Go Back   BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum > Club House > Non Moto Activities

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
fufo47
Rookie

Motorcycles: 2017 Aprilia Tuono RR 2016 KTM 350 SXF
Name: Jose
onewheel

looking for a BARFer (preferably East Bay/close to Alameda) that would be willing to trade a few beers for a test run on the onewheel. Curious to see if those things are fun but given the cost would definitively like to try one out. We could meet at a parking lot and it would just be 30 minutes, not looking to get a loaner for a day.
fufo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
thedub
Octane Socks

AMA #: 2952025

Motorcycles: R6, Tiger 800, KTM 500, KTM 350
Name: Wiles
Bring a helmet. They are surprisingly easy to fall off of.
AFM #77, D36 #166N
Thanks for the support;
Sidi|Motion Pro|C@TT|Vortex|Shoei
thedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
fufo47
Rookie

Oh I'm wearing full leather suit for my first try!
Old 08-17-2020, 07:56 AM   #4
Dave H
Rookie

AMA # 3726908

Motorcycles: Current: STR, Previous: Z650
Name: Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufo47 View Post
Oh I'm wearing full leather suit for my first try!
I got one about a month back and was doing exactly that for the first few rides!

I'm in SF but would be happy to let you have a go if we can find somewhere convenient to meet up. PM me and we can discuss.

In terms of fun... it's grown on me more and more. When I first got it I found it a lot harder to ride than I anticipated and didn't quite get it. However, I've now done 180 miles and it's become more and more fun and my go-to means of transport to get out and about locally. It also begins to feel completely instinctive and I find myself wondering if you really need to dismount before entering your local grocery store for example! I took on some gentle trails for the first time yesterday while my son rode his bike and that was also really good fun.

Good luck with the research.
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #5
fufo47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
I got one about a month back and was doing exactly that for the first few rides!

I'm in SF but would be happy to let you have a go if we can find somewhere convenient to meet up. PM me and we can discuss.

In terms of fun... it's grown on me more and more. When I first got it I found it a lot harder to ride than I anticipated and didn't quite get it. However, I've now done 180 miles and it's become more and more fun and my go-to means of transport to get out and about locally. It also begins to feel completely instinctive and I find myself wondering if you really need to dismount before entering your local grocery store for example! I took on some gentle trails for the first time yesterday while my son rode his bike and that was also really good fun.

Good luck with the research.
Thanks Dave! I ended up pulling the trigger on a NIB OneWheel Pint that a guy bought two and didn't like it so I got a heck of a deal. I literally winged it and had a blast!!! This thing is extremely fun and even without any snowboard/skateboard experience I ended up doing pretty well IMO.

Unfortunately I had to sell it since the building where I work came up with this bullshit rule where any type of e-bikes/boards/etc. were no longer allowed in the building and given that the OW doesn't have any security I was not going to chain it to a bike rack on the street, so had to let it go!

But a fun few months indeed!