Old 07-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #1
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor +++++ GOP + AFM RR + 1%

Motorcycles: Sure
Name: J
Cool n00b Day With Z2 Photo thread!

Finally getting around to posting up a wrap-up thread for our fantastic n00b day with Z2 at Sonoma raceway (6-28/29). I really had a great time this last weekend, and I figured I would show you guys some fun photos.

For those of you not following along, David, and Shawn from Z2 track days gave all the season pass holders two free track days for a friend that has never ridden the track before. Not having any friends that haven't ridden a track that would also be willing to, I started an essay contest to determine who should get my tickets.

I ended up giving my Saturday to a n00b so I could focus on the days events, so by the time Buford, and Bassem kicked down their free n00b days we had seven lucky new track riders to party with! With some crazy luck everyone could make the same weekend at Sonoma Raceway, and it was on.

After lots of solid prep our team was ready to rock.

The day started early, as you could imagine. The garage was loaded, future pulled pork, and ribs were falling apart in the smoker, and the bikes slowly started to roll in.

The morning shot past in such a flash that I didn't get many photos. The riders meeting, getting all the bikes through tech, one of my n00bs was late due to a wrong turn, and rushing to make sure no one missed the 'C' group sight lap.

The nerves from all seven n00bs were so jittery you could feel the tension in the air. One person even had a hard time getting on his gloves, but we all pulled it together, and sent them off to the track for the first at a slow paced ride with all the flag stations waving a yellow. For those that have never done a track day, besides learning the flags in the morning riders meeting making it to your first sight laps is the most important part of the day for a new rider.

Every single one of them had a huge smile on their faces upon returning from the first session. The nerves were gone, and everyone relaxed with the unknown behind them. After a quick debriefing, they were sent off to class to learn how to do it right.

After I got all the lunch on the table, and started to stuff the faces of the whole garage I remembered to take my camera out again. Lunch was tasty BBQ, and all my helpers brought amazing sides to round it out.

Everyone filling up the tank.

Just before lunch one of our n00bs learned a very valuable lesson about throttle control... Can you guess what one one it was in this photo?

His bike came in in the middle of our lunch break, and I started to get the bike running again. At first I was just getting the bike running so Connie didn't have to drive him home, but it quickly became a mad dash to get him back on the track! That's right, my n00b was willing to jump back in the saddle and give it another go! And the little fucker did just that.

As the day ran on everyone started to feel the heat.

Bassem started to get bossy.

Then he got a little BARFy...

One of the n00bs had to call it a day a little before everyone else, as he had things he needed to get back to. Luckily KazMan had a second for a quick shot before he ran off.

After the day was done, and the beer started flowing everyone took a shot to commemorate the super day we all had. David must have noticed a nice bike/ass in the distance...

Hanging out sporting their new t-shirts, and drinking some much deserved suds!

I really want to thank Connie (Gixxergirl1000) for all her awesome n00b wrangling David, and Shawn for letting us do this, and the whole z2 staff especially Eric (KazMan) for helping me, and the n00bs make it through the day. Seriously, what an amazing team with an outstanding support program. All my helpers to make the day seamless like, Bassem, Cliff (rugbydawg13), Narve (Loopey), Patty (Maygoddess), Buford for giving us his two days, and to all the many others. Also, all the n00bs for stepping up to bat, and having the guts to take the leap. Lastly, I want to thank Danni (HorsePower) for all the outstanding effort you gave my guys on Sunday. Even letting one of the n00bs ride your bike after a crash!!

I would love it if any of you have some fun photos from the day to add them to the thread, as it would make my day to see what you all shot.

Can't wait to see you all at the track!!
shouldnthave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Spec-ECU
required protocol

SBK Slut / AMA #3287659
Mod Alumni
BARFie winner 2014
Contributor ++ 1%
BrotoGP

Motorcycles: 66 Suzuki K15 . 07 Triumph Speed Triple . 09 Yamaha R1 . 05 MV Agusta F4
Name: Dennis
Thread moved - you're such a n00b!

