MAXX LEAN
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: 2008 Yamaha R6
Name: Pete
Quote:
Originally posted by Harpo
Hey Roxy, Looks like rain for at least a few days but I'll give you a heads up next time I'm thinkin' about headin' out. I only live half a mile from bart so you could even ride out here. I've got some pretty good rides (loops) ranging anywhere from 16, hard hilly miles to 50+.

Joe, put me your list. I'm down to ride weekends.
So... where do you live??
MAXX LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:35 AM   #32
bicyclemech1
Veteran

Motorcycles: None. Broken Collarbone though
Name:
safety is an issue.

Funny how my ass puckers when things get a little out of shape on the MC, in full gear and boots. But I will careen down Mt. Diablo wearing geeky spandex and a styrofoam bucket on my head at 45mph and complain that it wasn't fast enough.
It's important to ride within your abilities on the bicycle also. Please join in, and make it clear of your abilities and fitness. It's no fun to get dropped on a ride, but it happens to everyone. Road rash is really no fun (I'm wearing some right now ).
That being said, lets get together for a ride this weekend.
The wife and I plan on climbing Diablo on New Years Day if it's dry.
Post up and lets go.
bicyclemech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:46 AM   #33
roxy

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: HM796, GSXR600
Name: Roxy
I'm planning on riding NY's day as well----hopefully it's dry
roxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #34
Harpo
Back From The Dead

Founding Member

Motorcycles: 2 wheels and an engine
Name:
Re: safety is an issue.

Quote:
Originally posted by bicyclemech1
Funny how my ass puckers when things get a little out of shape on the MC, in full gear and boots. But I will careen down Mt. Diablo wearing geeky spandex and a styrofoam bucket on my head at 45mph and complain that it wasn't fast enough.
It's important to ride within your abilities on the bicycle also. Please join in, and make it clear of your abilities and fitness. It's no fun to get dropped on a ride, but it happens to everyone. Road rash is really no fun (I'm wearing some right now ).
That being said, lets get together for a ride this weekend.
The wife and I plan on climbing Diablo on New Years Day if it's dry.
Post up and lets go.
on the advice.

And, I might be up for a ride but the weatherman is calling for all-around BADNESS!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:26 PM   #35
MrCrash
King of FAIL

Mod Alumni
Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: CBR600F4, Mojo SL, Anthem X 29er, XTC 29er Composite, XTC 29er Singlespeed
Name: Mikey
Originally, Saturday didn't look too bad with a cloudy forecast. Right now, it looks like shit.

Let's plan one for New Years Day, based on the weather? Meeting place and time, somewhere around Harpo's place, sometime around noon? I'm usually an early riser - but if things go according to plan, I'll need a few more hours to recover...

Hey Joe, would you be in for something like this "Three Bears" loop?

http://www.velogirls.com/three_bears_pinole.doc
Ex AFM / WSMC / AHRMA / AMA Pro Thunder #907
http://www.mrcrash.com

Last edited by MrCrash; 12-29-2005 at 03:29 PM..
MrCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:29 PM   #36
Harpo
Back From The Dead

Founding Member

Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by MrCrash907
Originally, Saturday didn't look too bad with a cloudy forecast. Right now, it looks like shit.

Let's plan one for New Years Day, based on the weather? Meeting place and time, somewhere around Harpo's place, sometime around noon? I'm usually an early riser - but if things go according to plan, I'll need a few more hours to recover...

Hey Joe, would you be in for something like this "Three Bears" loop?

http://www.velogirls.com/three_bears_pinole.doc
Sure, weather depending, I'd be up for something.

Just took advantage of the dry afternoon and did 22 miles. Lovin' the new bike.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:11 PM   #37
bicyclemech1
Veteran

Name:
New Years Day

Should be a climb to the summit on Mt. Diablo. 11:00 at the Starbucks in Countrywood Center at the corner of Treat and Bancroft in Concord. Wet ground cancels.
Harpo: Glad the bike is great. The same needs to be done for Mike. Please email me with a good time to do your fitting.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #38
Harpo
Back From The Dead

Founding Member

Name:
Re: New Years Day

Quote:
Should be a climb to the summit on Mt. Diablo. 11:00 at the Starbucks in Countrywood Center at the corner of Treat and Bancroft in Concord. Wet ground cancels.
Harpo: Glad the bike is great. The same needs to be done for Mike. Please email me with a good time to do your fitting.
I got the new seat and did some custom modification/reshaping (you can guess where) but I'd still be as giddy as a little schoolgirl if I could join in with Crash when he comes over for the fitting and have you make any necessary adjustments on mine.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:57 PM   #39
pelikan
Veteran

Founding Member
Contributor

Motorcycles: wr250x
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by DeathB4mullets
i got a single gear bike......I like to ride around SF alot......anybody? I don't like the bicycles up near the wall.....i almost hit them sometimes, and I see others get hit......

anybody want to ride SF? you don't need a single speed
I'd be up for that. I'll bring out my CX bike, not as tough on the hills as a single speed, but w/o a granny hills it's still challenging.

My favortie semi-city loop nowadays is to/around/back San Bruno Moutain, but I live on the southern tip of the city.
pelikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #40
Blueboomer
X-squid

Motorcycles: 2000 GXSR 600 (Totalled), 2003 Honda VFR (Sold), Incoming someday Wee-strom
Name:
Has anyone converted over to a triple crank from a double. I've been thinking about changing over my Dura-Ace cranks and have been wondering what's involved in the change over, such as, will my existing front derailer, shifter, and bottom bracket work.
Blueboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #41
bicyclemech1
Veteran

Name:
Conversion is spendy

Switching to a triple means new crank, bottom bracket, both derailleurs, and left shifter. Chain too. Better idea is to get a 12-27 rear cassette, which will help with climbing. Or get an 11-30 or 12-32 from the mtn. group and use a XT or XTR rear derailleur. New chain too.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:45 PM   #42
Harpo
Back From The Dead

Founding Member

Name:
Greg/Anyone
Wanna do a road ride Sunday morning??
Old 01-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #43
bicyclemech1
Veteran

Name:
I have chores.

I am going to try and sneak out for a couple of hours early sunday, but I can't commit to a specific time. I would like to organize some mtn bike time if the weather stays dry for the next few days.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #44
thorick
Veteran

Motorcycles: vt1100 (seek the eventual horizon), CBR1100XX (road inhaler), XS650 (the good old days weren't)
Name:
Quote:
Originally posted by Veefer
Has anyone converted over to a triple crank from a double. I've been thinking about changing over my Dura-Ace cranks and have been wondering what's involved in the change over, such as, will my existing front derailer, shifter, and bottom bracket work.
Quick Note: If you do go this route, you might consider NOT getting the Dura-Ace triple crank. Reason: the bolt circle diameter of the inner (smallest) chainring is Dura-Ace only.
I replaced my Dura-Ace triple crank with an Ultegra Crank so that I could use standard Mtn Bike sized 74 mm bolt circle diameter chain rings (read smaller !).
Old 01-08-2006, 09:15 AM   #45
Harpo
Back From The Dead

Founding Member

Name:
Re: I have chores.

Quote:
I am going to try and sneak out for a couple of hours early sunday, but I can't commit to a specific time. I would like to organize some mtn bike time if the weather stays dry for the next few days.
Leaving my house in Lafayette at about 10:15. Gonna ride somewhere between 35-50 miles. Let me know if you want to join us.