Notices

Old 06-04-2004, 10:00 PM   #181
GetaGripGreg
Veteran

Motorcycles: The one that runs today.
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by Likely2BAirborn
HEY Dont make this a political thread too. Jesus man. No thread is safe from you guys spraying your political urine!
Yeah! I like guns and I like to shoot them.

M38, $79.99 at Big 5!
GetaGripGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:02 PM   #182
GetaGripGreg
Veteran

Name:
Oh and hey, the title is "BARF Militia". Militias generally are formed because of a political conflict. We all have reason to be armed against our political opponents, some more than others.

So hell yeah, I'll join the militia. Just expect a little civil conflict in the ranks.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:42 PM   #183
Likely2BAirborn
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor++!

Motorcycles: <-----
Name:
Yeah there is like 50 political conflict threads. Dont try to loop hole me with your political games!

WORDS TO LIVE BY:
A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body.
--------------------------------------------
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Likely2BAirborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:19 PM   #184
Shotline
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 2006 Suzuki C50
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by GetaGripGreg
That is flat out wrong, it's bullshit, it is misinformation.

Like the example I used, Wesley Clark, a DEMOCRAT, owns plenty of weapons and could hardly be described as trying to repeal the second ammendment. There are many others with much longer Democratic credentials.

By the way, I am not a Democrat, I am independant (like Kneesparx).

Just because a few high profile Democrats make news for arguing for gun control does not make the party against private ownership. Kerry certainly isn't going to fight the NRA on any significant issue. Any reasonably intelligent person can figure out that making guns illegal does nothing to limit criminals' access to guns.

KneeSparx, sorry for pegging you as a lib. These days, it seems it's one or the other, and I'm not immune to falling for that polarized BS. I still consider myself a hard core liberal, even thouth I am pro-gun and pro-Israel. I believe in freedom and equality... two things conservatives seem to have forgotten of late.
No, you are wrong!!!

Just because you can name a few democrats that own guns doesn't mean shit. Westley Clark isn't even a politician is he?

I can name you a gun owning democrate that doesn't want you or I to have guns.

Don Perata has a conceled carry permit but is the biggest anti-gun nut out there.

So yes, there are a few democrate politicians that own guns, but the party platform is anti-gun.

Just take a look at a list of gun laws and who introduced them. I would bet that 90-100% have a big fat D after their name.

Last edited by Shotline; 06-04-2004 at 11:39 PM..
Shotline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:35 PM   #185
Shotline
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
Just to prove my point:

California Gun laws passed in 2003

Assembly bills
AB 161 (Steinberg, 6/30/03)—Permits the DoJ to use for practically any purpose the fees obtained from prospective gun buyers (the "DROS" acct). Requires that provisions passed last year that require the DoJ to verify status of licenses be funded from the money obtained from gun buyers, whereas the original provisions passed last year made the implementation contingent upon the DROS account having excess funds in it by 2004. Part of a group of laws recently passed to make gun buyers pay for things that should be paid by others.
AB 1044 (Negrete-McLeod, 5/29/03)—Ends the requirement for the DoJ to maintain copies of concealed carry permit applications. Amendment deleted permission for local issuing authorities to destroy records of applications, which could have caused problems for people pursuing legal action against those authorities.

AB 1232 (Lowenthal, am. 5/19/03)—Require reporting theft or loss of handguns within five working days of the time someone thinks the owner should reasonably have known of the theft or loss.

AB 1290 (Jackson, 4/29/03)—Adds some types of restraining or protective orders for which the person given the order would be prohibited from possessing a firearm.

AB 1455 (Negrete-McCleod, 2/21/03)—Adds to the exemptions in penal code 417.2 (prohibition against imitation firearms) any gun that shoots small plastic projectiles using gas, air or spring.

Senate bills
SB 255 (Ducheny, am. 4/7/03)—Provides for people to be able to obtain the background check normally required for acquisition of a firearm, but without the requirement to actually acquire the firearm. Guaranteed to result in extra scrutiny for anyone who avails herself of the opportunity since the person would be obviously uncertain if she is eligible to acquire firearms.
SB 489 (Scott, am. 8/18)—A 2nd, successful try at getting semiauto handgun safety features mandated. It will eventually require both the features proposed by SB 190, but is ambiguous about the definition of the loaded chamber indicator (where the SB 190 definition would be impossible to meet). Was originally a bill passed out of the senate on a completely different topic, a ploy to enable the bill to be passed without senator mcpherson having to let the bill through the sen. public safety cmte. and consequently suffering the ire of those who care about the RKBA. (He is the only "republican" trusted by the dems to chair a cmte, and did poorly in his run for an executive office in the last election.)