You guys really know how to party though, and even though I needed to sit these track days out, you guys make me wish I could've been there.

RiderzBlog | Z≤ Track Days
Spec-ECU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #3
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec-ECU View Post
Thread moved - you're such a n00b!

You guys really know how to party though, and even though I needed to sit these track days out, you guys make me wish I could've been there.
Haha! I'm so surrounded by n00bs I have become one! Hope to see you at the track soon.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
CrazyGenius
Green Street Warrior

Mod Alumni
Contributor ++++++++

Motorcycles: 2011 ZERO DS, 2008 XB12XT Buell Ulysses 1203, Mortified 2001 Custom Cafe Ninja EX250
Name: Gerard
I am jelly !!!

Carpe Diem - Seize The Day Get out there & make it a GREAT day.. while riding, if you can !

ASK ME about languages : Interpreting & Translating & Private Tutoring -- Polyglot Services: French, English, Vietnamese, Cantonese, Japanese, some Spanish & a little Mandarin

crazygeniusgt@gmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
You are a crazy genius!!! - Jan 23 2014
CrazyGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
jimboFosho
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: MOAR!
Name:
First round of pics going on Flickr tonight and should have a link and some posted here tomorrow evening.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboFosho View Post
First round of pics going on Flickr tonight and should have a link and some posted here tomorrow evening.
I can't wait to see them.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
KazMan
2012 Fifty is Nifty Tour!

AMA #2086825
Barf Racer / BARF Moderator
Barfie Winner 2017
Contributor ++++

Motorcycles: anything I can throw my leg over
Name: Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboFosho View Post
Me too!!

And I have to say it was awesome to get to put real faces and voices to barfers...even if they weren't as big as I expected
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #8
Gixxergirl1000
AFM #731

Official BARF Roadside Angel BARFIE winner 2014
BARFIE winner 2014
Contributor + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + BB
Barf Roadside Angel Leader

Motorcycles: GSXR-1000; GSX-R 450 Triple race bike "Timmay"; GS 500 race bike "The Murderbike"
Name: Connie
OK, so here's some of the pics I got, in no particular order!

Not a n00b...

Also not a n00b... but managed to achieve a personal best with his lap times this weekend!

Somebody's lovin' it...

Showing up at 6:00am, and the smoker is already going... leading to quite the amazing feast... Jeremy, you just about qualify for BBQ God status...

This was FULL of pulled pork and unbelievably tender ribs ( ) before hordes of starving riders & instructors descended like locusts!! And there was still some left at the end of the day... after Jeremy fed maybe 3 dozen people...

And then the crash truck brought Lucas' bike... and we all stood around going "Daaaaamn..." (note the dangling right clip-on)

But Jeremy says "Meh. No biggie."

Bike was fixed and re-tech'd by end of lunch, and our Gixxah Rydah was back out for the afternoon sessions!

And I took a mid-afternoon coma in the Comfychair... cuz I'm old like that...

I had so much fun with all our not-so-n00b-any-mores! Z2 (as usual) put on an AMAZING event, things ran like clockwork, and it was fun watching all the cars out there!

But what really made the weekend epic was Jeremy. He was tireless in his care of the n00bs (and at least one racer! ), and his ability to whip a bike back into safe riding condition was unbelievable!

Jeremy, you truly are an amazing man, and I am so grateful for your non-stop kindness to all of us... if I were an Evil Scientist, I would totally kidnap you, clone you, and sell the clones for billions...

On Sunday, we hit Chevy's for dinner...

Not-n00bs-Any-More!

and haven't-been-n00bs-in-a-reeeeaaaaally-long-time alike!
(Yes, one was tired, and the other not happy about salt... )

So, for the TL;DR crowd...

EPIC WEEKEND WAS EPIC!!!

TMU Local 209- Road Captain- cuz Roundboy sez so!

