Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Trackdays

Notices

Old 06-14-2021, 08:49 PM   #16
slydrite
On a brake

Contributor ++++ 3%

Motorcycles: are why we're here, right?
Name: Hey You
Yes, paddock and pits are in the regular East course areas.

Sat has gotten a little better, says 109 now.

"Apexes - how the f**k do they work?!?!"
slydrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #17
dbenj
Z≤Trackdays.com

BARF Sponsor
Barfie Winner 2017

Motorcycles: Yamaha!
Name:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slydrite View Post
Yes, paddock and pits are in the regular East course areas.

Sat has gotten a little better, says 109 now.
We were able to get lunch pushed back to 1:00 so five hours of riding before lunch both days. Keep an eye on those emails from Z2 and please make sure you read every word!

See you soon.

--David
Get on our email list here.

Yamaha | CTRacing/Pirelli | Cycle Gear | Suomy | PCP Motorsports | Motion Pro | RacerGloves | Tech Spec | Pit Bull | Optimal Bodywork | Law Tigers
dbenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:38 PM   #18
Kalen
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2016 FZ-07 & 2015 R3
Name:
Start hydrating now!
Kalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:02 AM   #19
SonoraMike
2StrokeAddict

Motorcycles: 03 + 07 R1, YZ250, CB550, GSXR750, GT750, 125 shifter kart, Tank Scooter
Name: Mike
@bluegixxer600 We love first timers, got a lot of stuff for you. Alan will be leading the C group with riders meeting and classroom sessions on how to get around the track turn by turn. I'll be the tall, older "distinguished" looking gentleman helping him out in the riders meetings and classrooms. Find me and come say hello just before the riders meeting starts at 7a in the riders lounge where registration happens

Pro tips for the rest of y'all:

- if you go to the pharm section in the world of wally, other places may sell it as well, you can buy am OTC bottle of "Research Division Sodium Chloride Tablets, USP" also known by their common name of Salt Tablets. 1 gram, 100 tablets. Was maybe $5 iirc. I'll be bringing my bottle for C group people who show up for classrooms

- When you drink a lot of water, and if you are at the track riding or not, you WILL drink a lot of water - your sodium and potassium levels get diluted. Pedialite is a good drink for that, and for replenishing electrolytes as well

- You can buy 7# bags of ice at the track, but they only stock the freezer near the grill in the morning and once its gone you're SOOL. Same for the Walmart in town at the freeway offramp, with the heat there will be a big run on ice, so get it handled ahead of arrival to be sure. Bring cash for the grill, they don't take cards. But there is an ATM on site.

- I'll bet the insects are going to start coming out in this heat. They have the stupidest flies ever there, but bring a flyswatter especially if you are camping Fri or Saturday night. Mosquito spray or wipes for the evenings is a good call

- If any first timers in C Group need help/assurance/guidance/tips/resources/whatever prior to departing for the track, feel free to shoot me a PM here or at mike@z2trackdays.com

Look forward to seeing everybody out there, should be a great weekend

/rant

Last edited by SonoraMike; 06-17-2021 at 07:03 AM..
SonoraMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 10:29 AM   #20
bluegixxer600
Veteran

Motorcycles: 01 GSXR 600,86VFR750
Name: Brian
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonoraMike View Post
@bluegixxer600 We love first timers, got a lot of stuff for you. Alan will be leading the C group with riders meeting and classroom sessions on how to get around the track turn by turn. I'll be the tall, older "distinguished" looking gentleman helping him out in the riders meetings and classrooms. Find me and come say hello just before the riders meeting starts at 7a in the riders lounge where registration happens

Pro tips for the rest of y'all:

- if you go to the pharm section in the world of wally, other places may sell it as well, you can buy am OTC bottle of "Research Division Sodium Chloride Tablets, USP" also known by their common name of Salt Tablets. 1 gram, 100 tablets. Was maybe $5 iirc. I'll be bringing my bottle for C group people who show up for classrooms

- When you drink a lot of water, and if you are at the track riding or not, you WILL drink a lot of water - your sodium and potassium levels get diluted. Pedialite is a good drink for that, and for replenishing electrolytes as well

- You can buy 7# bags of ice at the track, but they only stock the freezer near the grill in the morning and once its gone you're SOOL. Same for the Walmart in town at the freeway offramp, with the heat there will be a big run on ice, so get it handled ahead of arrival to be sure. Bring cash for the grill, they don't take cards. But there is an ATM on site.