SB 824 (Scott, 8/18/03)—Permits firearm dealers to require each "agent" who has contact with firearms, or sells/delivers them, to obtain from the DoJ a certificate of eligibility (background check) the same as the dealer. More importantly, allows local authorities to impose security requirements upon dealers over and above those specified by state law, so it could essentially enable individual jurisdictions to prohibit firearm dealerships in their areas! Amended to require the dealer to record the date when a handgun is delivered to a recipient.

Every one of the names listed is a democrate.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:20 AM   #186
Holeshot
Super Moderator

Barf Racer
BARF Moderator
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor +
Barfie Winner 2014 & 2017

Motorcycles: Monica Sweetheart!!!!
Name: Berto
Quote:

By the way, I am not a Democrat, I am independant (like Kneesparx).

I still consider myself a hard core liberal...
????? Which is it?
Holeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:42 PM   #187
sohijiro
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: top secret
Name:
so whens the range day? rickeyhayden, gsxrsix,youngwill, and I went to target masters last night and tore it up at the range. i also got to finally shoot my shotgun that night. 100rounds of shotgun ammo at a paper target. that target was WASTED. looked like window screen with the center missing afterwards LOLOLOL we also had a nice USP, glock and customII at the range also!
Old 06-05-2004, 08:49 PM   #188
lumpia
Who's tha masta?

Motorcycles: make my pants flood
Name:
Quote:

Just because a few high profile Democrats make news for arguing for gun control does not make the party against private ownership. Kerry certainly isn't going to fight the NRA on any significant issue. Any reasonably intelligent person can figure out that making guns illegal does nothing to limit criminals' access to guns.

I do seem to recall that Kerry is an avid hunter and he owns firearms. I also seem to recall somewhere that EVERY gun control law that has been passed, and the ones that haven't, do have his signature of approval on it. Something like a 100% track record. When it comes to 2nd amendment rights, I definitely know who's not rooting for us. Just a thought...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/s...rd.php?inds=42

Last edited by lumpia; 06-05-2004 at 09:31 PM..
lumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:24 PM   #189
Rogue
Veteran

Founding Member

Motorcycles: Couple of "little kid's bikes" SV650s, 03R6
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by ScorpioVI
I keep all my stuff unloaded and unchambered...

Dam Alan, how many Airsoft shitz you have???

...well, except for this one...

So fresh and so clean...
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 09:52 PM   #190
Likely2BAirborn
Veteran

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor++!

Motorcycles: <-----
Name:
R.I.P this thread

WORDS TO LIVE BY:
A friend will help you move. A really good friend will help you move a body.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
Likely2BAirborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:35 PM   #191
GetaGripGreg
Veteran

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by Holeshot
????? Which is it?
How can there be any question? I am independant, and a hard core liberal. Believing in liberal ideals does not mean I can't take sides with conservatives on occasion. That's what is so infuriating... being attacked for supporting one side, even when I am an ally on other issues.

People need to attack their opposition less and find more common ground. You can do that while still standing behind your core values, unless one of those core values is hatred for those deemed the enemy.
Old 06-06-2004, 04:41 PM   #192
Shotline
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
That doesn't make you an independant, that makes you a democrat that sometimes agrees with republicans.

Why are you trying to run from being a democat? If those ideals are what you really think, embrace them and celebrate them.

What are you afraid of?

Why is it liberals hate being called liberal?
Old 06-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #193
MotoPsycho
Veteran

Motorcycles: 1996 GSXR 750 SRAD, 1998 Katana 750
Name:
Wow. I cant believe I read all this.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:02 PM   #194
sohijiro
Veteran

Contributor

Motorcycles: top secret
Name:
every liberal person i met, wont admit they are a liberal, im sorry but if the majority of your views are liberal , then your a liberal.

whats worse is, you say your pro-gun, but then vote democratic! then your not really pro-gun are you? because your supporting anti-gun groups,.. it doesnt matter what you think of feel, the only thing that matters is if you get up and vote for your ideas
Old 06-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #195
Shotline
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Name:
It's like someone who says they are not a smoker and only smoke when they drink.

Then your a smoker dumbass.

Please don't let this thread die