Check out my website & read my race reports: RoadsideAngelRacing.com

Jim Perry~ my <3 10/18/08 Steve "Cygnus" Hempler 12/2/10 Gary Jaehne 5/19/12 Dad 11/22/13

Last edited by Gixxergirl1000; 07-02-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Gixxergirl1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:56 AM   #9
Hooli
Political thunderwhore

Barfie Winner 2010
Founding Member
Top Percent Poster
Contributor++++

Motorcycles: Yep.
Name: El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxergirl1000 View Post
And I took a mid-afternoon coma in the Comfychair... cuz I'm old like that...
Right. Someone wasn't too tired to take a sleep-selfie.

"My bullshit meter and givsafuckometers are currently at zenith and nadir." - Carries An Axe

Performance Concepts RMC Moto
---------------------------------
Art Grant Craig Hightower Rydther/B12Bill Gary Jaehne AFM Miri/Lylith
HoHo
Hooli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #10
Abyss
Anhedonia

Motorcycles: Powered by Super Eurobeat
Name: Rydah
That chair was pretty fucking comfy...

And I have never had ribs as good as the ones Jeremy cooked up. True BBQ OG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldritch View Post
First of all, fuck speed laws, fuck speed laws, fuck speed laws, fuck all speed limits always.
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #11
pats
Llamaha

Motorcycles: Monster 1100 Evo, BMW R1200GS Adventure, Yamaha WR250X
Name: Pat
Nice track day report! I gotta get my ass to Sonoma!
pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 PM   #12
rugbydawg13
MoreTitaniumThanMyBikes

Contributor ++

Motorcycles: 2010 848, 2015 R3, 2007 CRF250, 2003 SV650
Name: Cliff
Don't forget to check out Dito's site and buy some pics. Always cool to have photos of your first time.
Saturday
http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web140628/
Sunday
http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web140629/
MotoAmerica #771
AFM & CVMA #75
"I wear a normal guy costume all the time. I take it off when I get to the track with the rest of you nuts."
rugbydawg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:27 PM   #13
jimboFosho
Veteran

Contributor +++

Motorcycles: MOAR!
Name:
Went through some pictures and it looks like I should have actually set it up properly but I think my mind was too preoccupied to think about that this weekend Still got some decent action shots, all of the non-n00bs. Will have to remember to shoot some more next time!
Teh TRIPLE! surrounded by n00b bikes.

The best place to be any day of the week

Couple of BARFers having fun.

NARVEEE!!!!!

Dare

Horsepowah!

Going for that personal best.

The man of the weekend on one of the sexiest machines out there...

Feel free to browse and download through the rest. So far I have only uploaded pics of the BARF group and might get around to doing the rest of the bikes and cars if I get time. If you want one but it is under/overexposed, I can touch them up a bit for ya. The full res images are all up there
Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #14
motodolphin
Dolphin on a Moto

Motorcycles: '13 Ninja 650, '99 CBR600f4
Name: Brian
Here's one with James (jimboFosho) and Lucas (Abyss) behind me ... for about 5 seconds I think this was C group session 2 on Saturday.

One from mid-day Sunday.

And one more from end-of-day Sunday. Took all weekend but I finally started getting more lean into the bike. Plenty of work to do on body position but before we know it I'll look like the guy behind me (is that you, KazMan?)!

All photos courtesy of http://www.gotbluemilk.com. Thanks for the awesome photos guys! Hopefully at a track day soon I'll be able to have some real lean on the bike for you to capture.

Last edited by motodolphin; 07-02-2014 at 09:36 PM..
motodolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:26 PM   #15
shouldnthave
Taze away, Yana...

Barfie Winner 2017

NICE!! Thanks for the awesome photos, and thanks for the BBQ props. You kids are making me blush.

Can't wait to see you all out there again. I'm at most all the Z2 track days, so if you find a day you can make, hit me up for a place to pit.