BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum

Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #1
Starpower
Veteran

12% Contributor

Motorcycles: '14 BMW S1000R, '13 Zero S, '01 Artic Cat 500 4x4 '13 WR250R '21 Kuberg Ranger
Name: Jeff
Custom Leathers good price

Not feeling safe with my off-the-shelf A* leathers on my thin body and bird legs, I decided to go for custom after I read about good prices from Moto-Gear.us. I was skeptical about $499 for custom leathers, hell I would feel the same for off-the-shelf! However, a reputable reviewer (Superbike Coach) gave me the confidence to take the plunge. I picked a pattern/style and then selected my own colors and logos. Then the wife and I went about taking the 30 (!) measurements. It is critical that you take your time and redo at least 3 times to confirm. After emailing the measurements and custom needs like 1 or 2 piece, vented or not, boots in or out and so on. I was sent mock-ups of my suit. After my tweaks they resent the final design for approval. Amidst this pandemic I received my new suit in about 6 weeks. Pants fitting my legs to perfection but I made a couple of measurement mistakes on the jacket and they forgot to perforate (2 piece). They offered to redo the jacket with new adjustments and perforated for $120 shipped and I keep the unperforated for cooler days. The new jacket now fits as perfect as the pants - a true custom tailored fit!

The quality and workmanship is excellent, can't find a single flaw or reason to be disappointed! Highly recommend you look into this custom option for better than shelf prices. I have no affiliation whatsoever, just impressed enough to want to share with fellow bikers.
Starpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:10 AM   #2
Schissels

Motorcycles: 09 Street Triple
Name:
How about posting a few pictures?
Schissels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #3
Starpower
Veteran

12% Contributor

Motorcycles: '14 BMW S1000R, '13 Zero S, '01 Artic Cat 500 4x4 '13 WR250R '21 Kuberg Ranger
Name: Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schissels View Post
How about posting a few pictures?
Just have this - could take more if really wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MG lea..jpg
Views:	15
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	546179  
Starpower is offline   Reply With Quote