 2 studies in the analysis that have been proven fraudulent, not sure how significantly it affects results.

There are several clinical studies in conclusion or progress. A phase 4 is in the subject gathering stage now.
That link doesn't work.

GoldenStateMoto.com
ejv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:10 PM   #431
Johndicezx9
Rolls with it...

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: :o)
Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
And even more ironically the mandatory vax crowd doesn't see the abortion connection, or they dismiss it as not affecting anyone besides the 'abortee'.
Go figure.
So you'll feel shitty if you should get someone sick and they die?
Old 07-28-2021, 07:38 PM   #432
NSR500
すけべ

Motorcycles: Ducati 996 Ducati 748 VFR400/NC30
Name:
For everyone here concerned with the spread of Covid and unvaccinated people, what are your thoughts on...

{P-trapped by moderator}

Last edited by DucatiHoney; 07-29-2021 at 11:45 AM.. Reason: p-trap
NSR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #433
Lonster
GaMMa RaNGeR

AMA #: 305491
Budman's errand boy
Barf Brick and smoking Contributor

Motorcycles: RG500 Gamma, 2020 KTM 890 Duke R, RD400
Name: Lonster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndicezx9 View Post
Of course I would.
The bigger problem is that YOU TOO can infect OTHERS, despite your vaxed status.
You're just too blinded by self importance to realize it.

I think the word I used before was pompous.

pomp·ous

adjective
Meaning: affectedly and irritatingly grand, solemn, or self-important.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”
— Hunter S. Thompson
Lonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:50 PM   #434
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
Go figure.
TBH, I don't think either side sees the linkage. Sad to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndicezx9 View Post
Probably less than killing someone in an auto accident, which is a much higher % chance. And people are shittier drivers than needle takers.
Posted as a BARF Member, NOT Moderator unless specifically noted as such. These opinions do not reflect the opinion of the BARF MODERATORS nor BARF itself. These are the opinions and posts of solely the posting member unless noted as such: "MOD HAT ON".

AFM #6 2020
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 08:08 PM   #435
kneedraggeroldy
Veteran

Motorcycles: FJR1300 R6 KLX300R
Name: Michael
kneedraggeroldy is offline   Reply With Quote