- I'll bet the insects are going to start coming out in this heat. They have the stupidest flies ever there, but bring a flyswatter especially if you are camping Fri or Saturday night. Mosquito spray or wipes for the evenings is a good call

- If any first timers in C Group need help/assurance/guidance/tips/resources/whatever prior to departing for the track, feel free to shoot me a PM here or at mike@z2trackdays.com

Look forward to seeing everybody out there, should be a great weekend

/rant
PM sent
bluegixxer600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:30 AM   #21
cwalter
Veteran

Motorcycles: Husqvarna RC51 KTM350 Kawa636
Name: Charles
Yes 5mi pits on east side
cwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:08 PM   #22
NorCal Factory
Veteran

Contributor ++++ 2%

Motorcycles: Aprilia Tuano, Aprilia RSV4 RF, Aprilia Tuano, Husky TE 300 I
Name: Tom
Get adult pedialyte liquid or powder and mix with added sparkling water to thin out the sugary taste.
Potassium pills are good as are bananas and coconut water.
Avoid the burger and fries lunch and pour water down your leathers. Use a wash rag or small towel dipped in ice water from the cooler on you neck.

And if needed take a cold shower at lunch.
Finally - donít push it when you feel tired. Have fun!
NorCal Factory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #23
bluegixxer600
Veteran

Had a great time today! Camped at the track, everyone was super friendly and helpful. The heat wasn’t too bad until after lunch. Felt a little off in my after lunch session and called it a day before I made a mistake. All in all it was a lot of fun.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:30 PM   #24
Toe Rag

Motorcycles: Honda CB300R
Name:
Yeah, I had a great time as well, despite the heat. I waited for the session to get going so I didn't have to wait to be let out, and then doused myself in cold water after. The chicane from east to west was so much tighter than I thought it would be, even after watching a few videos if it.

BTW Brian I think I was next to you in the paddock. I asked you how you got your bike onto your trailer as we were packing up. That or someone else with an older blue GSX-R 600
Toe Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:15 PM   #25
bluegixxer600
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe Rag View Post
Yeah, I had a great time as well, despite the heat. I waited for the session to get going so I didn't have to wait to be let out, and then doused myself in cold water after. The chicane from east to west was so much tighter than I thought it would be, even after watching a few videos if it.

BTW Brian I think I was next to you in the paddock. I asked you how you got your bike onto your trailer as we were packing up. That or someone else with an older blue GSX-R 600
That was me! And yes, that trailer tire survived the drive home
Old 06-21-2021, 01:45 PM   #26
SVJ
That Looks About Right

Contributor + 1%

Motorcycles: 1000+300+150+50=:)
Name: -J
Was there Sunday. What a shitshow. It's been quite a while since I've done a day with Z2, but I don't remember it being like this. Red flags most of the morning...
Something that really stood out to me yesterday was the shocking disparity in lap times in A group. I'm not fast and I don't pretend to be, so it kind of stands out to me that something isn't quite right when I can lap someone in a 20 minute session.

Most of the slower riders were predictable and safe, but the one who completely dropped the anchor at the top of 9 on the outlap was not. My friend happened to be unfortunate enough to be cresting the hill right behind him not expecting someone to be barely moving. This resulted in the first red flag of the day on the very first lap, a destroyed bike and obviously a lot of pain. The craziest part is this very same rider almost did the same thing to me in 9 a couple sessions later!

Is it typical to allow people to ride A group their first time at a track? I distinctly remember them asking anyone who had not been there to raise their hands- nobody did...
SVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 04:03 PM   #27
FourThreeSix
Tall Guy on a Little Bike

Motorcycles: 2019 ZX-6Rrrrr
Name: Gordon
I can't say that this was normal. The day was completely sold out, so I could see there were folks that signed up for groups that they probably shouldn't have been in. I noticed this in C group while working with folks.

In regards to your last question, I would have to say the TDP's have to take the rider's word for it. It's impossible for them to know if someone has actually been to the track or not.

Sucks to hear about your buddy. Hope he's going to be okay.
FourThreeSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:40 PM   #28
Gravisman
Aspiring Racer

Contributor

Motorcycles: ZX-6R RSV4 Panigale 899 Ninja 300 FZ-07R
Name: Gravisman
Generally speaking I don’t think it’s realistic to decide the group of people at a particular track day has much at all to do with the track day provider. All of them simply accept sign-ups for anyone who presents a credit card and allows each person to select their own group. They might maintain lists of names of banned riders, but that’s going to be an extreme exception.

Sorry it was a bad day. I hope your buddy heals up quick.

Motorcycles turn by harnessing the pure power of awesome directly from the soul of the multiverse. Motorcycles make physics their bitch.
Gravisman is offline   Reply With Quote